The SurpriseBox Worldwide Trip 2

Mrinterface

07 Jan 2015, 21:16

gogusrl wrote: Since it's coming to romania, any way I can get on the list ?
The only way you can enter an already started list is by having someone vouch for you. This someone should not be new to the forum. ( I decide based on gut feeling )
So have someone PM me as your 'voucher' and I'll put you on the list.

andrewjoy

07 Jan 2015, 21:29

Mrinterface wrote:
gogusrl wrote: Since it's coming to romania, any way I can get on the list ?
The only way you can enter an already started list is by having someone vouch for you. This someone should not be new to the forum. ( I decide based on gut feeling )
So have someone PM me as your 'voucher' and I'll put you on the list.
Just like the Orion Syndicate.

Mrinterface

07 Jan 2015, 21:39

andrewjoy wrote: Just like the Orion Syndicate.
In an act called "witnessing," Syndicate members would often vouch for the loyalty of any new recruit whom they brought into the organization. This was a method of ensuring trustworthiness amongst its members, as any Syndicate member who was found to have brought in a disloyal recruit would be killed along with that recruit
If you vouch for someone and this someone misbehaves, you will be tarred and feathered as well :shock:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

07 Jan 2015, 22:00

It's a big deal this vouching thing ....

Mrinterface

07 Jan 2015, 22:12

And we have our first Vouchee : gogusrl
Vouched for by DanielT
Subsequently added to the list.

7bit

07 Jan 2015, 22:30

Ascaii wrote: I am preparing the box to add to the box as well, oh wait... xD
40ft container ready to be loaded with the SurpriseBox content ...
:roll:

Compgeke

14 Jan 2015, 19:12

Alright guys, I'll be picking it up after school today and get it shipped out again asap.

https://tools.usps.com//go/TrackConfirm ... 02843%2039

Compgeke

15 Jan 2015, 04:49

And update again: I have the box and grabbed some stuff.

I'll be shipping it out on Monday or Tuesday of next week. I need to grab a couple things from storage but I won't be able to do that until Saturday.

Grabbed a smilie cap and red caps from the grab bag, ergodox PCBs and teensy from the swap stuff. No need to fear though as I'm adding back in some awesome stuff worth a bit more, I have too much cool stuff packed up :D.

Ascaii
The Beard

21 Jan 2015, 11:50

Current status?

DanielT

21 Jan 2015, 11:56

Same question here, because I'm next in line after the US tour is finished.

Compgeke

22 Jan 2015, 05:21

Current status is very soon, within the next couple days - I got a sinus infection and my mom got sick as well. I have it repacked waiting to go, it's just a matter of getting down to the post office.

DanielT

22 Jan 2015, 06:00

Oh :( In that case get well soon ! Health is more important.

Compgeke

26 Jan 2015, 02:46

Alright, the box will be shipped off tomorrow. I'm almost over the sinus infection and I sold a laptop so I won't have to be so worried about "Damn it, what if I can't clear it" - if the box costs $80 to ship there's an issue.

Ascaii
The Beard

03 Feb 2015, 15:27

Another week later, status update please.

DanielT

04 Feb 2015, 15:24

I have an update from my side. Due to some recent changes in the way non EU packages are handled by Romanian Postal Service shipping from US to RO has become a risky business, I have already lost a package and tracking works like crap if it works, and the customs take 2-3 weeks to clear the package. So maybe somebody on the list can take the first place in European list, from a civilized country like Germany or whatever but not Romania.
I'm willing to cover the shipping from that user to me and also import/customs taxes that he will pay, I just want the surprize box to land safe, with working tracking from US to EU.
I'm really sorry for this, I should have known that the nice thing going on was too good to last.
So please do it for the Surprize Box :)

fifted

04 Feb 2015, 15:56

And a non-update from my side: I can confirm that no delightful (or otherwise) package full of keyboard goodness has arrived at my doorstep as of this morning.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Ascaii
The Beard

05 Feb 2015, 18:52

daniel, I would be glad to switch up and be the first european, but I would definitely have to ask for help with the import taxes as I am still in starving student mode :D

DanielT

05 Feb 2015, 19:10

No problem, I just don't want the package to get lost. The Romanian Postal Services are in the process to be sold to some Belgian Company and it's a nightmare. I made the mistake to not pay for tracked shipping and now the Charred Orange set from Germany is MIA :( I still have hopes... But a package from US is gone without a trace.
So this is why I'm asking for this and as promissed I'll cover all the stuff, I'm a man of my word.

scottc

05 Feb 2015, 19:58

Any chance of a package update? :?

fifted

05 Feb 2015, 20:00

Maybe I should have added in my last post that I am next in line. I still haven't seen it or got word from my predecessor, but I will update as soon as I do - I'm just as excited as the rest of y'all!

scottc

05 Feb 2015, 20:13

Thanks fifted. I was more hoping from an update from Compgeke since it seems to have been at his place for a while.

Compgeke

05 Feb 2015, 23:05

Sorry guys, it's for sure going out tomorrow. I ended up using the money I previously had to get food and then gas to get my mom to a doctors appointment. These last months have sucked as $400 paychecks don't go far. Internet disconnects don't help either.

I'm not leaving the house at all today as we lack any gas money but tomorrow we have to go to an appointment and I'll be dropping it off then, it's packed and sealed waiting to go out as-is.

jacobolus

06 Feb 2015, 01:04

Sorry to hear money’s so tight and you’ve been dealing with illnesses, sounds rough. I’m sure we could each chip in a few bucks to help cover a bit of gas and posting the box. No one should have to choose between keyboard parts and food.

DanielT

06 Feb 2015, 11:41

Yep, that wouldn't be a problem, that's why we are a community, to share and help.

HzFaq

06 Feb 2015, 11:44

Yup, I don't mind chipping in for big shipping bills or customs fees or whatever.

andrewjoy

06 Feb 2015, 15:18

jacobolus wrote: No one should have to choose between keyboard parts and food.
Indeed its keyboard parts every time! :P

In all honesty i will help out with shipping if you need.

Ascaii
The Beard

07 Feb 2015, 12:35

Same here, crowdfund this shit :P

7bit

07 Feb 2015, 12:42

DanielT wrote: ... So maybe somebody on the list can take the first place in European list, from a civilized country like Germany or whatever but not Romania. ...
Germany is not much more civilised than any other here in Europe.

Ideally, the package should be well declared with an invoice attached outside that lists the contents and their values.

Ah, yes, and one more thing:

DON'T DECLARE IT AS GIFT!!!!!!!!
:mad:

wheybags

07 Feb 2015, 12:49

Why not?

imbattable

07 Feb 2015, 12:53

Gift is poison in German

Return to “Keyboards”