The Cherry Switch Try Gaming PCB's

CeeSA

11 Jul 2011, 10:58

from user to user via PM.
would be always nice i get a BCC but it's not necessary!

for the 2nd round the route will be defined "smart" after closing the round to minimize shipping costs.

TheDuke

11 Jul 2011, 11:34

Nice :)

Any idea when the second round should be closed ? Waiting until we reached roughly 10 person or waiting till the end of the week/month/whatever ;).

CeeSA

11 Jul 2011, 11:48

as i sayed before, when the pcb is back in my hands and ready to go.

TheDuke

11 Jul 2011, 12:10

Sorry for asking because for me it was not clear that getting back the pcb has something to do with the rounds closure ;).
I will not disturb you again ... mea culpa.

CeeSA

11 Jul 2011, 13:35

no problem, i only close the second round to define a suitable sequence for minimze the way and shipping costs....
that was not necessary for the 1st (german) round.
but we could say we keep the sequence and the package and have longer distance and more shipping costs.
it's up the people in the list. say what you prefer.

TheDuke

11 Jul 2011, 13:57

Tohveli and me (see his post on side 3 -> already moved) are for an optimized sequence to save shipping costs. I think this makes more sense then sending to Ilse of Man -> FIN -> UK -> GER -> CZ -> GER etc.
For saving money we should proceed with GER because we will start the 2nd round (CeeSa) from GER.
But please don't get me wrong I don't want to jump the queue I want to save money for all of you.
But if you don't want to mix the sequence and send it in order how the people posts, then start with Isle of Man, UK, FIN, CZ and GER at the end.

hoggy

11 Jul 2011, 14:31

I'm going to pull out.

I've now got keyboards with all of the switches - except for the ghetto reds and that I'm waiting for a red poker to arrive. I need to spend less on 'boards and it might help cut costs for someone else.

I still think it's a good idea. I'm selling a board with MY switches soon - if I can't sell it, I'll cut out a bit for this.

CeeSA

11 Jul 2011, 15:48

ok, it's good to hear that you have now all switches.

original sequence w/o hoggy is on the line.

Bach0

11 Jul 2011, 18:09

Hi guys,

I would love to try out the switches, I'm thinking of buying my first mechanical keyboard but it's hard without trying them first. I'm in UK.

I hope I'm not late. Thanks in advance. :)

CeeSA

11 Jul 2011, 20:46

no, just in time. your are in. *list updated*

TheDuke

11 Jul 2011, 21:01

Bach0 wrote: I would love to try out the switches, I'm thinking of buying my first mechanical keyboard but it's hard without trying them first.
Welcome in the club ... I have the same problem ;)

hoggy

11 Jul 2011, 21:14

The word that was on the tip of my tongue when I wrote this was "Sorry". After reading this post I think it came across as rude and ungrateful. My apologies.

I do of course, hope the others in the round find a switch to suit.
hoggy wrote:I'm going to pull out.

I've now got keyboards with all of the switches - except for the ghetto reds and that I'm waiting for a red poker to arrive. I need to spend less on 'boards and it might help cut costs for someone else.

I still think it's a good idea. I'm selling a board with MY switches soon - if I can't sell it, I'll cut out a bit for this.

Bach0

11 Jul 2011, 21:20

CeeSA wrote:no, just in time. your are in. *list updated*
Brilliant!

TheDuke wrote:Welcome in the club ... I have the same problem ;)

CeeSA

12 Jul 2011, 11:59

at the moment I tend to leave the current sequence.
although we now have two englishman.
shipping costs from germany to finland are 3,45€ instead of 2,20€ shipping so no matter.

Another vote for optimize (costs) the sequence beside TheDuke?
plz respond

TheDuke

12 Jul 2011, 13:10

Ah, if the difference in shipping costs is really so small, then it is not necessary to optimize the cost but the shipping time.
Therefore it makes sense to move bach0 between Wipster and me.

Where are the samples actually ? Haes ? Independent of the decision he can send the samples directly to Tohveli or not ?

CeeSA

12 Jul 2011, 13:48

the samples are on the way to me, i hope i will get it today.
i will add the pcb for the green switches (donated by Ascaii).
afterwards i will ship to Tohveli.

Tohveli

12 Jul 2011, 13:52

Ok, nice...I will be in New York City from 1.8-10.8 so if they arrive at that time I won't be able to get them moving so quickly. But if they arrive before that I will try to get my testing done before I go away.

BMASTER

12 Jul 2011, 15:22

How, then, is the order?

CeeSA

12 Jul 2011, 15:26

i think until 01/08 is time enough for testing and shipping to the next one.

TheDuke

12 Jul 2011, 16:03

@Tohveli: I hope you will forward the switches to the next one lastest after 2 days of testing ;). I think 2 days are more than sufficient.
What is the meaning of you and the rest of the participants because plus shipping etc. it will last round about 1 week moving the switches between us.

Tohveli

13 Jul 2011, 09:39

Yes of course...I just thought I'd mention it in case there would be any delays ^^

CeeSA

14 Jul 2011, 18:26

the boards are not here, where are they?
Haes sent them 11/07...

Bach0

14 Jul 2011, 18:41

CeeSA wrote:the boards are not here, where are they?
Haes sent them 11/07...
I hope it's not lost :s

TheDuke

14 Jul 2011, 20:11

Not funny :-(. Please stop joking CeeSa ;-).
That's why I prefer using insured parcels via DHL with tracking ID.

Haes

15 Jul 2011, 14:15

CeeSA wrote:the boards are not here, where are they?
Haes sent them 11/07...
any news on that? did you get them finally?

well, i sent them with maxibrief, but never had any problems so far. i've the invoice, so if something happened (i hope not), i'll go to the post office.

Tohveli

15 Jul 2011, 16:19

I once lost 90€ worth of headphones in a maxiletter that I sent to the UK. Let's hope you have better luck...

CeeSA

15 Jul 2011, 16:22

the package is now at the postoffice. tomorrow i could get it. (i think these are the pcb's ...) :D

Haes

15 Jul 2011, 17:21

CeeSA wrote:the package is now at the postoffice. tomorrow i could get it. (i think these are the pcb's ...) :D
omg, what took them so long to deliver it :o ... fail deutsche post !

lal

15 Jul 2011, 21:40

It seems they're having trouble currently. This week's been the first time ever an early Monday morning amazon/DHL order did not turn up the next day but three days later. Or they want their express service to be something special finally...

Luhmaniac

15 Jul 2011, 22:55

Maybe it's these idiots: http://dhl.blogsport.de/.

Return to “Try before you buy”