Alternatives to Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Jun 2013, 14:03

After approx 5 years my Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX died on me and I'm looking for a replacement.

I totally love the form factor (even if I don't use it for notebook), the free scrolling wheel, the switches feedback and very low power consumption (2 months on Eneloop).

Now sadly Logitech has "updated" that model and the latest version is basically a piece of crap (very bad switches and lower quality materials).

Can anyone suggest a similar wireless mouse? Please note that I already discarded roccat and razer because of the very bad battery life.

jasam22

27 Aug 2013, 08:57

Logitech Zone Touch Mouse (T400)

Microsoft Touch Mouse

Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000

Those two Microsoft model have simular laser to Logitech Darkfiled laser used in Anywhere MX,which make's it work on almost any surface.

CeeSA

27 Aug 2013, 09:20

hmm, for wireless I like the Logitech M705. Don't know wether Logitech changer the internals too.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Aug 2013, 09:24

I tried Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 and unfortunately it's a pretty crappy mouse.

M705 is the mouse I'm using now and it's pretty darn good, but it's an old model. They surely have screwed newer versions.

jasam22

27 Aug 2013, 09:39

Well its not really crappy but it is true that its not really as good as Anywhere MX.
But i am surpassed that you like M705 that much then,i personally didnt like that laser it has at all.
And it pretty much only works on mousepad accurately.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Aug 2013, 10:21

jasam22 wrote:Well its not really crappy but it is true that its not really as good as Anywhere MX.
But i am surpassed that you like M705 that much then,i personally didnt like that laser it has at all.
And it pretty much only works on mousepad accurately.
only place where it doesn't work is glass actually, but again, I bet new models suck. Mine is from when it was still called "marathon".

the MS5000 is a silly office mouse, with a silly scratchy wheel (YMMV)

Edit: just to be more detailed about why I don't like the MS5000:

1) middle click is too hard
2) mouse wheel is "free" but it has too much friction, making long scrolls is painful
3) side button is in a wrong position

The good about it is that it works anywhere.

jasam22

27 Aug 2013, 11:04

I can see your point,it is cheaply made.Thats why i said it not as good as Anywhere MX,but i was talking about laser and battery performance which is pretty much the same.

Unfortunately best wireless mouse doesn't exist ,i tried most of them and they all have some issues,but Logitech one's tend to have best build quality.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Aug 2013, 11:52

jasam22 wrote:Unfortunately best wireless mouse doesn't exist ,i tried most of them and they all have some issues,but Logitech one's tend to have best build quality.
I agree, even though this is changing over time... maybe because people need "touch" now and they are less interested in mice.

terrpn

27 Aug 2013, 16:44

am currently using a m705 just on a regular table top without any problems- works good for me :D

had it for over a year......

kensington slim blade's are pretty good too

Hypersphere

27 Aug 2013, 16:45

The best mouse I have ever used is the Razer DA Black Edition. However, it is not wireless. I like the DA Black because its switches (including the middle switch) are easy to actuate, the scroll wheel is accurate and does not rattle or make other undue noises, the shape feels just right in my hand, and the surface remains dry to the touch.

terrpn

27 Aug 2013, 16:47

i have this one

for a wireless mouse i have been using for 3 years without any problems

decent battery life
Attachments
kensington-slimblade-media-mouse.png
kensington-slimblade-media-mouse.png (34.77 KiB) Viewed 10429 times

terrpn

27 Aug 2013, 16:49

i am only speaking of "wireless mouses," which you were referring to

wired is whole other ballgame...........

mSSM

28 Aug 2013, 13:50

Apparently mice have to become flatter now: http://youtu.be/JRQS40Ilt1w

Looks like that thing is horribly over-designed, but maybe you can find it useful?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Aug 2013, 13:54

I hate touch mice with a passion :)

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

28 Aug 2013, 17:39

Try Logitech G9X

Its pretty small for a gaming mouse, a bit bigger than the anywhere mx mouse. Same type wheel and very accurate mouse overall.
Its just gone EOL (end of life) but there are some around if u dig thru resellers.

I use one at home for both work and le game. Its a corded mouse tho.

The back chassis thingy is detachable and theres 2 different shapes in the package. This is the smaller of the 2 and which i also use.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Aug 2013, 17:49

very nice, unfortunately it's wired

ماء

28 Aug 2013, 17:54

Logitech G700/G700s also wireless

terrpn

28 Aug 2013, 18:30

i guess the world is getting flat...........
Attachments
flat.jpeg
flat.jpeg (25.04 KiB) Viewed 10357 times

pasph

12 Sep 2013, 01:27

Logitech G602?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Sep 2013, 08:35

pasph wrote:Logitech G602?
how to make this mouse cooler?! let's add MOAR buttons! :P

vun

12 Sep 2013, 10:18

Oh wow, that actually looks like it'd be nice.

Also, about the buttons; they do look ugly, but my experience with Logitech's button design is that they work like an absolute dream, the shapes and placment mean that they are so intuitive to use and you never hit the wrong one. I loved the buttons on the G700s to bits, but for other reasons I had to return it as the buttons alone didn't save it.

I may have to pick up the G602 sometime, although for the moment I don't think my collection needs to grow.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”