What mousepad do you use?

hamza_tm

02 Nov 2012, 20:49

I think that is exactly what he wants ;) In fact Icarium, I notice you haven't contributed either of those two things you mentioned lol

Artisan Zero, Artisan Shiden, Roccat Alumic, Steelseries SX, QCK Heavy and Mass, Icemat, Sphex, Mionix Propus 380, Zowie Swift..

Sold a few over time, only have the first three now.

geotang

02 Nov 2012, 22:47

Artisan Hien, Soft
I've only felt the qck and the hien and from my brief encounter, I can say the qck is a lot more smooth but it also is a very slow mousepad. The hien is rough.. yet it doesn't really hinder mouse movement. It's a very smooth pad despite the roughness of the surface, if that makes any sense.

trax

07 Nov 2012, 09:47

I have a QPAD HeatoN with a QPAD 5K.
I got both for free but would definitely get them again.

JBert

08 Nov 2012, 22:12

Sharkoon Xurface, some thin plastic mat: http://www.sharkoon.com/?q=en/node/956
Cheap (€5 for 5) and I replace it maybe once a year because it starts curling at the edges. But then again, I'm not a serious gamer.

moltobene

09 Nov 2012, 21:50

Razer Goliathus Control Edition mid size. Quite satisfied with it, although I don't think I would buy such a large mousemat again. For a high sense user like me the small one should definitely be enough.

nnelg74

17 Nov 2012, 00:52

I currently use the Razer Goliathus Control Edition but I'm getting the Artisan Hayate.

Daniel Beardsmore

17 Nov 2012, 02:48

I bought a Mozilla Firefox mousemat from Mozilla once — rubbish thing, fell apart. Currently at home I have some basic one from a high street store, smooth with a picture printed on it. Works perfectly. Not sure why I'm using it honestly, maybe for a smoother surface.

I don't have a mousemat at work due to lack of space (from keeping a laptop next to my PC keyboard, and the mouse bouncing between them like a pinball), so it's scratchy mousing for me. Plus it's a wood surface that the IntelliMouse Optical 1.1 doesn't track on properly. Should probably get a trackball, but I won't.

madmalkav

18 Nov 2012, 22:54

A leather handmade mousepad with an image of a mermaid I got as a present from a customer some years ago.

naisanza

30 Nov 2012, 16:04

Double stacking a Steelseries Qck+ and a XL Corepad. One is too thin, and a foam pad is too thick and is bulky when rolled up.

exousia7

11 Dec 2012, 11:32

Using a Razer eXactMat control side, ordered a SteelSeries Qck+ Na'vi Edition...can't wait!

Ascaii
The Beard

11 Dec 2012, 19:05

I use an elecom eForce mousepad when working/gaming that I grabbed from some local comp store. Felt decent and I dont regret the purchase.

lxrogers

29 Dec 2012, 07:09

Razer Destructor
It has a nice surface but after a lot of use I have to wash it and my g92x with rubbing alcohol, and then it becomes slick again.

madmalkav

06 Jan 2013, 19:49

The leather mousepad I said I was using started to be too much damaged, so as a quick improvisation I recovered an old mat of those kind used to play collectible card games. Working far better than expected.

domin8r

08 Jan 2013, 13:43

Everglide Giganta at work, Steelseries QCK at home.
Might buy a corepad xxl. Also a nice surface to set your keyboard on.

Fernlund

12 Jan 2013, 19:26

I've just bought a Artisan Shiden Medium size Medium hardness.
Just love the glide of it, like a super good plastic pad but still fills like a cloth.
Like gilding on air :)
Attachments
IMG_20130112_192133.jpg
IMG_20130112_192133.jpg (517.27 KiB) Viewed 11167 times

bugsaint

18 Jan 2013, 13:26

boogie bug XL

mattics

23 Jan 2013, 10:48

GeorgeStorm wrote:Boogie Big XL.

Really like having the keyboard and mouse on the same surface, used my desk for a while, but I found it would rub on my wrist/forearm unless I wore something long sleeved :(
Same mat at home, I have had it for years. I have had it in the washing machine on a low heat and left it to dry out in the sun a couple of time and none of the fabric peeled. Obviously YMMV.

I too had issues with my wrist and forearm rubbing, I found it to be more of an issue with my chair height. I made a conscious effort to improve my posture and realised my chair needed to be higher, this meant my forearms and elbows weren't at an extreme angle so no longer rubbed. I now have a new problem, at work I have a corner desk but need to sit sort of straight on so my left elbow is always on the corner! I need to devise a curved Boogie Bug!

HWI

26 Jan 2013, 10:27

Currently using a PureTrak Talent.
Just switched from an Artisan Shiden, nice pad but Artisans wear out too fast for their cost, that was my 3rd one.

el2k

27 Jan 2013, 22:36

Qpad for life, Always used one, Always will.

gmjhowe

06 Feb 2013, 11:55

I made myself a mouse pad from finest upholstery leather, it feels just as smooth as my old aluminium Razer mouse pad.
Leather wears really well over time, so I expect it to last a while.

The leather was glued onto a piece of hardboard using wood glue.
Leather Mousepad
Leather Mousepad
MousePad.jpg (230.37 KiB) Viewed 10913 times

Ishumprod

09 Feb 2013, 06:50

looks so good !!

now go play some western games =D

Plater

25 Feb 2013, 15:38

I use the Razer Destructor. Too bad its discontinued now, I really like the shape of this Mouse Pad.

Icarium

25 Feb 2013, 15:41

OMG! You have the numpad mouse! :)

Plater

25 Feb 2013, 15:46

Icarium wrote:OMG! You have the numpad mouse! :)
Yeah, its wonderful. I used to have a Razer Orochi, but then my friend insisted in my trying out his Naga. I went to the shops and bought the mouse right after I tried using it for 5minutes. :lol:

vun

25 Feb 2013, 22:46

Icarium wrote:OMG! You have the numpad mouse! :)
Here's another numpad mouse on what is probably my favourite pad so far;

kickin

15 Mar 2013, 21:32

SteelSeries QcK Heavy at home.
SteelSeries QcK Mass when traveling.

Compgeke

15 Mar 2013, 23:08

I have some old Crayola mouse pad that I've had forever, given to me years ago and yet it works. Not the best, but it's not like a cheap MS Mouse needs a lot.

realex

18 Mar 2013, 20:02

all my puretrak talents are worn down so i decided to give the hayate another shot. tried it before, didn't like it then but right now i am satisfied with it - i would even consider it on par with the talent, let's see how long it lasts - both this impression and the pad itself durability-wise.

the edges are relatively rough, i might actually tape them with a special tesa tape, which is normally used to protect books edges - it works really well, also for preventing pads from rounding on the armrest position.
Attachments
Artisan Hayate
Artisan Hayate
hayate.jpg (421.2 KiB) Viewed 10403 times

Acanthophis

26 Mar 2013, 16:39

I just bought a Artisan Shidenkai (xsoft).
I used a Steelseries QCK+ before.
I was worried first about the price, but so far, this is the best mat I ever encountered so far. If you slide with your fingers across the surface it feels like a plastic mat, when you apply some pressure it instantly sinks in like a soft cloth mat. I like this hybrid thing quite a lot.
I'm quite happy :)

pheo

27 Mar 2013, 17:07

@Acanthophis: It looks nice! where did you get it and how much? I couldnt find on amazon/es/de/co.uk.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”