Razer mice.

QualityMechKeyboards

21 Aug 2011, 15:44

Best mouse I have tried so far is the V7 gaming mouse, only ~$25 shipped and great tracking/feel, enough dpi (2400) and no gimmicks. Better than any razer mouse out right now IMO.

Tycn

29 Aug 2011, 17:17

Had a Copperhead, used for ~2 years. Hated the tapered design since it made it massively uncomfortable to fingertip grip. The silicon highlights on the sides wore away where my fingers sat and the scroll wheel + middle mouse died.

Switched to an Abyssus. Much more conducive to fingertip grip BUT the squared edges of the mouse buttons got really annoying.

Switched to Logitech G9x. Though there are some fairly prominent flaws (middle mouse harder than it should be to depress, sensor is positioned off-center, too heavy even with no weights) it's the best mouse I've used due to ergonomics and well placed buttons. Then again, it retails for $100+ here so it bloody well ought to be.

Konrad

30 Aug 2011, 01:51

I'm rather fond of my Gigabyte Ghost GM8000X, I like the styling and haven't found any others with better specs. To me the Razers generally seem clunky and hugely oversized, not easily gripped in a comfortable manner. It's all about preference.

NewGuy

01 Sep 2011, 13:21

Konrad wrote:I'm rather fond of my Gigabyte Ghost GM8000X, I like the styling and haven't found any others with better specs. To me the Razers generally seem clunky and hugely oversized, not easily gripped in a comfortable manner. It's all about preference.
That's bigger than a deathadder in every dimension, uses laser rather than optical (unless you have a triple monitor setup, no need for that extra dpi) and uses a sensor which has built-in mouse acceleration. (unsuitable for gaming)

Konrad

01 Sep 2011, 14:41

Works fine for me. Mouse acceleration can be configured through software or disabled entirely, and I make good use of it in gaming. I'll have to check dimensions, I was under the impression that the Razers are physically larger.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”