Looking for a mouse...

ShuttleMunky

13 Jul 2012, 21:15

Hey guys this is my first topic here...

I am looking for a new mouse with similar size/shape with razer abyssus/salmosa or steelseries kinzu etc.. BUT with the 2 side buttons... That is a must... And prefer a good sensor as of abyssus's... Looking around and it seem this thing just doesn't exist... I dont like huge stuff like deathadder g400 etc.. even though my hands are medium-big sized...

So any particular mouse to fit my needs? btw 1600 dpi is fine for me.. And i am NOT looking for stuff with changable weights , fancy leds, braided cables etc... please suggest me something...

zulios

13 Jul 2012, 23:09

Hello Shuttlemunky,

Have you had a look at the Microsoft X5 mouse ?

Pros :
- Pretty cheap, in France for the least (20 euros)
- Up to 2000 dpi by steps of 400
- Easy macro editor
- Two thumb buttons set up vertically, really easy and convenient to use
- Of course fully integrated into Windows

Cons :
- Unusual shape. The rear is pretty big, and it's usually a hit or miss. I happen to like it a lot, many people don't.
- Three buttons disposed on the top are supposed to let you switch with different dpi setups easily. Actually they're too difficult to reach and I don't even use them or by accident.
- Nothing fancy, it's a cheap mouse.

ShuttleMunky

14 Jul 2012, 08:34

Well the shape is too big for me and also too weird... but thanks for the suggestion..

i more into something with simple shape but quaility built thing..

nathanak21

14 Jul 2012, 22:13

I had the same problem as you, the mamba was too expensive and the deathadder was too big for me. I picked up the naga and its amazing. I don't play mmos or many rpgs but I love not having to worry about binding keys. The numpad is helpful and easy to manage. Just my $0.02

rhizo

14 Jul 2012, 23:24

Shuttlemunky, is your grip claw/fingertip? if so, go for the cm storm spawn, has best sensor on the market, good price and solidly build. I'v tried a whole ton of mice (deathadder, g9x, sensei, abyssus, g500, naga, R.A.T 7) and i can honestly say that the cm storm spawn is the best of the lot for me, especially considering the incredible ergonomic shape for my grip style (google it and you will see what i mean :)

It's cheap as chips so you can always try it and send it back or just flog it. Make sure to get the firmware update (fixes lift off distance problem) and set it to 1800 dpi (change microsoft sensitivity not the mouse) and you have the best sensor on the market - no debate - and a quality mouse at a bargain price!

ShuttleMunky

14 Jul 2012, 23:31

@nathanak21 Even though ive put years into mmos and especially WoW.. Those a lot of buttons on the side is just not the thing for me. I just used two buttons on the side for weapon hotswap macros. I like the keyboard to handle the rest. Now i am more into precision (sensor) and simplicity with quality...

@rhize I use fingertip grip. YES. that mouse and xornet was always mentioned whenever i look for a mouse. Unfortunately those are not available in where i live. (Turkey) guess i will have to purchase it overseas since i am not able to just find "the" mouse i am looking for. I guess i will look for ways to obtain a spawn...

rhizo

15 Jul 2012, 00:07

ShuttleMunky wrote:@nathanak21 Even though ive put years into mmos and especially WoW.. Those a lot of buttons on the side is just not the thing for me. I just used two buttons on the side for weapon hotswap macros. I like the keyboard to handle the rest. Now i am more into precision (sensor) and simplicity with quality...

@rhize I use fingertip grip. YES. that mouse and xornet was always mentioned whenever i look for a mouse. Unfortunately those are not available in where i live. (Turkey) guess i will have to purchase it overseas since i am not able to just find "the" mouse i am looking for. I guess i will look for ways to obtain a spawn...
I use fingertip also and from experience with the mouse using this grip I suggest you tell the Turkey secret services to fly over and get you a spawn.

ShuttleMunky

15 Jul 2012, 17:05

One store actually had it a while ago... But it is now out of stock.

hfcobra

20 Sep 2012, 08:03

I recommend you get the Zowie AM

It fits your description of what you want perfectly and has what is called a "perfect" sensor since it does not have prediction or acceleration. Also has a low LOD due to the lens. Although this lowers the max perfect control speed, it is still very fast and not where you need to worry unless you play FPS games at VERY low sens. The buttons are also very clicky and are more like an MX Blue switch if the Abyssus used Browns. Not a good description but they are very clicky, less squishy, and require a tiny bit more force to press. I really like them but it took a day to get used to them after using OMRON switches my whole life. They are called Huano switches if you prefer to look them up.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”