Like the shape of Cyborg RAT mice - alternatives?

CeeSA

11 Jan 2013, 13:24

I recently had the opportunity to take a Cyborg RAT in hand.
I like the shape very much. Especially thewide and the mouse buttons.
However, the mouse buttons are way too loud and the corresponding desgin not my taste. Maybe someone has tips which mouse with a good optical sensor has a similar shape? I use currently a G400 and am very happy except for the shape. Bothered me, however, has always been that the mouse buttons are on beds in housing, not duch operate freely.

If you don't understand my english, I can well understand that fact ;)

vun

11 Jan 2013, 13:38

I have a RAT7 in my collection, there really isn't a mouse that is just like it, but the G9x is fairly close and worth giving a go unless the slight hardware acceleration in the sensor is a major problem for you. If you play on a black hard pad though the amount should be barely noticeable.

Might sound a bit odd, but the Mionix Naos might be worth looking into, the 3200 is the optical sensor one, the 5000 has a somewhat unstable laser sensor, I wouldn't really recommend it unless you have a top of the line hard mousepad, but the optical sensor should be just fine. The Naos mice have a rather odd click sound though, so you should probably see if you could try one in the store before buying one.

realex

19 Jan 2013, 23:40

You could give the logitech g700 a try, as it also is a heavy and ergonomic mouse. Sensor wise, sadly almost anything will be a downgrade from the g400. You could have a hard time switching to a non flawless sensor, when you're used to the ADNS-A3080E or A3090

CeeSA

20 Jan 2013, 00:12

Last week i tested some mice. Today the new RAT3 came up. Light mouse (83gr), AVAGO 3090 Sensor and the shape i like. It looks like robot shit but the shape fits my hand better than the G400. The software is ok.

I tried a G700 long time ago and the weight and the shape felt horrible to me.

guilleguillaume

20 Jan 2013, 00:51

The never ending search of a mouse.

I've been trough that until I got my Logitech Mini Optical, no more search needed. I hope you're finally found your beloved mouse.

Ishumprod

31 Jan 2013, 00:12

i was captivated by the robot-looks of the RAT 9 and bought it as soon as i knew it existed ( one year ago or so )

later, i played with the G9x at a convention at the ASUS stand, and fell in love with it. Rubber feel, perfect weight, VERY cheap, good feel, not too clicky( but still ) corded, gold plated usb... i'm in love with this mouse, really ;)

oh and forgot to mention : first post here ! hope to stay in, and for a log time !

vun

31 Jan 2013, 02:05

Ishumprod wrote:i was captivated by the robot-looks of the RAT 9 and bought it as soon as i knew it existed ( one year ago or so )

later, i played with the G9x at a convention at the ASUS stand, and fell in love with it. Rubber feel, perfect weight, VERY cheap, good feel, not too clicky( but still ) corded, gold plated usb... i'm in love with this mouse, really ;)

oh and forgot to mention : first post here ! hope to stay in, and for a log time !
Welcome to DT, if you plan on posting in the mouse forum you'll probably see a lot of me.

Is the G9x really considered cheap? I mean, it's not up there with flagship mice like the Mamba and RAT 9, but it's an expensive mouse to anyone not into computer peripherals. Or at least used to be, price might have dropped a bit by now.
Great mouse, though, one of my favourites and I've got a friend who swears by it.

As a side note; I find it funny that you mention gold plated USB as a plus, as far as I know there is no evidence of this actually making a significant difference. If there is evidence supporting this I'd be interested in reading it.

Ishumprod

31 Jan 2013, 14:08

about gold_plated USB's, it's nothing much but hype.. so shiny :)
and for the price, i think the "normal" proces are around 100$, so a 45$ mouse is very cheap for me :)

EDIT : injust realsed that all this time i was talking about the GX900, and not g9x
Last edited by Ishumprod on 31 Jan 2013, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

vun

31 Jan 2013, 14:13

Ah, fair enough, atm the cheapest you can get a G9x for here in Norway is about $70. For $45 the G9x is an incredibly good deal.

Also, I think you got an extra zero in your post there.

Ishumprod

31 Jan 2013, 14:27

edited all this , and reinforce my post: Asus Gx900 is a pleasure to use, really.

vun

31 Jan 2013, 14:56

Aaah, in that case I don't really have much to say as I haven't even heard about the GX900 before. Judging by how it looks and the price I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to be a rebrand, but from what I've heard there's a lot of good stuff in the RoG line.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”