Buxton Collection: interesting collection of input devices

konz

28 Jun 2011, 12:57

Input Nirvana

29 Jun 2011, 23:17

Thanks for that post. Interesting.

I especially like the black Datahand with the blue keys. I wish mine had those colors!

webwit
Wild Duck

29 Jun 2011, 23:34

I've seen that black early DH200 with blue caps on ebay once, and asked Lynn from Datahand about it. She claimed the blue caps must be died or something, because they came with dark gray ones (like on the white one). Unless it's the same DH200 here, she was wrong ;) They were nicknamed the "Black Beauties". She also said she had some NIB of those.
Image5.jpg
Image5.jpg (274.85 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
Now from rare to rarer...
black.jpg
black.jpg (54.83 KiB) Viewed 3333 times

Input Nirvana

29 Jun 2011, 23:55

The bottom pic (black Datahand with white palm pads) has the "up" thumb keys...must be the last models made, Personal or Pro II?

I still want to follow through on your idea of a Datahand without the boxy cases...just the pad and keys. My Datahand is almost brand new, so I won't cannibalize it. Maybe a beater or those ancient models would work to experiment with.

I would like having black palm pads.
Last edited by Input Nirvana on 30 Jun 2011, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Jun 2011, 00:13

The bottom one is, I have been told, a prototype or showcase model for when they tried to acquire HP as a client for bigger distribution. The HP Datahand. It didn't happen.

Input Nirvana

30 Jun 2011, 00:33

Probably unrelated, but I read a blog that of a former employee of HP was given a company provided Datahand for his RSI.

Hmmm...showcase model, might as well make them all black rather than holding out that color for a partnetship that may never exist.

Maybe you're right and they have a couple thousand left, unassembled in the manufacturers warehouse in Mexico till the manufacturer gets paid.

Also, it seems to me that the tiny keys would Rit-Dye petty well.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

02 Jul 2011, 12:30

Prototype M13s

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Jul 2011, 13:01

Hey now.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”