Banned from Geehack

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:28

ripster wrote:Lol!
Whoops. One word responses are banned at Geekhack....

7bit

29 May 2012, 22:31

What does this mean:
"Date the ban will be lifted: Never"
:?

Now that you started to behave well, they banned you?

edit: Then it will be up to Soarer alone to remind me to send the replacements for Round 3.
:roll:

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:38

It means my ban will be lifted when GB4 ships.

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:40

Lol, Harrison is going to make up his 1000 lost posts in one thread! Calls me a spammer!

Let it go dude, I PM'd you, apologized publicly and your comments do not suit the new friendlier Geekhack.

And everyone here knows what a douche Stalker KL can be!
Last edited by ripster on 29 May 2012, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.

litster

29 May 2012, 22:41

ripster wrote:It means my ban will be lifted when GB4 ships.
I am sorry, but I LOL'ed. ;)

My condolences.

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:44

R.I.P. Ripster 2008-2012.

Like marriages the strong personalities Of me and iMav never clicked.

The weaker mean personalities all become Subforum moderators deleting my old posts.
Last edited by ripster on 29 May 2012, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

29 May 2012, 22:44

ripster wrote:It means my ban will be lifted when GB4 ships.
This may take a while ....
[=1%done=>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
^^^Round 4 and Ripster ban progression bar.

off

29 May 2012, 22:47

ripster wrote:
off wrote:So do you disagree with the contents of said mail?
Dude, I take my bans like a man.
Which ofcourse has nothing to do with agreeing. Disagreeing without throwing eggs is quite manly imho.

harrison

29 May 2012, 22:48

ripster wrote:Lol, Harrison is going to make up his 1000 lost posts in one thread! Calls me a spammer!

Let it go dude, I PM'd you, apologized publicly and your comments do not suit the new friendlier Geekhack.

i've moved on, but that's not to say i don't find humor in the whole situation... and i do find this humorous. i don't change my personality like i change shirts, i'll just go find something better to do if i'm not welcome or not fitting in (notice i've not been posting much recently).

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:48

This signals the end of an era.

I said I will miss him and now he calls me a douche at Deskthority.

I'm thinking I probably won't miss him too much after all.
Lol.

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:50

harrison wrote:
ripster wrote:Lol, Harrison is going to make up his 1000 lost posts in one thread! Calls me a spammer!

i've moved on, but that's not to say i don't find humor in the whole situation... and i do find this humorous. i don't change my personality like i change shirts, i'll just go find something better to do if i'm not welcome or not fitting in (notice i've not been posting much recently).

I hear ya!

Telling a joke or posting a babe pic at the Neue Geehack is a sure way of getting yelled at by the 23 babysitters.

harrison

29 May 2012, 22:51

ripster wrote:
This signals the end of an era.

I said I will miss him and now he calls me a douche at Deskthority.

I'm thinking I probably won't miss him too much after all.
Lol.
agreed. it's a little over the top...

and i don't think i referred to your posts as 'spam' but rather 'trail of ****' ;) afaik, spam isn't censored... yet.

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:53

Btw I wish TexasFlood didn't tattle on me to the head babysitter.

What a snitch!

He'd be a good moderator though.

Baaaaaaaaaaaa......

Baaaaaaaaaaaa......

net2522

29 May 2012, 22:55

harrison

29 May 2012, 22:55

ripster wrote:
harrison wrote:

I hear ya!

Telling a joke or posting a babe pic at the Neue Geehack is a sure way of getting yelled at by the 23 babysitters.
yeah, you've got to know i've still got a sense of humor under it all to still be around after all the crap, and not have become an ankle biter/tail chaser. i'll pick my battles, but i'd like to think i've got a pretty reasonable perspective on things at the end of the day. i've got kids at home and bills to pay, you know?

speaking of which... home time!

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:58

Damn, the Ripster subforum is nuked.

I had the latest updates to all my content there. that is like 90% of Geekhack content.

RC-1140

29 May 2012, 23:05

You have been banned? Ouch, didn't see that coming... Your posts weren't as offensive as they were some time ago, it was just hard to understand most of them, as they seemed pretty random.

Let's see if it really is permanent unlike the last times. What are you going to do with all your spare time now?
ripster wrote:Damn, the Ripster subforum is nuked.

I had the latest updates to all my content there. that is like 90% of Geekhack content.
That's pretty nasty for GH. Time for another rollback? :lol: :lol:

ripster

29 May 2012, 23:08

I had a hard time understanding some of my old posts too!

kL reports my subforum is still there but invisible to non registers users like the Wikis.

Ironic, I fucking wrote most of them.

P.S. Harrison, I won't miss you just as nobody missed your 1k posts.

But you fit right in at the Neue Geekhack. Reccomend you become a moderator.

TexasFlood

29 May 2012, 23:33

ripster wrote:Btw I wish TexasFlood didn't tattle on me to the head babysitter.
Your wish has been granted, as I did not do whatever you've imagined I did.
You did finally motivate me to create an account here though so thanks for that.

ripster

29 May 2012, 23:50

Welcome to Deskthority.net!

Excuse my paranoia. It comes from living under a Totalitarian Regime for the last two months.

My only regret is I will miss the all night Comrade Commisar GH Moderator party celebrating the Ripster Pogrom.

Speaking of which, if any of the GH Moderators know the final Ripster Ban vote please pm me here or email me (all 23 GH moderators have email and IP addresses - a bit concerning given the criminal records of some).

TexasFlood

29 May 2012, 23:57

Dr. dr. help me please, I know you’ll understand
There’s a time device inside of me, I’m a self-destructin’ man
There’s a red, under my bed
And there’s a little green man in my head
And he said, you’re not goin’ crazy, you’re just a bit sad
’cause there’s a man in ya, knawin’ ya, tearin’ ya into two.
Self-destroyer, wreck your health
Destroy friends, destroy yourself
Paranoia, the destroyer....

Wait, can I be banned for that? I just got here! (humming and head is rocking)

off

30 May 2012, 00:02

ripster wrote:kL reports my subforum is still there but invisible to non registers users like the Wikis.
Well that's good to know!
ripster wrote:P.S. Harrison, I won't miss you just as nobody missed your 1k posts.
Ey Image I recall reading (to me) valuable information posted by him, though what exactly escapes my mind (should be somewhere floating around my bookmarks though, waiting to not show me that post since apparently there's been another deletionspree..
ripster wrote:Welcome to Deskthority.net!
+1
ripster wrote:Excuse my paranoia. It comes from living under a Totalitarian Regime for the last two months.
No worries, that appears to be an upcoming worldwide trend.
ripster wrote:(all 23 GH moderators have email and IP addresses - a bit concerning given the criminal records of some).
[/quote] Yes, just like most criminals have registered names and adresses; doesn't have to mean they match.

ripster

30 May 2012, 00:11

I recall reading (to me) valuable information posted by him, though what exactly escapes my mind (should be somewhere floating around my bookmarks though, waiting to not show me that post since apparently there's been another deletionspree
Well, I'd ask iMav to remove all my posts including rolling back the wikis to Chloe days but being banned I can't.

Plus I always thought former Geekhackers that did that were being silly.

I prefer my Forum Drama Queen exit although the Director had alerted me BEFORE the curtain call. IMav has not responded to my PMs in over a month although he asked me to give feedback on the Neue Moderation Team by PM.

If GH was Intel I'd sue him for unlawful termination for not having a Corrective Action Plan. But THAT Would be silly, it's just a boring Keyboard forum which the moderators there seem to forget.
Last edited by ripster on 30 May 2012, 00:26, edited 1 time in total.

TexasFlood

30 May 2012, 00:23

Exile is better than the gulag that Trotsky's buddy Lenin sent folks to. Guess ignore this now since ripsters trotsky reference vanished, :D
Last edited by TexasFlood on 30 May 2012, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

30 May 2012, 00:24

23 moderators you say?

I should add a MODERATOR kit containing keys like:
DELETE POST, MOVE POST, DELETE THREAD, MOVE THREAD, MERGE THREAD,
SCRAP THREAD, BAN USER, UNBAN USER, REBAN USER, PUNISH USER, KILL USER and ROLL BACK.

These keys would fit fine on the function row of a regular keyboard.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 May 2012, 00:25

I'm gonna take the Freudian approach. As a child, you suffered a lack of affection and a strong father figure. So now, finally, you found a father figure in imav and your growth led you into puberty, causing you to rebel against his authority.

ripster

30 May 2012, 00:28

Correct!

And like irritating my dad I knew exactly what would tick him off. A security breech would most upset a security expert!

Or it could be penis envy for me dominating the forum.

Not sure. The email did not get into that.
Last edited by ripster on 30 May 2012, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

7bit

30 May 2012, 00:28

I'm gonna take the Freudian approach. As a child, you suffered a lack of affection and a strong father figure. So now, finally, you found a father figure in imav and your growth led you into puberty, causing you to rebel against his authority.

:lol:

edit: preparing layout graphic ...

ripster

30 May 2012, 00:31

Do the penis envy one.

Alas this is sent from brother Ripster's iPad.

Or I would do it....

webwit
Wild Duck

30 May 2012, 00:32

Penis envy? Say it ain't so.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”