Geekhack page backups.

04 Jul 2012, 03:39

Before discussing the topic at hand, I wish to introduce myself. I am 486. I was on geekhack for quite a while lurking and the joined early this year. Hello to webwit, sixty and other members of deskthority.

Around late 2010, I made a near full backup of Geekhack with all the pages and copied it to my hard drive. I since rediscovered it and was able to click on many links. Many pictures were unavailable but was able to find copies through the Wayback machine. The toolbar may appear and may connect through the internet. I have now got many full pages but they are not up to date.(most pages are from late 2010 or earlier but I have a few from 2011) If it is okay with imav or someone who can speak on his behalf and the people of deskthority here and certain members who contributed, I can give members who require integral information from geekhack's site.
Note that pictures and or links may not work and the pages are not up to date.
I may also not have the page you require but I will check.

mkawa

04 Jul 2012, 04:18

please pm me

04 Jul 2012, 06:22

PM'd

04 Jul 2012, 06:39

Oh and just in case of a semi related attack on deskthority, I am doing a backup of the website now.

ripster

04 Jul 2012, 06:53

2010 was a good year.

Webwit left.

After that the site went into the crapper.

Things will only get worse now....
Spoiler:
EDITED as thanks for Webwit turning back on Editing previous posts for me.
Last edited by ripster on 04 Jul 2012, 17:15, edited 4 times in total.

didja

04 Jul 2012, 07:12

I think DT is backed up quite well already. :duck:

04 Jul 2012, 07:17

I thought GH was backed up too but with hackers, who knows, with all the articles that are talking about GH here, rootworm could strike here next. I do not want peoples articles and time wasted because there is very valuble stuff here and on GH.

dorkvader

04 Jul 2012, 17:08

One can never have too many backups.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”