Group buys from Geekhack?

oneproduct

04 Jul 2012, 17:59

Oh. Good news after all. They called back again and it's done. They were in fact just getting the bill ready. :)
I'll pick them up tomorrow!

mkawa

04 Jul 2012, 18:00

and suddenly my day got just a bit brighter!!! :)

go go oneproduct! you didn't even have to yell at anyone!

oneproduct

04 Jul 2012, 18:02

Sometimes the Canadian way works, eh?

metafour

04 Jul 2012, 18:04

Great news!

mkawa

04 Jul 2012, 18:05

tbf the true american way would have involved guns ;) **

** JOKING

boost

04 Jul 2012, 18:17

All refunds sent for the Miami gb

jcrouse

04 Jul 2012, 18:19

Thanks for your efforts boost.

MagicMeatball

04 Jul 2012, 18:20

metafour wrote:
MagicMeatball wrote:
metafour wrote:
Did you at least get the rest of your CC&G keys?
Nope.
Well that sucks. Didn't you ask for them to be shipped anyway because you were okay with them? And despite him saying none would ship until the replacements were received he has shipped some to certain people?
I did in fact, ask him to ship them to me because I didn't care about the caps-lock. But again, he didn't bother to respond. He only sent them out to his select few close friends.

jcrouse

04 Jul 2012, 18:30

MagicMeatball wrote:He only sent them out to his select few close friends.
Well, in his defense, he had other shippments going to these people so he included the CC&G set. We would probably have done the same for people. FWIW, I was not one of these. But, the ironic part is, after receiving them, his supposed "friends" couldn't resist posting picture which has actually made it MUCH worse for Tsangan. As soon as the first perdson posted his pic, I knew it was a terrible idea and the person was in no way thinking of the seller. Gotta be careful who your friends are.

John

Elrobo

04 Jul 2012, 18:36

oneproduct wrote:Oh. Good news after all. They called back again and it's done. They were in fact just getting the bill ready. :)
I'll pick them up tomorrow!
Hooooray. I've been holding off bringing my poker to work until I've got my new keys and case for it, and it's killing me.

metafour

04 Jul 2012, 18:46

jcrouse wrote:
MagicMeatball wrote:He only sent them out to his select few close friends.
Well, in his defense, he had other shippments going to these people so he included the CC&G set. We would probably have done the same for people. FWIW, I was not one of these. But, the ironic part is, after receiving them, his supposed "friends" couldn't resist posting picture which has actually made it MUCH worse for Tsangan. As soon as the first perdson posted his pic, I knew it was a terrible idea and the person was in no way thinking of the seller. Gotta be careful who your friends are.

John
Considering his words in the original thread about not shipping any of it until the replacements were received it should have been an all or nothing deal. After the pictures were posted MM asked in the thread to have his shipped that's why I thought he may have received them since it was apparent that they were in fact going out at that point.

mkawa

04 Jul 2012, 18:57

he needed to give paypal some tracking numbers to get them to unlock his paypal account. please don't make this into a big issue, because it's not.

reaper

04 Jul 2012, 19:04

jcrouse wrote: FWIW, I was not one of these. But, the ironic part is, after receiving them, his supposed "friends" couldn't resist posting picture which has actually made it MUCH worse for Tsangan. As soon as the first perdson posted his pic, I knew it was a terrible idea and the person was in no way thinking of the seller. Gotta be careful who your friends are.
John
Oh trust me, we have thought of all these beforehand and I even asked him if it's ok to post some pics on the forum and he said it was ok. People are always gonna say whatever they wanna say regardless of the fact which they may or may not know. I've learned that a loooooong time ago. lol :lol:

GH1391401

04 Jul 2012, 19:31

To be fair, it seemed like anyone who got the CG&G early was either already getting something from him or was a close friend AND wouldn't care about the caps lock. If he had to do it for paypal reasons then that's all the more reason. The "neener neener" pics posted by people who got the set early were just inflammatory and didn't help the situation but I definitely don't think it reflects poorly on Tsangan. Remember "It's only plastic".

MagicMeatball

04 Jul 2012, 19:36

GH1391401 wrote:To be fair, it seemed like anyone who got the CG&G early was either already getting something from him or was a close friend AND wouldn't care about the caps lock. If he had to do it for paypal reasons then that's all the more reason. The "neener neener" pics posted by people who got the set early were just inflammatory and didn't help the situation but I definitely don't think it reflects poorly on Tsangan. Remember "It's only plastic".
I actually did send him a pm stating "I don't really care about the capslock issue, you can send me the set as-is". But I didn't get a response. I am not trying to make a big deal about it, but more communication (as displayed by many other GB coordinators) is appreciated.

mkawa

04 Jul 2012, 19:42

ok criticism noted MM, but please remember that tsangan had 2k locked up in pp and like 15 million people sending him emails 24/7

pasph

04 Jul 2012, 20:16

boost wrote:All refunds sent for the Miami gb
Thank you for all

tsangan

04 Jul 2012, 21:06

MagicMeatball wrote:
I actually did send him a pm stating "I don't really care about the capslock issue, you can send me the set as-is". But I didn't get a response. I am not trying to make a big deal about it, but more communication (as displayed by many other GB coordinators) is appreciated.
I posted that I wasn't shipping anything out till replacement came and do not bother to send me PM's

I already explained the people that DID get the caps were because I had something to ship to them already, if you wish to believe I am playing favourites I cannot stop you.

I don't know what other form of communication you would like? I tell you what's going on and you feel like being an exception to the rule I cannot help you with that.

Ragnorock

04 Jul 2012, 23:13

tsangan wrote:
MagicMeatball wrote:
I posted that I wasn't shipping anything out till replacement came and do not bother to send me PM's

I already explained the people that DID get the caps were because I had something to ship to them already, if you wish to believe I am playing favourites I cannot stop you.

I don't know what other form of communication you would like? I tell you what's going on and you feel like being an exception to the rule I cannot help you with that.
Hey so Tsangan, I was out of the loop but the word I got from Melissa at the time was that doing a center stemmed stepped caps was impossible. Also Tsangan is a great GB organizer and guy, so don't fault him.

tsangan

04 Jul 2012, 23:23

yeah the replacement is for bad legends we know we can't fix the centre stem business, we were talking about centre stem to the whole keycap and Melissa was talking about centre stem on the available space

Elrobo

04 Jul 2012, 23:24

I don't recall if it was posted in the old thread on GH, but Ragnorock was there any estimate from SP for when red alert keys would be in your hands?

Ragnorock

05 Jul 2012, 00:15

tsangan wrote:yeah the replacement is for bad legends we know we can't fix the centre stem business, we were talking about centre stem to the whole keycap and Melissa was talking about centre stem on the available space
Yeah, that's really unfortunate after we went through so much discussion and organization to get it in. It sucks, but at least I caught it before the order went in so we didn't have to deal with that headache twice.

demik

05 Jul 2012, 01:37

going to try and take a day off tomorrow so i can run my errands (which include shipping GH doubleshots). sorry for the delay.

MagicMeatball

05 Jul 2012, 01:41

tsangan wrote:
MagicMeatball wrote:

Did you bother to read my previous posts? I clearly explained, not to my benefit, but for the benefit of the people whom might have missed that information, to simply repeat it here for now since GH is down. The only thing I said was "go ahead and ship me the set, I don't need the fixed caps lock".

metafour

05 Jul 2012, 02:44

Elrobo wrote:I don't recall if it was posted in the old thread on GH, but Ragnorock was there any estimate from SP for when red alert keys would be in your hands?
On average it's about 4-5 weeks from when they receive the order and payment.

kriminal

05 Jul 2012, 02:59

sigh... cant contact that patrick dude for my pure -_-

MagicMeatball

05 Jul 2012, 03:13

kriminal wrote:sigh... cant contact that patrick dude for my pure -_-
If you are referring to p.s.:

Pu Shen
XXX@YYY.COM

[Edited by The Demongolator: Removed email address]

Ragnorock

05 Jul 2012, 03:26

metafour wrote:
Elrobo wrote:I don't recall if it was posted in the old thread on GH, but Ragnorock was there any estimate from SP for when red alert keys would be in your hands?
On average it's about 4-5 weeks from when they receive the order and payment.
July 31st is their ship date ETA to me. Maybe sooner, maybe later, but hopefully sooner.

mkawa

05 Jul 2012, 03:43

p.s. also goes by the same name on this forum and responds to pms

elton5354

05 Jul 2012, 04:09

Meeting up with oneproduct on friday to get my aluminum case from him. Maybe I'll bring my poker just so I can install it on spot and take some pictures for you all..haha

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”