More views on new members

hoggy

07 Jul 2012, 19:07

Editing Ripster's posts could be great fun, especially if you were only allowed to change one character. Perhaps the max post pace he's been given is punishment enough... Besides, he's quite capable of defending himself.

TexasFlood

07 Jul 2012, 19:24

ripster wrote:Lol. I'd DUCK that job if I were you.
Watch it, don't anger the wild ducks...
WildDuckArmed.jpg
WildDuckArmed.jpg (6.29 KiB) Viewed 2525 times

dsjbirch

07 Jul 2012, 19:49

kbdfr wrote:Do you always, just because you don't do it at home, refuse to wipe your feet when entering somebody else's house, and then insult them when they insist you do?
This, because the good (keyboard mods etc) discussion on GH is just a little harder to find (I do my shopping on GH) and DT just doesn't vibe like that. (Round 4 wiki - yes, round 4 orders, not so much...)

and keep smiling

(not a big fan of smileys).

ripster

07 Jul 2012, 19:55

I agree. GH is a great shopping forum. DT is a great keyboard forum. The wiki pros and cons of each are debatable. But talking about Wikis with iMav is what got me banned so say no more, say no more.

I will now confine myself to posting Multimeter Vcc results and pics.

For KEYBOARD SCIENCE!

dorkvader

07 Jul 2012, 20:44

I just wish we can get along better.
Last edited by dorkvader on 07 Jul 2012, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

TexasFlood

07 Jul 2012, 20:47

ripster wrote:I will now confine myself to posting Multimeter Vcc results and pics.
Making a note of this on my calendar for future reference... :lol:

GH1391401

07 Jul 2012, 23:06

That's a cool story bro. I guess at GH I was shielded from all of the "geekhate" on the interwebs although I do remember seeing your exhibitionist exit from GH to (I presume) DT. All this butt-hurt crybaby "us and them" bickering is a bit childish and silly. To be frank, I joined DT slightly before the untimely demise of GH and was interested in contributing here and on the wiki. I soon found out that I am not welcome here. That is OK, I didn't make a thread about it.

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/yay ... t3085.html
^ New member shit on by DTers, probably started off his Keyboard hobby and did the first logical thing - explore some keycaps.

We talk about human interface devices on the internet... I mean seriously...

AKIMbO

07 Jul 2012, 23:07

GH1391401 wrote:We talk about human interface devices on the internet... I mean seriously...
QFT.

4en

07 Jul 2012, 23:15

metafour wrote:You gotta love the guy whose only posts are about selling or trading his Clacks. Think he's on the road to making a few hundred dollars off them all at this point. EPIC WIN!
that clack thread... he profited about $600 lol...

fossala
Elite +1

07 Jul 2012, 23:17

GH1391401 wrote:I do remember seeing your exhibitionist exit from GH to (I presume) DT.
I was a mod at GH and I saw things going on in the forums and Mod sub forums that I really didn't like. I choose to quit but I didn't want people not to be able to get hold off me. Don't see how this was "exhibitionist".

I was also a DT member way before I left geekhack.

demik

08 Jul 2012, 00:02

fossala wrote:
GH1391401 wrote:I do remember seeing your exhibitionist exit from GH to (I presume) DT.
I was a mod at GH and I saw things going on in the forums and Mod sub forums that I really didn't like. I choose to quit but I didn't want people not to be able to get hold off me. Don't see how this was "exhibitionist".

I was also a DT member way before I left geekhack.
you don't see how it is?

you could have easily left. without making a huge thing about it.

you didn't delete your account, correct? so if people wanted to contact you they would have PMd you.. and last time i checked PM notifications are sent to your email.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”