Banned from Geehack

captain

25 May 2012, 00:26

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:
Soarer wrote:I don't mean to belittle any of these sentiments... but so serious, just from yet another overuse of the word Nazi...
Yeah..we should start enforcing Godwin's law

If you have to enforce it, it is not a LAW! ;-P

It's "should have" not "should of".

I find it bemusing that [strike]no one[/strike] few noticed the parallels between Nazi Germany and Modern USA, but this guy looks like he's thought it through. I just skimmed it, but hope to get back for a complete read:
http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/comparison.html

But what does any of this have to do with Banned From geekhack? Or was it "Band from geekhack"?! hehe
Or maybe Banned From Argo! :-D
edit: Why doesn't that taggification link the video in here?

Ah ha!
BbB
Last edited by captain on 02 Jun 2012, 07:07, edited 2 times in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

25 May 2012, 00:35

Offtopic. We're talking about Nazis, about geekhack moderators, and whether humor or the particular cognitive experiences to provoke laughter and provide amusement when related to nazism - the unique variety of fascism that incorporates biological racism and antisemitism, is disrespectful or to be allowed (see "Don't mention the war", Cleese, J. 1975), while discussing if offenders of Godwin's Law should be put against a wall.

ripster

25 May 2012, 00:42

Hey, I was trying to veer it to Dutch Nationalism and the fall of Deutschmark!

kint

25 May 2012, 00:51

7bit wrote: ... What happened on 20th July 1944 came too late and should have better been done way before the war. To few people where in the resistance and too many just followed the regime (out of fear or because they had privileges).Same shit in every dictatorship, BTW.
Sorry, it had been attempted many times before. Attempts under much more personal risk, suicidal attempts too. It's unclear how much tries there have been, but likely more than 30, beginning as early as 1933 (when Hitler became chancellor) Some sort of list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassinat ... olf_Hitler
fossala wrote: Not being rude to your great-grandfather, but if more people stood up it wouldn't of happend. Remember Hitler got voted in! He was responsable for his actions and the people he killed.
Hitler got engaged in politics in 1919. Became Leader of the NSDAP in 1921. In 1928 the NSDAP still had no more than a 3% share of the votes whilst the german communists had 3 times that share. Keep in Mind those were generally the days of radical parties, days of politics made on the streets in battles. SA vs red front, not only in Germany in other countries too.

great depression in 1929, 1 Unemployed per 2 employed in Germany.. In times of economical despair people tend to vote radical. Having the russian civil war in mind, people didn't like to vote communist, barely 15% of the votes. And a NSDAP promising economical prosperity in their programm. 20% in the next elections in 1930, 30% in 1932, and finally some 40% in 1933.
Chancellor in 1933. Reichstagsbrand in 1933, and the end of Democracy and begin of Dictatorship one day after.
Any similarities to the patriot act are unintentional. :roll:

RC-1140

25 May 2012, 01:13

The fact that the German army (in the time before Hitler, the Weimar Republic) defended the state against any antidemocratic movement from the left, but not against the right was very important as well, because many members of these were WW1 veterans who they knew. One of the many design flaws of the republic. Another huge problem was the constitution, which contained some big mistakes, which enabled the president (who isn't part of the government in Germany, the leader of the government is the chancellor) to "fire" the government and replace it with somebody he liked better for a few months. This lead to the so called "Präsidialkabinette". In the last government which was put in place by the president were two members of the NSDAP: Hitler and Göring. The rest of the government did underestimate them.

7bit

25 May 2012, 16:39

OT:

:o

ripster

25 May 2012, 17:28

Lol, OP IS banned.

http://geekhack.org/member.php?16866-MyNameIsFinn

I thought you were kidding.

What for?

Edit, nvm.

Found it.

Yeah, I closed it once I realised anyone posting in it could be banned.

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?3164 ... e-is-silly

ripster

25 May 2012, 17:31

Bump

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?3055 ... post599855

This coulda been it
MyNameIsFinn
Banned
Infractions ain't shit.

Come at me mods
As my wife says, "TONE, dear".

MyNameIsFinn

25 May 2012, 20:25

ripster wrote:Bump

This coulda been it
MyNameIsFinn
Banned
Infractions ain't shit.

Come at me mods
As my wife says, "TONE, dear".
So how ridiculous is it them banning me for that? Also im i NJ now, water tastes wierd.

ripster

25 May 2012, 21:15

The problem is not WHAT you said but WHERE you said it. iMav is that subforum moderator and probably got an email from the Post Report.

Here the mods are probably global and all knowingly perfect.

ripster

25 May 2012, 21:16

And stop with the bumping will ya!

MyNameIsFinn

25 May 2012, 21:58

BUMP

fossala
Elite +1

25 May 2012, 22:18

MyNameIsFinn wrote:BUMP
lol.

7bit

25 May 2012, 22:28

ripster wrote:Bump

This coulda been it
Bumping a thread after a month? This can't be a reason for a ban?

net2522

25 May 2012, 22:45

Bump! Bump!

Mrinterface

25 May 2012, 23:44

Stop the bloody bumping!

No.... wait.....

Izza
Lurker Prime

26 May 2012, 00:59

Mrinterface wrote:Stop the bloody bumping!

No.... wait.....

ripster

26 May 2012, 17:01

There are TWO Infractions resulting from the Post Title.

Please fix.
2. Thread titles. Use thread titles that indicate the subject of the thread, not generic titles such as "Need help". Moderators may change thread titles that have no specifics, usually by adding something more specific in parentheses.
9. Corrections. There is no need to point out another poster's spelling or grammatical errors unless you think it is causing confusion. Remember that not all members are native English speakers. Communication, not correctness, is our goal. When other people (especially new members) fail to search and start new threads on old topics, don't scold them or make them feel unwelcome. The best way to be helpful is by posting a link to a relevant thread or specific instructions for problem solving. Set a good example yourself by searching first before starting a thread if you have a question that may already have been answered in the forums or you want to discuss a topic that may already have been discussed.
Fuck foreigners.

MyNameIsFinn

27 May 2012, 19:43

Just got some cell service, leaving NJ, went to some BBQ place with homemade soda, shits good

webwit
Wild Duck

28 May 2012, 01:58

Infractions. Sounds like high school violations. Not in before the final bell. Not shutting up in class. Bad boy!

MyNameIsFinn

28 May 2012, 02:34

webwit wrote:Infractions. Sounds like high school violations. Not in before the final bell. Not shutting up in class. Bad boy!
Lol, im happy you have a website

ripster

28 May 2012, 08:05

I'm still infraction free.

How the fuck did that happen?

itlnstln

29 May 2012, 14:11

What a fucking disaster.

ripster

29 May 2012, 15:43

Yeah, I know.

At any other forum I would have 10 infractions by now.

ripster

29 May 2012, 21:36

Or TempBanned.

Oh wait.
Ripster Banned FOHEVAH.PNG
Ripster Banned FOHEVAH.PNG (135.4 KiB) Viewed 9298 times
So much for Ripster unconstructive feedback about the 23 member moderator team.

iMav said he'd be following DT for the reaction so watch your ****ing language.

P.S. Calling me "like Webwit" I found uncalled for!

off

29 May 2012, 22:00

ripster wrote:Ripster Banned FOHEVAH.PNG
"one small step for man, .."
Another iconic moment, bookmarking through this post.
RIPster@gh.

So do you disagree with the contents of said mail?

itlnstln

29 May 2012, 22:01

What a fucking disaster.

mintberryminuscrunch

29 May 2012, 22:19

Great. Now he will be here 24/7
:roll:

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:25

Lol!

ripster

29 May 2012, 22:27

off wrote:
ripster wrote:Ripster Banned FOHEVAH.PNG
"one small step for man, .."
Another iconic moment, bookmarking through this post.
RIPster@gh.

So do you disagree with the contents of said mail?
Dude, I take my bans like a man.

Ask iMav, he said he'd monitor this thread and is a member of Deskthority.net.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”