Group buys from Geekhack?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Jun 2012, 19:54

ekw808 wrote:I don't mind the occasional ripster post, but it is hard to sift through the 25+ replies to find only one or two responses relating to the topic. [...]
Edit: If you got beef with each other, fry it up, put it in a taco and EAT IT.
Then perhaps you can feel how we find permanent Geekhack stuff from ripster in non-Geekhack threads.
And if ripster got beef with Geekhack, he can fry it up or put it in Geekhack-only threads and whine there.

Sorry, though :oops:
Believe me in other threads I would really prefer reading only topical posts from ripster.

ekw808

29 Jun 2012, 20:12

No harm no foul, I'm just trying to set something up so people can follow up on their orders.

Waterdr1nker

29 Jun 2012, 21:13

It's not like I was ever getting anything from Vortex anyway. :mrgreen:

ripster

29 Jun 2012, 21:46

Took me less than a week to get my Vortex Pure.

Maybe it's me but GH group buys seem to take longer and longer to ship...

Ragnorock

30 Jun 2012, 00:44

Hey now, mine go pretty damn fast. We only had a 3 day delay in payment and it didn't really affect the ETA. Its kindof hard to collect ~$20k in a week. XD

That said, the order was submitted on Monday and their ETA (both portal and red alert) is on the 31st of July, so I'll be shipping them out early August. Just mentioning that again if people didn't see it before GH went down.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

30 Jun 2012, 01:06

ekw808 - what's the status on my aluminum squirrels? Shipping to you yet?

ekw808

30 Jun 2012, 03:23

I sent marc an email, I should get a reply sometime soon.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

30 Jun 2012, 03:42

Sounds good. And it's also a good thing that I don't join many GBs.

metafour

30 Jun 2012, 04:10

ekw808 wrote:I don't mind the occasional ripster post, but it is hard to sift through the 25+ replies to find only one or two responses relating to the topic. I'm am just psyched about the Race groupbuy that should have been shipped out either yesterday or two days ago as well as that custom poker case from oneproduct, these were also supposed to have been picked up or received yesterday or the day before I believe. Does anybody have anyway to contact oneproduct??

Edit: If you got beef with each other, fry it up, put it in a taco and EAT IT.
I emailed you about the aluminum cases from oneproduct yesterday. Did you not get it at your gmail address?

ekw808

30 Jun 2012, 04:41

I never received an email from you. But I did get in contact with oneproduct and he was not able to pick up the cases as they were not ready yet. =/
Last edited by ekw808 on 03 Jul 2012, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

ekw808

30 Jun 2012, 04:51

The_Ed wrote:Sounds good. And it's also a good thing that I don't join many GBs.
Sorry about the delay, most groupbuys have a pretty accurate deadline unless there are problems with the finished goods, but Vortex is just being difficult with their products.

Sifo

30 Jun 2012, 04:57

Yeah yo where's my alu case Vortex :(

metafour

30 Jun 2012, 05:12

ekw808 wrote:I never received an email from you, my email is ******@gmail.com. But I did get in contact with oneproduct and he was not able to pick up the cases as they were not ready yet. =/
Hmm, I sent it to the address I received a Paypal payment from a while back but it doesn't match this one. No worries since you got in touch with him. I would be calling them out on this. They have failed to meet deadlines numerous times now. It's really not that many cases so I don't understand why they are holding back on finishing the work. Regardless of the size of the order compared to what they may normally do they accepted the job and need to complete it in a timely fashion.

captain

30 Jun 2012, 05:18

I got my Ltd Ed Pure in what seemed like AMAZON SPEED from that dude with the two letter name and the co-conspirator at San Diego State. I ordered and paid for it one day, and it was in my hot little hands before I could even start to wonder when it might show up. Pretty much the same with Ragnorock's Red SP keycraps, and several others came through fairly quickly too. The first GH GB I went in on, iMav's Race from 2011-11, still hasn't arrived, and I don't have the link to the USPS tracking, despite having looked it up and posted it for him, since iMav's site went down. Does anyone have that, or any word about when our Race's will be shipped?

ekw808

30 Jun 2012, 05:24

metafour wrote:
ekw808 wrote:I never received an email from you, my email is ******@gmail.com. But I did get in contact with oneproduct and he was not able to pick up the cases as they were not ready yet. =/
Hmm, I sent it to the address I received a Paypal payment from a while back but it doesn't match this one. No worries since you got in touch with him. I would be calling them out on this. They have failed to meet deadlines numerous times now. It's really not that many cases so I don't understand why they are holding back on finishing the work. Regardless of the size of the order compared to what they may normally do they accepted the job and need to complete it in a timely fashion.
Yea, I don't know why there are so many hiccups, if I had known this would be a problem, I would have just ordered from treble, those cases came about a MONTH ago.

This is the link for the Race Group Buy: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 37973156TW

ChaoticKinesis

30 Jun 2012, 05:52

ekw808 wrote:I sent marc an email, I should get a reply sometime soon.
Is there any update regarding whether the aluminum skulls will be made available to those who ordered them?

mkawa

30 Jun 2012, 05:54

yah, this is a job that one person can finish in about a day or two i bet. at this point oneproduct is being a little too timid. the problem is that we're getting a sweetheart deal, and we're a little order in a sea of big orders with people shouting behind them.

anyway, they'll come when they come. unfortunately, we have bigger problems to deal at the moment :(

i3oilermaker

30 Jun 2012, 06:07

Here is a little billiards teaser:

ImageImageImage

elton5354

30 Jun 2012, 06:09

i3oilermaker wrote:Here is a little billiards teaser:

ImageImageImage

Nice!

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 06:14

Oh wait, I was in that one too!

BEFORE iMav BlackBalled me behind the 8ball.

I think I got a couple of 3 Reds too.

To go with my CST Trackballs obviously.

oneproduct

30 Jun 2012, 06:20

metafour wrote:
Yea, it's pretty shitty on their end to keep putting it off. Worse yet, they keep telling me that it will be ready on specific dates and then not actually having it ready. I've wasted days keeping myself available to pick them up, just waiting for their call. Then instead of calling me to let me know it won't actually be ready, they leave it to me to get back in contact with them again to badger them about it.

If it isn't actually done, I would prefer to just hear that and be told when it would actually be ready for instead of rushing out to you guys to tell you that it's almost ready only to have them take it back. It really sucks and I can't really do anything in retribution except to not work with them in the future.

I seriously can't understand what the hell they are doing that's stopping them from completing the finishing and anodizing, particularly since they already showed me some that went through finishing. I'm really sorry about how long this is taking guys, I'm just as frustrated as I'm sure some of you understandably are.

ekw808

30 Jun 2012, 06:23

ChaoticKinesis wrote:
ekw808 wrote:I sent marc an email, I should get a reply sometime soon.
Is there any update regarding whether the aluminum skulls will be made available to those who ordered them?
The skulls will not be made, and a refund will be issued in the next couple days.

boost

30 Jun 2012, 06:24

Well, I got a few emails about the Miami set. Don't worry, it is still going on. The only way it will get canceled if more ppl bail out on this.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 06:24

When push came to shove a retailer is more important than a hobbyist forum.

And I am very happy I got the Aluminum Pure.
Last edited by ripster on 30 Jun 2012, 06:39, edited 1 time in total.

Typhaeon

30 Jun 2012, 06:25

kbdfr wrote:
ripster wrote:You are getting off topic.
I will gladly consider that aspect when you stop geekhacking everything here at DT.
I'd tell you to stop threadshitting, but that and stalking Ripster appear to be your modi operandi.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 06:38

Typhaeon, Welcome to DT!

Typhaeon

30 Jun 2012, 06:39

I don't know why, but I definitely get a lemon Pine-Sol layered over bleach vibe from the overall design aesthetic here.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 06:40

Well, you should see Reddit!

ChaoticKinesis

30 Jun 2012, 06:57

ekw808 wrote:The skulls will not be made, and a refund will be issued in the next couple days.
Thanks for the update.

mkawa

30 Jun 2012, 07:42

oneproduct wrote:
metafour wrote:
Yea, it's pretty shitty on their end to keep putting it off. Worse yet, they keep telling me that it will be ready on specific dates and then not actually having it ready. I've wasted days keeping myself available to pick them up, just waiting for their call. Then instead of calling me to let me know it won't actually be ready, they leave it to me to get back in contact with them again to badger them about it.

If it isn't actually done, I would prefer to just hear that and be told when it would actually be ready for instead of rushing out to you guys to tell you that it's almost ready only to have them take it back. It really sucks and I can't really do anything in retribution except to not work with them in the future.

I seriously can't understand what the hell they are doing that's stopping them from completing the finishing and anodizing, particularly since they already showed me some that went through finishing. I'm really sorry about how long this is taking guys, I'm just as frustrated as I'm sure some of you understandably are.
no worries. we know you're trying your best. i suspect this is a squeaky wheel thing. we're the small job that keeps getting pushed back to squeeze bigger louder customers into the production schedule. otoh you could demand to take your materials back. otoh, they know you would pretty much be on your own if you did, so they feel free to marginalize you.

anyway, please try not to get too frustrated about it. they're just keyboards, and we'll survive regardless :)

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”