Hello GH refugees.

fossala
Elite +1

30 Jun 2012, 10:15

I see there has been a lot of sign ups in the last 48hrs. If you are using a different name on here to GH please post who you are. Hopefully your home will be back up and running soon and you can go back to ripping each other off over there.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 10:22

Jeez fossala, they are Geekhackers, not Haitiaans.

Anyway when they went from OCN to Geekhack most changed their names.

For example WAAR is Demik. NO WONDER the Reaper/Demik Geekhack moderators hate me so.
Last edited by ripster on 02 Jul 2012, 18:36, edited 2 times in total.

dirge

30 Jun 2012, 10:24

fossala I'm selling a box of 3 used rubberdome keyboards with worn lazered caps, £3000!

fossala
Elite +1

30 Jun 2012, 10:24

I left geekhack for quite well known reasons. I just don't want people to start using deskthority for the same greedy reasons.

fossala
Elite +1

30 Jun 2012, 10:26

dirge wrote:fossala I'm selling a box of 3 used rubberdome keyboards with worn lazered caps, £3000!
It isn't the high prices that pissed me off. It was people that sold things then withdrew the sale because they where offered more. It was people buying Ascaii's keycaps cheaply to sell at a profet ($100). It was people going on there just to rip off the community. It was people doing auctions that just explioted the community.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 10:27

Everyone is already pming me for ClickClacks.

Better get used to it.

dirge

30 Jun 2012, 11:13

I know what you mean bud.

The Ascaii reselling was taking the piss.

7bit

30 Jun 2012, 12:19

Does anybody of you refugees need food, keycaps or switches?

mickd

30 Jun 2012, 13:58

I'll take all three :)

off

30 Jun 2012, 15:37

ripster wrote:Jeez fossala, they are Geekhackers, not Americans.
FTFY.

Then again, most are..

dorkvader

30 Jun 2012, 15:53

fossala wrote:
dirge wrote:fossala I'm selling a box of 3 used rubberdome keyboards with worn lazered caps, £3000!
It isn't the high prices that pissed me off. It was people that sold things then withdrew the sale because they where offered more. It was people buying Ascaii's keycaps cheaply to sell at a profet ($100). It was people going on there just to rip off the community. It was people doing auctions that just explioted the community.
I just stay out of classifieds.

Anyway, I finally made an account here. I might be posting some until GH gets back up. As always, Pm me if you need anything.

What's with all the GH Moderator hate, Ripster?

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 16:01

Being banned AND my wikis stolen makes me a surly refugee.

Think Floridian Cubans and Castro. Wikis and Communist Property Appropriation For The Good Of The State.

I like to think of this whole R00TW0RM episode as Karma for Klueless Geekhack Moderators.

Anyway iMav hasn't unfriended me on Facebook.

Yet!

Last edited by ripster on 30 Jun 2012, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

nacho

30 Jun 2012, 16:13

Is it save here ? Or we should expect R00TW0RM to follow us ? I'm thinking more about the safety of DT natives.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 16:18

Well, in this case I think refugees and more importantly the DT Servers were inoculated at the border so you should be OK.

My clever ploy of praising R00TW0RM constantly is also helping I like to think.

mkawa

30 Jun 2012, 16:28

the group has only shown interest in our domain

boost

30 Jun 2012, 16:50

Maybe ripster hired r00tw0rm:?:

thegunner100

30 Jun 2012, 16:53

I think ripster IS r00tw0rm.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 16:55

Well, I already get blamed for all of Geekhack's problems so why not?

DanGWanG

30 Jun 2012, 19:02

fossala wrote:I see there has been a lot of sign ups in the last 48hrs. If you are using a different name on here to GH please post who you are. Hopefully your home will be back up and running soon and you can go back to ripping each other off over there.
I think we'll stay awhile :)

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 19:10

If boost tries to use a TapaTalk sig I'm reporting him to the proper authorities whom I trust will deal with the situation promptly and will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers!
Last edited by ripster on 30 Jun 2012, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

Sifo

30 Jun 2012, 19:11

DanGWanG wrote:
fossala wrote:I see there has been a lot of sign ups in the last 48hrs. If you are using a different name on here to GH please post who you are. Hopefully your home will be back up and running soon and you can go back to ripping each other off over there.
Yup. Too bad about your contest bro. And your forum, maybe you can empathize with Ripster now :lol:

TexasFlood

30 Jun 2012, 19:22

ripster wrote:If boost tries to use a TapaTalk sig I'm reporting him to the proper authorities whom I trust will deal with the situation promptly and will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers!
Cold-blooded, Ezekiel.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 19:23

Boost and I have a long history with Tapatalk at Geekhack. The moderator time would have been better spent backing up attachments. Forum Moderator 101 Job 1 is keeping the server up and the content secure.

Anyway, just keeping with the tone of the OP.
I see there has been a lot of sign ups in the last 48hrs. If you are using a different name on here to GH please post who you are. Hopefully your home will be back up and running soon and you can go back to ripping each other off over there.
And while you guys are here check out me Key Trade Thread:

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t3006.html
Last edited by ripster on 30 Jun 2012, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

DanGWanG

30 Jun 2012, 19:37

Sifo wrote:
DanGWanG wrote:
Yup. Too bad about your contest bro. And your forum, maybe you can empathize with Ripster now :lol:
It's OK, I've got every image saved so it will come back to fruition once GH is back up and running =) I just hope they don't take away my subforum!

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 19:38

Well......................technically you'd be violating DT's terms of service posting illegal shit.

Tell me you read this all before clicking RIGHT?
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “deskthority” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “deskthority” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “deskthority” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
iMav should have put that last clause in HIS Terms of Service.

Ragnorock

30 Jun 2012, 19:41

Well, it is legal in quite a few parts of Europe, just sayin. Not that I do any of that stuff, but I do support legalization because I think its rather stupid for it to be illegal.

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 19:42

DT server is in Texas. I don't see Texas legalizing any time soon.

DanGWanG

30 Jun 2012, 20:06

But I haven't posted anything on DT!

ripster

30 Jun 2012, 20:29

Just keeding mon. Irie. One luv. Rasta Blasta.

DanGWanG

30 Jun 2012, 21:23

Ever watched "How to make it in America?" Rasta monsta!!!!

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”