26 Jun 2015, 17:58

Down again...

Halvar

26 Jun 2015, 18:00

It's only called that by ripster.

wlhlm
~

26 Jun 2015, 18:01

I didn't even notice :oops: But even he stopped calling it like that....

andrewjoy

26 Jun 2015, 18:02

is it not called .

Oh my eyes the orange and back it burns them!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

26 Jun 2015, 18:04

must be down because they delete so many threads... :lol:

SL89

26 Jun 2015, 18:06

Isn't there a GH refugee camp on DT?

Muirium
µ

26 Jun 2015, 18:09

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f30/

Strange URL, but true. Don't know how it ended up categorised as marketplace. As if anyone ever tried making money on GH…

seebart

26 Jun 2015, 18:12

SL89 wrote: Isn't there a GH refugee camp on DT?
I thought all of DT was a refugee camp for those poor people. :evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

26 Jun 2015, 18:14

What about us DT natives? Can we blame everything on the "immigants" yet? They're all on the dole, are stealing our womenfolk and don't even cheer on the right team at cricket. Boo!

seebart

26 Jun 2015, 18:28

Nah you can't blame them...as long as they don't come for your keyboards! Or bombard you with shitty cherry RGB like stuff.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

26 Jun 2015, 18:32

seebart wrote: Nah you can't blame them...as long as they don't come for your keyboards! Or bombard you with shitty cherry RGB like stuff.
Unless the keyboards are some rare Korean hard to get expensive and unprogrammable we don't have anything to fear :lol:
Ah, I forgot artisan caps :lol: hide your Clack's :evilgeek:

seebart

26 Jun 2015, 18:36

That's right watch out for the Korean clack masters.

wlhlm
~

26 Jun 2015, 18:40

Tell me about beamsprings... :evilgeek:

pwnnarwhal

26 Jun 2015, 18:41

mkawa has been doing maintenance lately, so this just might be maintenance.

DanielT

26 Jun 2015, 18:44

In the past the Romanians had the bad habit of burning the crops, killing the cattles and poisoning the water when some other country threatened to attack :lol: Forgot about hiding in the mountains :lol:

wlhlm
~

26 Jun 2015, 18:45

pwnnarwhal wrote: mkawa has been doing maintenance lately, so this just might be maintenance.
Yeah. Though, I would like to see an announcement for these occasions, just like webwit does.

SL89

26 Jun 2015, 18:46

seebart wrote: Nah you can't blame them...as long as they don't come for your keyboards! Or bombard you with shitty cherry RGB like stuff.
The latter event has already been happening. :roll:
wlhlm wrote: Tell me about beamsprings... :evilgeek:
Probably exactly this. I'm sure its long overdue. GH has a lot of boards and sub boards.

Muirium
µ

26 Jun 2015, 18:54

Beamsprings brought down GH? They didn't realise how dangerous it is stockpiling them in the server room?

wlhlm
~

26 Jun 2015, 18:57

Haha, no. I want to know the difference between "rare Korean hard to get expensive and unprogrammable" and Beamspring keyboards.
Last edited by wlhlm on 26 Jun 2015, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Jun 2015, 19:02

No! Not the brocaps!

DanielT

26 Jun 2015, 19:15

Maybe is the multiple quoting system that brought down the server, that king of stuff is far from healthy :lol:

scottc

26 Jun 2015, 19:51

wlhlm wrote:
pwnnarwhal wrote: mkawa has been doing maintenance lately, so this just might be maintenance.
Yeah. Though, I would like to see an announcement for these occasions, just like webwit does.
Just like every reasonable sysadmin does. It's probably just incompetence in this case.

photekq
Cherry Picker

26 Jun 2015, 19:52

seebart wrote: I thought all of DT was a refugee camp for those poor people. :evilgeek:
Don't say that. I don't want GHers coming here and ruining the last good keyboard forum.

Seriously, GH is about 95% cancer. It's gone up from about 50% in the space of just a few months!

webwit
Wild Duck

26 Jun 2015, 19:57

What happened?

Muirium
µ

26 Jun 2015, 20:14

Good question. And I don't hang out there so I don't know. But I'm guessing it's hard to prove a trend with just hearsay and a few links.

SL89

26 Jun 2015, 20:48

It's an inevitable leakage from reddit, first stop is GH, second is DT. /r/MK is at 77000 subs after all.

@Mu told ya

Muirium
µ

26 Jun 2015, 20:56

I'm not worried. I think we have the outspoken culture here to handle newcomers, without getting all GH and tying ourselves up in sleazy rules and privileges.

More to the point, though: I haven't seen an unusual uptick in new people showing up here anyway. It's never been entirely stagnant. And we had a lot worse battles in the Marketplace a couple of years ago… hello Monedas!

photekq
Cherry Picker

26 Jun 2015, 21:28

It's not reddit. Sure, some noobs come from there, but most of the time they either learn quickly and become contributing members or don't stick around for long. A good example would be wlhlm here ;)

I think it's a combination of a lot of things, with one of the big ones being novelty keycaps and the drama/idiocy that surrounds them.

SL89

26 Jun 2015, 21:34

I'm from reddit, and I'm nothing more then a nuisance. :P

And I know Murium, I was joking lol. I am still assuaged. ;)

I agree the 'artisan cap' circlejerk is rather unbearable.

Edit: doesn't Monedas mean money?

wlhlm
~

26 Jun 2015, 21:40

I enjoy the Europe-centric crowd. :P

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”