I would like to create this page, with columns for the
Part Number,
FRU,
Connector,
switch type,
the computer or terminal it was intended for,
Model F, M, Beamspring,
Number of keys

I don't know the markup language used. Could I please ask someone to create the page, and I will populate it? I think it could be helpful to many people.

Many thanks in advance!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

22 Jun 2016, 00:19

wiki/IBM_Part_Numbers

To add data, log in at the very top right with your DT pass on this page, hit the "edit" tab and add the data where it now says "Example" text. When you are ready to save hit "save page" button at the bottom, you can also preview before you save.
If you want I'll add the data for all of us.

elecplus

22 Jun 2016, 00:32

Thank you!

One quick question, can the PN be sorted after they are entered? Or do I have to know them all in advance, and input them in order?
If it is the latter, this will take quite a lot of preparation!

Edit: Forgot one column, language (English, Arabic, etc.)

seebart

22 Jun 2016, 00:35

It's just a template, there is no magic automatic sorting function. It can be changed any old way at any time though. Just add bit by bit.

elecplus

22 Jun 2016, 00:45

If I want to link to an external page, how do I do that? For instance, I have added the 1390475, and there is a link to it here http://www.zwettler.net/en/keyboards/ar ... 70475.html Is it necessary to ask the owner of the other site first?

snuci
Vintage computer guy

22 Jun 2016, 03:59

No need to ask the owner to link to them (although it is common courtesy but I don't think people do that much anymore). Fill in the links as you like. I also edited the one "Wiki" reference you made so that it links to the actual portion of the appropriate wiki page, as an example.

elecplus

22 Jun 2016, 04:17

Daniel Beardsmore did that one, not me :-) Thanks for all the help!

seebart

22 Jun 2016, 10:43

That link is our HAL. 8-) I'll voluneer to add data if you PM it to me BTW.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”