New entry on the Wiki Page - How?

flurry

08 Apr 2013, 19:13

Hello.

I've just subscribed to this forum and found odd that there are NO Cooler Master mechanical keyboards to be found in any category. Not even one.

Because of this, I tried to add a new entry for a keyboard, and wasted several minutes trying to find a single link that allows me to add a new entry. All the links I found until now are only useful for editing an existing entry, not adding a new one.

Please help in adding this contribuition to the wiki. Thank you.-

Daniel Beardsmore

08 Apr 2013, 19:33

Easiest way is to search for the page name you're after; if it's not found, you will see 'Create the page "…" on this wiki!' above the search results. Click the redlink to start creating the page.

You can also fill in pages by clicking existing redlinks. For example, if you search for CoolerMaster, the site suggests [wiki]Costar[/wiki], which has a redlink to "CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid". You can click this link to start editing that page directly, then create new redlinks from there, e.g. one to [[CoolerMaster]], one to [[Category:CoolerMaster keyboards]] (note that the list of categories does not appear in preview!!! Extremely annoying and stupid.)

Findecanor

09 Apr 2013, 00:02

Oh, the editing pages are a bit inconsistent and confusing.
The categories can appear in a preview, but only if you click the "Show preview" button. Then they will be shown below the text edit field. The categories are not show if you click on the "Preview" tab....

Daniel Beardsmore

09 Apr 2013, 00:08

Right, so Show Preview puts them way down where you wouldn't see them even if you were looking for them …

Findecanor

09 Apr 2013, 00:14

Precisely.. :-P

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”