The Realforce 104 Euro Tour Reboot!

This is where the older threads are stored for the try before you buy ( sinklist ) items
Mrinterface

16 May 2013, 23:17

I also added some goodies in the surprise bag which is packed inside the Topre Shipping Box.

Topre Enthusiast

16 May 2013, 23:18

Thanks Mrinterface :). PM me regarding postage btw!

Mrinterface

16 May 2013, 23:23

002 wrote:Thanks Mrinterface :). PM me regarding postage btw!
Nah, on the house.

Glad to support your spin-off project :-)

Neal

17 May 2013, 12:54

I have it currently, its a lot of getting used to that's for sure. I will post my thoughts in about a week when I send it off to the next.

Do I just PM Bone for his address, or someone else?

Topre Enthusiast

17 May 2013, 13:08

@Mrinterface: Thanks - much obliged!
@Neal: Yup, just drop bone a PM a couple days before your turn is up.

Neal

18 May 2013, 13:36

Question, what profile do these keys have? Is it something that only Topre has? I only know OEM and DCS, and Cherry but have never tried.

Topre Enthusiast

19 May 2013, 00:20

They should be the same as Cherry, or very close at least.
From Top To Bottom. IBM Model F/AT/Unicomp. Topre. Cherry Corp. Filco.

Taken from here: http://web.archive.org/web/201011171929 ... urers+keys

Batmann

19 May 2013, 13:04

Muirium wrote:As for the route, a shortest tour algorithm should do the trick. I'm not impressed with what I've found for that online so far, but here's the ever-clunky Wolfram Alpha:
MSP8141if463d635ef7521000053eggii58h4a6hf0.gif
I just guessed some random cities in our various nations for the input. Obviously, the real locations could make matters quite different. Also, I couldn't wrangle Wolfram into a closed tour: same start and end, as we want here.

But, anyways, whatever reaches Edinburgh!

Nice map Muirium, I can even see my house! :)

Neal

22 May 2013, 21:07

The keyboard should leave my house tomorrow, and head off to bone in Germany!
Mini-review later. :)

Muirium
µ

01 Jun 2013, 15:33

So, where are we at now?

cookie

03 Jun 2013, 16:14

Jea I am interested as well, there is a really nice HHKBP2 I am really tempting to buy it! But without knowing how topres feel like I wouldn't jump into the deal :/

bone

03 Jun 2013, 17:58

Unfortunately the parcel service screwed up my address :evil:

Neal is trying to solve the issue, so they are not sending the parcel back to the Netherlands.

I will give an update as soon as there is any new information.

Muirium
µ

03 Jun 2013, 18:05

The Realforce is on a diplomatic mission! It has no place being detained by border guards. They shall hear from our ambassadors!

(Thanks for the update.)

Batmann

03 Jun 2013, 23:33

^ true that!

Topre Enthusiast

04 Jun 2013, 09:34

bone wrote: Neal is trying to solve the issue, so they are not sending the parcel back to the Netherlands.
I'm not sure that I understand what is meant here. Is Neal trying to get the parcel company to forward it on to Germany or is he trying to get it sent back to The Netherlands but they are refusing to send it back?

bone

04 Jun 2013, 11:33

Sorry if I was not 100% clear.

So the current situation is like this:
- Neal has send the parcel to me
- The parcel service has screwed up my address (they lost/removed/forget a part of my address)
- At the moment the parcel is sitting in some parcel depot in germany, or on the way back to the Netherlands
- Neal is tries to update the address so they do not send the parcel back to him
- As a fallback he will send the parcel again to germany when he gets it back, but this time with a other parcel service

Topre Enthusiast

04 Jun 2013, 11:35

Ok cool - thanks bone :)
@cookie shall I add you to the list?

ne0phyte
Toast.

04 Jun 2013, 11:40

002: He is on the list already :lol:

Topre Enthusiast

04 Jun 2013, 11:42

fuck I'm an idiot

cookie

04 Jun 2013, 11:52

NONO Add me twice, it's okay! That means I will try that beauty out for a whole week, then send it directly to myself and try it another Week! 2 Weeks trying a realforce = profit :D

I am sooooo curious how they feel :D

gruener_Salat

04 Jun 2013, 18:35

That means I will try that beauty out for a whole week, then send it directly to myself and try it another Week! 2 Weeks trying a realforce = profit :D
+ twice the joy

Neal

04 Jun 2013, 23:17

bone wrote:Sorry if I was not 100% clear.

- The parcel service has screwed up my address (they lost/removed/forget a part of my address)
- At the moment the parcel is sitting in some parcel depot in germany, or on the way back to the Netherlands
- Neal is tries to update the address so they do not send the parcel back to him
- As a fallback he will send the parcel again to germany when he gets it back, but this time with a other parcel service
This is Correct, I'm terribly sorry that this happend.

I used the parcel service called PostNL and had them pick up the package from my home, they were in charge of printing the shipping label. I only had to fill in the address and other details, I did this with the exact information bone told me and figured everything would be ok.

Wrong, a few days after PostNL picked up the package from my home I get a message from bone saying that they could not deliver it because the address didn't list his company name (as it was to be delivered to his work address).
I was confused, as I did enter this on PostNL's form. I checked on my online account and yep address is correct in my recent shippings, however its incorrect on the public tracking number. so I can only assume that somehow PostNL has messed up the label.
I proceed to contact their customer support and they can only tell me that the package is in the hands of a German parcel service and that they will try to deliver again, if that fails they will send it back to me.
I'm quite mad at this point and PostNL and me exchange a few more emails, they're completely unhelpful and sometimes I even doubt they read what I say.

Anyway, if the package does end up back on my doorstep I will send it off again the next day. But this time using a different parcel service. That one being dpd.

Sorry for all this, its out of my control but I still feel responsible. I think the lesson that I've learned from this is:
Always write your own shipping labels, because someone else might make an error.

Topre Enthusiast

05 Jun 2013, 00:18

Thanks Neal - it's not your fault. I'd actually feel bad for you if they send it back and you have to pay postage twice, although technically I would hope that PostNL should refund you seeing as it was their fuckup - but if PostNL is anything like AusPost, I doubt that will happen.

Anyway if this is the only hiccup we have during the tour, I'd be happy :)

cookie

05 Jun 2013, 00:39

domin8r

06 Jun 2013, 09:40

Neal wrote:
bone wrote:Sorry if I was not 100% clear.

This is Correct, I'm terribly sorry that this happend.

I used the parcel service called PostNL and had them pick up the package from my home, they were in charge of printing the shipping label. I only had to fill in the address and other details, I did this with the exact information bone told me and figured everything would be ok.

Wrong, a few days after PostNL picked up the package from my home I get a message from bone saying that they could not deliver it because the address didn't list his company name (as it was to be delivered to his work address).
I was confused, as I did enter this on PostNL's form. I checked on my online account and yep address is correct in my recent shippings, however its incorrect on the public tracking number. so I can only assume that somehow PostNL has messed up the label.
I proceed to contact their customer support and they can only tell me that the package is in the hands of a German parcel service and that they will try to deliver again, if that fails they will send it back to me.
I'm quite mad at this point and PostNL and me exchange a few more emails, they're completely unhelpful and sometimes I even doubt they read what I say.

Anyway, if the package does end up back on my doorstep I will send it off again the next day. But this time using a different parcel service. That one being dpd.

Sorry for all this, its out of my control but I still feel responsible. I think the lesson that I've learned from this is:
Always write your own shipping labels, because someone else might make an error.
From experience I can tell you that PostNL are uncooperative idiots.. :(

cookie

12 Jun 2013, 10:20

All good now with the board?
I am wondering if the parcel service managed to send the package another time?

Neal

14 Jun 2013, 11:05

I'm waiting in my frustration for them to send it back to me. *sigh*

cookie

14 Jun 2013, 15:38

Awww shit :/
Man sorry for you, maybe they will not charge money for the next send, because the fault was not on your side.

Muirium
µ

14 Jun 2013, 15:42

cookie wrote:Awww shit :/
Man sorry for you, maybe they will not charge money for the next send, because the fault was not on your side.
You can always hope, I suppose. But shitty companies act shitty. It's right there in the culture.

Should we compile a blacklist of couriers to avoid? They won't notice if our keyboards stop turning up in their system any more, but we will notice when we avoid egregious nonsense like this.

photekq
Cherry Picker

14 Jun 2013, 19:21

dpd, dhl, tnt and citylink are by far the best couriers out there.

Return to “Sinklist Archive”