Cherry MX Silent?

mtl

12 Aug 2015, 18:58

Bram, any plans for a MX Clear variant? I'd love dampened blue/green/white switches but it doesn't look like their current design would support it.

zslane

13 Aug 2015, 00:34

Maybe Cherry needs to start making Hall effect switches...

Muirium
µ

13 Aug 2015, 01:30

Be pleased they're even bothering with this. They came close to dumping keyswitch manufacturing entirely, and might yet if the clones eat their lunch.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

13 Aug 2015, 09:46

Most of those questions I cannot answer as I dont have that switch on hand myself.. That you could better ask to our Corsair directly .. :)

But what I can say is that for now we dont have any plans with this switch(es), or should we consider it :mrgreen: ? That would be an interesting conversation for us :)

zslane

13 Aug 2015, 23:24

I'd rather see a full ANSI version of the NovaTouch with up-stroke dampening on those hybrid Topres; wouldn't need the MX Silents then...

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

14 Aug 2015, 16:09

Hehe good to hear :P

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

15 Aug 2015, 17:11

CM Bram wrote: Hehe good to hear :P
Make a tkl with beamspring switches :P

Muirium
µ

15 Aug 2015, 18:06

Would you like a 12 inch pianist to go along with that?

cookie

20 Aug 2015, 13:43

The results in the video are unfortunately not that impressive :/

Oobly

21 Aug 2015, 08:58

I think they've gone good route with these. I'm more interested to see if they'd bring out damped Clear sliders, though. I've been doing something that approximates this with all my Clear switches for a while now. I add a piece of rubber in the stem tube for bottom-out damping (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50632.0) and apply some liquid latex to the underside of the switch top where the slider hits the casing for release damping (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50 ... msg1113167).

It's nice and really adds something to the feeling and sound of the switches, but I'd love to have switches that I don't need to modify to get to that state :)

Not interested in Linears, though.

Return to “News”