Stuff you just bought

gogusrl

14 Nov 2016, 22:50

It's here and it's awesome. I'd have loved some gen1 gateron yellows on it but I'll have to settle with gateron blacks for now.

emdude
Model M Apologist

15 Nov 2016, 03:03

Been sorting out old electronics for recycling at work (university IT department) and after mentioning offhand that I had an interest in vintage keyboards to my supervisor, he brought out a pile of old keyboards with the other electronics and let me take home whatever I wanted.

So I am now the owner of two Dell AT101Ws; nice to finally try SKCM Black switches.

chzel

15 Nov 2016, 09:20

Got a Greek model M, a Greek tactile space invaders, and bought a house (technically not yet, but an agreement was reached and hands were shaken)!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

15 Nov 2016, 09:29

chzel wrote: ...and bought a house!
:o Will it fit all your keyboards? :maverick:

chzel

15 Nov 2016, 10:02

I certainly hope so!

Rimrul

15 Nov 2016, 17:26

Bought is the wrong word, but I just aquired a G80-1800HPMDE that's gonna get a little makeover.

Khers

15 Nov 2016, 18:15

chzel wrote: Got a Greek model M, a Greek tactile space invaders, and bought a house (technically not yet, but an agreement was reached and hands were shaken)!
A house! Nice! But, where are the pics!?

Scarpia

16 Nov 2016, 11:52

Blue Alps board (my first), $30 plus shipping.
Spoiler:
Boom! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

andrewjoy

16 Nov 2016, 12:22

Stuff for work but at least i get to play with them

https://www.icronshop.com/icron-brand/icron-ranger-2304
http://www.kramerav.com/Product/VP-81SIDN#Tab_Overview
http://www.kramerav.com/product/SID-H
http://www.kramerav.com/Product/SID-VGA

If you want stuff to work every time, have to buy the expensive stuff

Loads of other stuff for the rack, but you guys want to know about the keyboard i am sure :)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cherry-G80-119 ... =G80-11900

Not amazing i know.

Does anyone know if cherry still do the rack mount version ?

alh84001
v.001

16 Nov 2016, 13:00

Scarpia wrote: Blue Alps board (my first), $30 plus shipping.
Long live ebay kleinanzeigen :)

Scarpia

16 Nov 2016, 14:29

I knew I couldn't be the only one shooting for that one, but I'm fairly sure I was the first to contact the seller.

alh84001
v.001

16 Nov 2016, 14:48

I actually didn't shoot for it, but one other member here did and pointed it out to me. That's some serious ebay-fu :)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

19 Nov 2016, 00:44

I bought some uv(-like) leds for my planck.

Scarpia

23 Nov 2016, 22:09

It arrived. And they are NOT scratchy! In fact, with the build quality and heavy metal backplate of this thing, it feels and sounds amazing.
Too bad I can't use the layout, or this would stay in one piece. As it sits though, it is a phenomenal source of smooth Alps SKCM Blues. Good times.

A few potato pictures for good measure:

More pictures here

andrewjoy

24 Nov 2016, 00:38

What the , a control cap up the top right ? What the fuck where they thinking ?

Scarpia

24 Nov 2016, 14:28

Another Alps Blue SKCM board popped up locally and I snagged it - after a bit of back and forth and a little generosity on the seller's part - for a whopping $57 shipped :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
I really don't have any use for all these blue Alps, but sometimes when you spot a good deal, greed can get the better of you. These will be up for trade soon.

seebart

24 Nov 2016, 14:30

Quite impressive, especially the layout. :o :shock:

alh84001
v.001

24 Nov 2016, 14:32

Haha. when it rains, it pours :)

Nuum

24 Nov 2016, 14:38

Scarpia wrote: It arrived. And they are NOT scratchy! In fact, with the build quality and heavy metal backplate of this thing, it feels and sounds amazing.
Too bad I can't use the layout, or this would stay in one piece. As it sits though, it is a phenomenal source of smooth Alps SKCM Blues. Good times.

A few potato pictures for good measure:
Spoiler:

More pictures here
That one looks exactly like the one I sold to hypkx, but mine had Green Alps and was in worse condition. I can't remember whether mine had a sticker with Datacomp as manufacturer, though.

Ir0n

24 Nov 2016, 15:11

I got one of those gray cases from unicomp plus some neat medical caps and threw them all together.. It looks...funny.

alh84001
v.001

24 Nov 2016, 15:16

Ah, the infamous Fick keycap set :). And I didn't notice it before, but that "Action" keycap looks kinda cool.

To go full fast&furious, you should change LEDs to yellow as well, to match those numpad keycaps.

Scarpia

24 Nov 2016, 16:45

seebart wrote: Quite impressive, especially the layout. :o :shock:
You like that layout? Pony up a few euros or a nice trade (before I tear it apart) and it's yours ;)

Not being german the board is of little use to me, but the location of the Control key is noms, and I imagine a lot of HHKB fans would appreciate the 1u backspace. On the whole though, I am not a huge fan of the BAE, "inkblot style" arrow legends or the what-the-heck-are-you-doing-way-over-there Escape key.

Also, note that it has no homing bumps or bars.

It does however have really nice and (apart from a handful of keys) smooth blue Alps, and I *did* buy it just to flip those. Normally I'm not this cold hearted, but blue Alps are an exception because the market is so skewed. Also, the other blue Alps board I just bought *does* have a layout I can use, so I'm happy to let this one go.

Scarpia

24 Nov 2016, 17:01

Nuum wrote: That one looks exactly like the one I sold to hypkx, but mine had Green Alps and was in worse condition. I can't remember whether mine had a sticker with Datacomp as manufacturer, though.
I'd be curious to find out what model number it was - @hypkx can maybe shed some light on that? The Wiki currently doesn't have a page for the Datacomp DFK515 at all, so if yours was also a 515AT then we should probably get that in there.

The only sources I had for this board were a thread on /r/MechanicalKeyboards and another on GH, the former insisting that it had to be SKCM blues and the latter debating what kind of Alps it might have. Not exactly authoritative info :? so it would be nice if we had a Wiki entry.

seebart

24 Nov 2016, 18:31

Ir0n wrote: I got one of those gray cases from unicomp plus some neat medical caps and threw them all together.. It looks...funny.
Fick CO
Which basically means f**k the CO in german. :mrgreen: For that alone it's a classic, but honestly I like that super yellow on the indy case. Best looking M here in a while. Yes "Action" is cool, but it's also got "Rad" and "Meds".

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

24 Nov 2016, 18:39

Scarpia wrote:
Nuum wrote: That one looks exactly like the one I sold to hypkx, but mine had Green Alps and was in worse condition. I can't remember whether mine had a sticker with Datacomp as manufacturer, though.
I'd be curious to find out what model number it was - @hypkx can maybe shed some light on that? The Wiki currently doesn't have a page for the Datacomp DFK515 at all, so if yours was also a 515AT then we should probably get that in there.

The only sources I had for this board were a thread on /r/MechanicalKeyboards and another on GH, the former insisting that it had to be SKCM blues and the latter debating what kind of Alps it might have. Not exactly authoritative info :? so it would be nice if we had a Wiki entry.
I made a post in the pictures section.
Sneak peak on my last buy and next project, thanks seebart:

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

28 Nov 2016, 12:02

Got today my new model F, looks like not often used and I never saw such a clean foam on a model F.
IMG_20161128_120118.jpg
IMG_20161128_120118.jpg (3.23 MiB) Viewed 5094 times
IMG_20161128_120106.jpg
IMG_20161128_120106.jpg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 5090 times

seebart

28 Nov 2016, 12:06

That foam looks like new...nice! :o :shock:

alh84001
v.001

28 Nov 2016, 12:27

The plate looks nice as well. Foam in mine was preserved as well as in yours, but plate had a bit of rust. Enjoy the solenoid :)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

28 Nov 2016, 12:34

I will use the keyboard with a solenoid driver (from the upcoming gb) and a xwhatsit. I hoped the whole time after reading that the solenoids get often stolen out of the keyboard that it have still his solenoid. I am really happy with the purchase.

lancre

28 Nov 2016, 22:59

This is on the way from eBay. An NMB RT8255C+ in (what looks like) excellent condition. I paid too much for it, but I just have a feeling that with the good interest in the community at the moment, these sorts of things might become more sought-after in the next few years. Not that I'm thinking of selling it - I have a feeling I'll like clicky space invaders.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (251.85 KiB) Viewed 5029 times

Return to “News”