I am honored to be able to tell you that Professor Eiiti Wada, "Japan's first hacker" and creator of the HHKB has agreed to do a community wide interview!
Question Poll here:
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/What-woul ... f-the-HHKB
It is a huge privilege to be able to talk to Professor Eiiti Wada, and all I'd ask is that the conversation stay respectful and relevant.
So please just ask what questions you may have here
Due to the fact that I do not want anyone to have to sign up for Massdrop to read the poll questions I will try to update them here for you as well. When the interview is finished I will try to ask a few extra DT posed questions and email Muirium and allow him to post the full thing here for you all to read as a way to try to respect DT as a forum.
Current Qustions (will update as needed):
- 1. What is the role of the Macintosh keyboard as the HHKB's inspiration
2. What is the best position and format for an arrow cluster on a secondary layer?
3. What were features on keyboards that existed at the time you created the HHKB that you disliked, thus driving you to create your own keyboard?
4. What do you think of the communities attempts at 60% keyboards (will include album), especially with the emphasis that many have on features founded by the HHKB?
5. Are you still using an HHKB today? If so what variant?
6. Who's idea was it to use Topre switches in the HHKB, seeing as the original had Fujitsu dome?
7. What influences, if any, did you have while creating the HHKB's layout?
8. What is your computer setup? (will ask for pictures)
9. Were you influenced by the Tron initiative? Can you tell us any details about the Tron initiative?
10. What are your thoughts on the variants of the HHKB? (JP, Type-S, Standard)