Stuff you just bought

Stabilized

08 Dec 2015, 18:55

Yeah, it's news that we got new stuff, so we post it online and other people review it by looking over it.

stratokaster

08 Dec 2015, 19:03

Just bought a Rain Design mStand for my laptop. Will receive it in about a week.

jou

09 Dec 2015, 01:41

Picked this beauty up today
IMG_1574.jpg
IMG_1574.jpg (886.2 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
Quite surprised that it came in its orginal box
IMG_1575.jpg
IMG_1575.jpg (958.46 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
And even with all the documentation (and a floppy!)
IMG_1576.jpg
IMG_1576.jpg (794.57 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
IMG_1577.jpg
IMG_1577.jpg (784.36 KiB) Viewed 6083 times
The keyboard is not new, but complete with wrist rests and numpad.

Not bad for ~30€ shipped. The adjusting mechanism didn't work at first, but after applying copious amount of lube, it was very smooth.

vsev

09 Dec 2015, 10:51

Nice one jou !
Hadn't seen in ISO layout before.. Will think about if I cross one next time !

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

09 Dec 2015, 11:12

Nice apple adjustable keyboard, I had also bidden on it (if it is the keyboard from ebay). I have already one, but sadly without wrist rests and a keyboard with original box is always cool.

Stabilized

09 Dec 2015, 12:06

Wow, great find with the Apple Adjustable keyboard, Jou! Doesn't even look very yellow (the ABS parts seem to match the PBT keycaps), it comes with the illusive wrist rests (wish I had those on mine), and in ISO!
So what are your plans for it? Are you going to let it sit in the box in pristine condition, or are you going to use it?

jou

09 Dec 2015, 15:50

vsev wrote: Nice one jou !
Hadn't seen in ISO layout before.. Will think about if I cross one next time !
They pop up every now and then on German eBay. Would have preferred an ANSI one thogh
hypkx wrote: Nice apple adjustable keyboard, I had also bidden on it (if it is the keyboard from ebay). I have already one, but sadly without wrist rests and a keyboard with original box is always cool.
This is the one I got: http://www.ebay.de/itm/231763464589
Stabilized wrote: Wow, great find with the Apple Adjustable keyboard, Jou! Doesn't even look very yellow (the ABS parts seem to match the PBT keycaps), it comes with the illusive wrist rests (wish I had those on mine), and in ISO!
So what are your plans for it? Are you going to let it sit in the box in pristine condition, or are you going to use it?
Of course I'm going to use it :mrgreen: The box is pristine condition, the keyboard not so much… The main unit is a bit more yellowed (and dirtier) than the numpad. I guess the previous owner didn't use the numpad much. Also, the mute button is broken and the keyboard couldn't be adjusted until I lubed everything up.

I'll take it on a spin once I get it cleaned and see if I'd take it into rotation.

I'm also thinking of making a replacement PCB that takes Alps SKCM, but that's just a thought for now and I probably won't act on it for a while :)
Last edited by jou on 09 Dec 2015, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

09 Dec 2015, 17:01

Please, if you do design that replacement PCB... let me know. I love the little board, but the switches are a little bit lacking.

HzFaq

09 Dec 2015, 17:02

Oooo, me too. AAK with nice switches would be amazing.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

09 Dec 2015, 17:04

Someone want an AAK? I'll be selling one next week. :-D

kiwi

10 Dec 2015, 09:47

This weeks purchases! Some new gear for my next build and 2 new mouses.

scottc

16 Dec 2015, 12:23

Just got an all-white G80-1501HAD over the weekend. Never seen all-white doubleshots before, should be exciting!

gogusrl

16 Dec 2015, 12:26

I'm in a typewriter frenzy, been spamming everyone I can find with an electronic typewriter to pull some caps and take a pic. There's a lot of nice looking typewriter caps, just gotta find the right model.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

16 Dec 2015, 12:45

scottc wrote: Just got an all-white G80-1501HAD over the weekend. Never seen all-white doubleshots before, should be exciting!
Actually they are rather grey:
two flavours of G80-1501 HAD.jpg
two flavours of G80-1501 HAD.jpg (897.77 KiB) Viewed 5930 times

HzFaq

16 Dec 2015, 12:46

Wasn't there a white(ish) Cherry APL set kicking around at some point as well?

Oh, and don't forget this one :D.
Spoiler:

derzemel

16 Dec 2015, 12:52

hehehehehehe:

I'll take a nicer picture with it's ISO brother this evening :D

scottc

16 Dec 2015, 13:25

I must say, kbdfr, that your whole picture looks rather grey ;) But good point. Are they the same shade as the "Hellgrau" found on the lighter G80-1800s with Windows keys?

That WEY has some really gorgeous caps, HzFaq! I'd love an APL set though. I'll put it on my wishlist...

E3E

16 Dec 2015, 13:57

Just landed a genuine blue alps Monterey K101 with a super low serial number (13000, so it's low at least in the leagues I've seen; the next lowest I have is 14420 on my FAME :P), and a different case design I've seen compared to the one's I usually see through image searches or the wiki. It's got the case swoop of an Alps bigfoot board (which is my favorite case design for vintage Alps boards).

I didn't buy it for all that though. I thought ordering from TaoBao would have been cheaper than eBay. I was wrong. It came out to way more than I wanted it to be, thanks to shipping. :(

I just really wanted another blue Alps board in an all plastic case, as my FAME has a metal bottom. I like the resonance plastic gives, while I do also enjoy the qualities of a metal bottom panel. It'll be nice to directly compare the typing sounds. :D

I hear these have awful KRO though, so I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with it. Definitely would have to be relegated to typing only if it's as bad as it seems. Wish I could find a Focus FK-555!

It looks like it isn't yellowed though, so hopefully all I'll have to restore is the warped cable, if I can manage!

gogusrl

16 Dec 2015, 14:10

Finally found a decently priced monitor stand for my 27" korean.

E3E

16 Dec 2015, 14:17

gogusrl wrote: Finally found a decently priced monitor stand for my 27" korean.

[DEATH DEVICE]
You plan to mount your 27" Korean?

A little inhumane, don't you think? :P

andrewjoy

16 Dec 2015, 14:24

thats from a HP LP2475w , should have height tilt and swivel as well as portrate mode . A good find. I have one in storage as my HP LP2475w is on a wall mount.

derzemel

17 Dec 2015, 15:06

Sony MDR-10RBT bluetooth/Wired headphones:

gogusrl

18 Dec 2015, 20:57

E3E wrote:

[DEATH DEVICE]
You plan to mount your 27" Korean?

A little inhumane, don't you think? :P

It's not like he can fight back, he's only 27", i'm like at least three times it's size.

In other news, got 16gb ram for my desktop and a rpi2 + https://www.hifiberry.com/digiplus/ for my media center.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

18 Dec 2015, 22:18

Some nice stuff here guys, I got this high quality vintage east german lens for my DSLR:

Carl Zeiss Tessar 50mm f/2,8 M42
IMG_20151218_221315.jpg
IMG_20151218_221315.jpg (583.21 KiB) Viewed 5784 times

gogusrl

18 Dec 2015, 22:47

Did I shill those korean monitors around here yet ? One of the best purchases I've made. It's a 27" 2560x1440 IPS monitor with the same panel as the Apple one just in a shittier enclosure. Got it for 320$ with free shipping about 3 years ago. These days they're not the deal they once were but the same suppliers now have 40-49" 4k monitor for 400-600$.

lots of info here : http://www.overclock.net/f/44/monitors-and-displays

edit : they're selling refurbished units for 170$ and new for 260$ with free shipping.
http://stores.ebay.com/green-sum

Hak Foo

19 Dec 2015, 06:03

I have one too, but I got mine several years ago. There are a few caveats:

* The stands are crap, and some have terrible case construction. The original "Yamakasi" models, in particular, hide the VESA mount behind a decorative shroud that requires cracking open the unit (and unplugging some very delicate cables) to remove. The actual mount itself is incredibly delicate metal and I destroyed mine, having to assemble a replacement from scrap parts.

* Many of them are DL-DVI only. This is getting to be a bit worrying as video cards move more towards DisplayPort and HDMI. I need two DVI connections (the 27 and an ancient Dell 2001FP secondary that happens to be nice for things like vintage computers) so I actually had to go out of the way to find a new video card with two DVI ports (or use an ugly adaptor to go DVI-HDMI)

ettasian

19 Dec 2015, 10:48

Decompleted MX5000. At least I got two original Browns and those fancy Super Blacks ;)
On the bright side, it still works.

And a new camera, Sony DSC-R1 :D I mean just look at that Cherry's photo :lol:

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

19 Dec 2015, 10:59

ettasian wrote: Decompleted MX5000. At least I got two original Browns and those fancy Super Blacks ;)
Spoiler:

Cool keyboard, I would love it to have also one.
I think now can you use your favorite switches to complete it.
Maybe its a bit hard to find a spacebar that fit.

ettasian

19 Dec 2015, 11:09

hypkx wrote:
ettasian wrote: Decompleted MX5000. At least I got two original Browns and those fancy Super Blacks ;)
Spoiler:

Cool keyboard, I would love it to have also one.
I think now can you use your favorite switches to complete it.
Maybe its a bit hard to find a spacebar that fit.
Yep, the spacebar is the biggest problem. The guy that sold me this, wanted to get one just to sell it here on DT. That didn't work out and now the switches and keycaps are being sold in Poland and I got this.
But on the bright side, I'm getting a lot of various switches and keycaps soon, so I can somewhat restore it. I was thinking some 1.5u's or 2u's for spacebars.

trenzafeeds

20 Dec 2015, 00:48

Dyesubs from ramnes
http://imgur.com/a/oFh9v

Return to “News”