Corsair gaming keyboards released

webwit
Wild Duck

16 Sep 2011, 14:35

pascoa341

16 Sep 2011, 14:37

Aimed at games, but do look interesting. Nice to see a company making something different to what is already out there.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/16/cors ... /#comments

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/16/corsa ... -and-mice/

Nice marketing film with lots of nonsensical stuff in:
hmm... cannot integrate youtube film. Am I doing something wrong?

itlnstln

16 Sep 2011, 15:04

I like the case on these with the exception of the large logo and the volume knob. Ditch the backlighting and add some caps with nicer legending, and it would be a pretty sweet 'board,

Minskleip

16 Sep 2011, 15:07

It's lame that they only have rubber coated keys for WASD and not E, F, R and G, but otherwise cool.

webwit
Wild Duck

16 Sep 2011, 15:25

Merged topics, fixed youtube bit.

mintberryminuscrunch

16 Sep 2011, 15:55

at second glance i like the fps board a lot.
if they do it tenkeyless i might buy it.

the profile of the "1" key is a really good idea for a gaming board

Findecanor

16 Sep 2011, 17:19

Hmm.. The top of the keyboard is the plate that the switches are mounted in, and it is basically an aluminium extrusion with holes routed in it.
The bottom row has an interesting mix of keys with different widths: <Ctrl>: 1.5, <Windows>/<Menu>: 1, <Alt>/<Alt Gr>: 1.25 units.

guilleguillaume

16 Sep 2011, 20:21

I don't like them, they just look horrible :lol:

itlnstln

16 Sep 2011, 20:58

I like how the mounting plate and the rest of the top part of the case are all one piece. I gives it kind on an industrial look. I do think there are better ways to pull that off, but I like the concept.

webwit
Wild Duck

16 Sep 2011, 21:10

I'm with guilleguillaume. I might have liked them when I was 12 years old.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

18 Sep 2011, 19:33

Not sure how well the relatively exposed switching modules would survive a spill, or anything for the matter. I'll always remember the Blue Cherry board I had where a switch was disabled by a small hair that got in through a gap in the side.

cable

24 Sep 2011, 08:30

I choose my Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 over the Corsair Vengeance K90, which doesn't seem to be linked here.

It's almost identical to the K60 but with some other changes like the macro buttons and another kind of wrist rest. Sure it's minimalistic, but not as minimalistic as I'd like.

Here's the video of K90:

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Sep 2011, 02:09

Hey now...

Oblig.

ihhbui

28 Sep 2011, 10:27

The keyboard won't be a full mechanical.

A Corsair admin of their facebook page said "The top row keys, ESC thru Pause/Break, and the Insert thru Page Down keys are dome-switch keys. The same for the G keys on the K90."

It just made this keyboard a lot less appealing ಠ_ಠ

Brian8bit

28 Sep 2011, 10:51

ihhbui wrote:The keyboard won't be a full mechanical.

A Corsair admin of their facebook page said "The top row keys, ESC thru Pause/Break, and the Insert thru Page Down keys are dome-switch keys. The same for the G keys on the K90."

It just made this keyboard a lot less appealing ಠ_ಠ
Agreed, but not because of the rubber domes. I posted elsewhere that it's not a very cool move from Corsair. There's been no mention of the board being a hybrid anywhere except from what was let slip on Corsairs facebook page (as far as I'm aware). Their product page has made absolutely no mention to the boards being a hybrid. The above video posted by cable touts the benefits of the red switches, but makes absolutely no mention of switch type in the macro section.

If this is true, it's not cool at all. It's touting your product to be one thing while neglecting to mention that it's actually not a fully cherry MX red board. That pisses me off more than using rubber domes for a macro section.

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Sep 2011, 11:02

I thank Corsair. I'm not an expert on the other types of products they make, but now I know they make cheap crap for the uninformed.

ihhbui

28 Sep 2011, 11:11

Well they are marketed towards the enthusiast pc gaming crowd with a majority of them believing that any type of product they release will be the cream of the crop. A lot of them also think that all their products are manufactured by themselves which is rarely the case but I guess that having a good brand image make them money especially when marketed to the uninformed.

Brian8bit

28 Sep 2011, 11:25

Being uniformed is one thing. Neglecting to mention a fact about your product that might negatively affect the number you sell is completely underhanded. I was only made aware of the facebook posting the other night. Going by Corsairs own product page I was lead to believe these were a fully red MX board. And I'm sure many others were as well.

Note: Cherry MX Red Mechanical. Not "Cherry MX Red Mechanical and rubber dome mix".

CeeSA

28 Sep 2011, 14:46

intentional deception. i hope they all dying painfully.

Return to “News”