Input Club K-Type Preview

TuxKey
LLAP

30 Jan 2016, 10:39

I really liked the WhiteFox by Matt3o :) nothing special there :) the drop is probably the most successful one i have ever seen on MassDrop..And already 1093 people are requesting it again hahahah...

Personaly i would enjoy seeing the K-Type without the Function row...or a FC660C/M with default key sizing..
And i do love the idea of a fully programable keyboard :ugeek:

After getting the KUL ES-87 and being disappointed with the level of quality being a fraction of what they promised on their website.. :roll:
I know i should know better than to believe a well oiled marketing machine..
Don't misunderstand me it's an OK keyboard :| underwhelming but OK..
there are details of the KUL ES-87 that are really awesome but overal i could do without..

And here is where the Input Club comes in with their latest creation that i have bin following for a while now :geek:
Nice slab of Aluminium what else would you need?
Nice slab of Aluminium what else would you need?
IMG_0245.jpg (131.16 KiB) Viewed 4989 times
Fully programable Colors :ugeek:
Colors galore yah baby
Colors galore yah baby
cropped.jpg (177.5 KiB) Viewed 4989 times

I'm a member of the TekSyndicate when i heard from HaaTa that input club was going to be @ CES2016 and i knew the guys from the tek where going to be there..i asked and hoped both would meet and show us the new K-type ;)

The K-Type looks awesome..Just checkout this youtube vid that will start at 1:29.. :shock:
https://youtu.be/BXAMt3Mk648?t=1m29s

After seeing this youtube vid..I sure i won't be able to resist and get this awesome keyboard..
Only two things could hold me back..
- hope they will have a EU solution like a warehouse so i don't have to add 32%
- hope they will have a rear switch that i wouldn't be able to get my self like Ergo Clears with brown springs..
I'm so in love with my new Topre 45g board..That i want to tryout Tactile switches that are a bit lighter than my MX-clears.

But there is so much more to say about this keyboard.. like the CNC Aluminum build or the USB-C type connection.
And don't forget the RGB smd led's :D

Personally i don't care for LED party's on my desk give me clean and calm any day of the week.. :ugeek:
But if you tell me i can program the buggers to do what ever i want !! Well that's a different story all together :idea:

Perhaps i can have a couple of VIM mode lighting Or Bash shell layouts.. A sort of Bahs Cheat sheet on your keyboard..
Have the editing keys light up in one color and the navigation keys in a different one..

i'm very excited to see the final product..And just hope they could give us a nice ergo switch and EU native shipping..

Here is the website for more info..
http://input.club/waitlist

Take care all ..And thank you HaaTa and the rest of the people involved with the K-type for wanting to bring this piece of art

KRKS

30 Jan 2016, 16:36

Well, I'm not sure what I expected exactly, but it's shaping up to be pretty much an "Modern Apple RGB Keyboard".

Also, didn't they say in a reddit AMA they're ditching MD for this one? I'm definitely not giving even a cent to MD.

Julle

31 Jan 2016, 10:43

Any idea how much this will cost? Should I expect Korean custom keyboard pricing or will this be closer to commercially available mechs?

Matt_

31 Jan 2016, 11:21

I'd say close to commercially available RGB mechs, but that's just a hunch.

davkol

31 Jan 2016, 22:42

Someone's mentioned they're aiming for sub-$200.

Elrick

01 Feb 2016, 00:48

davkol wrote: Someone's mentioned they're aiming for sub-$200.
Very decent price tag, if they decide to stick with it 8-) .

courtesi

01 Feb 2016, 18:55

TuxKey wrote: After getting the KUL ES-87 and being disappointed with the level of quality being a fraction of what they promised on their website.. :roll:

I know i should know better than to believe a well oiled marketing machine..
Don't misunderstand me it's an OK keyboard :| underwhelming but OK..
there are details of the KUL ES-87 that are really awesome but overall i could do without..
I'm not sure what is going on with KUL. MechanicalKeyboards.com dropped them; EK has restocked some boards but otherwise KUL hasn't updated their website/FaceBook page since last year.

Julle

01 Feb 2016, 19:37

davkol wrote: Someone's mentioned they're aiming for sub-$200.
That would be nice. Also, I'm a filthy ISO casual, so I hope that's an option.

TuxKey
LLAP

02 Feb 2016, 15:52

KRKS wrote: Also, didn't they say in a reddit AMA they're ditching MD for this one? I'm definitely not giving even a cent to MD.
I have nothing against MD to be truthful..Only complaint would be the lack of having a EU warehouse or someway to avoid paying 32% extra when getting anything from outside the F..ing EU..

After Qtang pulled a fast one on me last year by selling me my FC660M (mx-clears) with laser edged printing (ugly shit) :oops: So i had to order a dysub set from adding an extra €40
i ended up paying a total of €204 :cry: :evil: :shock: that's with customs shit ..

TuxKey
LLAP

02 Feb 2016, 16:10

KRKS wrote: Well, I'm not sure what I expected exactly, but it's shaping up to be pretty much an "Modern Apple RGB Keyboard".
if there is one thing we all can agree about is that Apple is a master of design when it comes to tech and computers 8-)
And i know, i know ;) their marketing machine beats everything out there..

Dont misunderstand me i don't agree with lots of design decisions made by apple in regards to design vs practicality and upgradability. But that's the it :geek: talking..And the same reason why i rushed to buy the last MacBook Pro that was user upgradable..just after the retina crap came out...
i did regret my purchase (for a min) because the newer models support high res dpi external monitors..
But heck i spend 70% on my time using a terminal so what ever..give me 2560x1600 anytime of the day..
(my 30-inch external monitor).
But i digress sorry for that.. :roll:

If they would offer a different type of switch than the default weighting that would be awesome..
And an instant sell for me.. Something like a tactile but a bit lighter mx-clear without having to solder :mrgreen:
who wouldn't like something like that :ugeek: :?:

After heaving tried dip-switch keyboards i'm ready for something more...Something that i can really customise to my liking.
If i had the chance i would opt for all keyboards to be programable like the input club boards.. :geek:

We shall have to wait and see what input club wil do with this one.. 8-)

The Demongolator
Contra Bonos Mores

03 Feb 2016, 16:57

The Demongolator has collected:
off-topic-f10/topic-t12821.html

The keyboard discussion and the Demongolator's winter hibernation may peacefully continue ...
:-)

TuxKey
LLAP

03 Feb 2016, 19:31

The Demongolator wrote: The Demongolator has collected:
off-topic-f10/topic-t12821.html

The keyboard discussion and the Demongolator's winter hibernation may peacefully continue ...
:-)
Thanks for that.. i always like to read people's opinion..And perhaps this time it's my fault because i always get bothered by all the custom fees we have to pay getting a nice keyboard in the EU..

But back to the subject at hand..
The K-type..Really love it..but the last couple of days i saw a different layout i really really like..
almost perfect except for the Function row
almost perfect except for the Function row
Keyboard75%25%2B1_DangerZone.png (739.99 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Perhaps without the function row like this..it would be a dram board..and even better than the
K-type..??
dream layout all default size keycaps..
dream layout all default size keycaps..
dream_Keyboard_Layout.jpg (261.94 KiB) Viewed 4503 times

Return to “News”