KeyMouse is working on a keyboardless mouse: ComfyMouse

davkol

29 Dec 2018, 23:30

I've always thought that KeyMouse was a weird idea, because a mouse shouldn't be too heavy and a keyboard shouldn't slide around (otoh, perhaps I wouldn't mind the trackball model). Now they're developing an "ergonomic" mouse, though, similar to Handshoe Mouse, and I'm actually stoked.
tl;dw it's a bulky mouse with 3+ full-size buttons on top, one large button in the thumb rest and a vertically-oriented (!) thumb wheel

Elrick

31 Dec 2018, 06:25

davkol wrote: it's a bulky mouse with 3+ full-size buttons on top, one large button in the thumb rest and a vertically-oriented (!) thumb wheel
Looks alright, the size is important here because too many of these so-called ergonomic mice where designed around midget hands.

Hopefully they decide to make a mouse for people with NORMAL sized hands to use.

Findecanor

31 Dec 2018, 08:18

I think that whether the size of the mouse fits your hand depends on how you are supposed to grip it -- and this varies widely from ergo mouse to ergo mouse.
I operate my (modified) WowPen Joy with thumb and two fingers, with wrist resting on the mouse pad. I don't need the mouse to be larger than the grip surfaces on the left and close to the buttons, other than what is a necessarily large base to keep it upright. It could easily be a little bit smaller, but not too much.
Some cheap very vertical mouse I tried was too low. The Evoluent was too large.

zrrion

31 Dec 2018, 19:34

The PCB they're using is interesting. Would be cool to use it for a custom mouse.

Return to “News”