Win a Contour product such as a RollerMouse! [ended]

7bit

29 Apr 2011, 23:47

The Keyboard Oracle wrote:The Keyboard Oracle has decided: Extra lottery numbers awarded for the draw at 22:00hrs:
1 extra for 7bit for >= 100 posts.
5 extra for 7bit for wiki.
Thanks a lot for letting me win!

Seems like I created 2 extra wiki entries today, just after I won already!

I thought the contest would last longer until after midnight:-)

I even opened up a switch to take pictures of the inside:

Thanks again!
webwit wrote: I like how 7bit is currently hacking away at the wiki, and hasn't noticed his incoming pm yet. That's the spirit!
LOL!

RiGS

30 Apr 2011, 13:15

Congrats!

7bit

10 May 2011, 20:37

RiGS wrote:Congrats!
Thanks!

I got the roller mouse yesterday. It is easy to operate. No problem to use it after only a few minutes. However, there are some points which are not so perfect.

It is ideal for touch typists who love wrist rests. The buttons are pressed with the palms, not the fingers. Also, the roller bar works as a left button when pressed. For me, the wrist rest gets into my way when typing. I think a solution where the rollermouse is integrated into the keyboard, would be perfect.

At least at my machine (running Debian) conventional mouse and roller mouse work simultaneously connected via USB, so I don't grab the emptyness when reaching for the good old mouse.

I will post pictures (also from the inside) and a review including a description how to open it up without breaking it, later.

Thanks webwit and sixty for letting me win this contest!

Return to “News”