Filco Majestouch NINJA

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

28 Apr 2011, 02:12

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Apr 2011, 04:01

Hey, they stole my idea. Oh wait, I stole it from some guy on OTD. He was working with little stickers. The page says "for middle class users" Anyway, I think it looks sweet.

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Apr 2011, 04:10

So if ninja are associated with middle class, then where leaves this the pirates? In any case, vikings are the elite so I'll be awaiting the Filco Majestouch Viking keyboard. Pirates are just a weak sub-race of vikings and I find it unacceptable that vikings are denied similar basic archetypal rights.

Crazy9000

28 Apr 2011, 04:36

I like it. Might even make the keys easier to read if your keyboard goes under the desk on the tray a bit.

itlnstln

28 Apr 2011, 11:58

I'm down. No help on the numpad, though. A skeptic might even say that it's a tactic that helps them dodge questions on shoddy keycap construction. Not me, of course; I'm a fanboy. All kidding aside, I do like the front-facing printing.

EDIT: Scratch that, they do have fullsize versions.

keyboardlover

28 Apr 2011, 14:00

This is old news at Geekhack. Guess this stuff takes some time to reach Europe ;)

itlnstln

28 Apr 2011, 14:08

keyboardlover wrote:This is old news at Geekhack. Guess this stuff takes some time to reach Europe ;)
Damn, I wish I were better informed.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.81 KiB) Viewed 7056 times

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Apr 2011, 14:11

I visited a while back but the guy thought it would be cool to have a giant background of a keyboard, so I had to poke my eyes out.

keyboardlover

28 Apr 2011, 15:07

webwit wrote:I visited a while back but the guy thought it would be cool to have a giant background of a keyboard, so I had to poke my eyes out.
Wow! Extreme otaku!!!
Last edited by keyboardlover on 28 Apr 2011, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

nathanscribe

28 Apr 2011, 15:09

Hmm, I like it. I don't need another keyboard, but if Keyboardco end up selling cap sets, I'll probably get one of those.

Julle

28 Apr 2011, 15:46

They're most likely the same old shitty shit Filco caps. Same shitty plastic, same shitty thickness, same shitty feel. Did I already mention they are shitty?

itlnstln

28 Apr 2011, 16:35

Julle wrote:They're most likely the same old shitty shit Filco caps. Same shitty plastic, same shitty thickness, same shitty feel. Did I already mention they are shitty?
I like how they mention something about letters fading and key caps looking "crummy." I guess instead of actually fixing the problem they just stuck the legends on the front, gave it a cliche name, and plan to sell them to the enthusiasts for moar moniez.

ripster

28 Apr 2011, 17:11

I like the rubber feet even though I never use them.

Like Condoms.
Last edited by ripster on 28 Apr 2011, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

28 Apr 2011, 17:13

Quite silly that the windows keys have to be domed anyway just to get it past the Microsoft licensing. Why are they still so fond to make these keys on a double niche product?

itlnstln

28 Apr 2011, 17:16

sixty wrote:Quite silly that the windows keys have to be domed anyway just to get it past the Microsoft licensing. Why are they still so fond to make these keys on a double niche product?
The literature/pics are confusing on the Windows keys. On the one hand, they show the keyboard with standard Win keys. On the other hand they also talk about/show pics of "Ninja" Win keys. From what I can tell, it seems like they are including the "Ninja" keys as well as the standard ones.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

28 Apr 2011, 17:29

itlnstln wrote:
sixty wrote:Quite silly that the windows keys have to be domed anyway just to get it past the Microsoft licensing. Why are they still so fond to make these keys on a double niche product?
The literature/pics are confusing on the Windows keys. On the one hand, they show the keyboard with standard Win keys. On the other hand they also talk about/show pics of "Ninja" Win keys. From what I can tell, it seems like they are including the "Ninja" keys as well as the standard ones.
Yes. They have to include the domed ones to meet the Windows licensing guidelines.

ripster

28 Apr 2011, 17:37

The Win7 Logo pulls the box together.

Apple needs OSX Certification Testing. Or at least the Noppoo and Ducky G2 should have least TRIED a few Macs before shipping.

keyboardlover

28 Apr 2011, 17:53

ripster wrote:I like the rubber feet even though I never use them.

Like Condoms.
I'm with you. My motto is "go raw or go home."

itlnstln

28 Apr 2011, 18:31

keyboardlover wrote:
ripster wrote:I like the rubber feet even though I never use them.

Like Condoms.
I'm with you. My motto is "go raw or go home."
Mine is "Put on a raincoat or get hosed by the child support."

"...or the Herpes."

Whatever.

keyboardlover

28 Apr 2011, 19:26

Condoms suck. They never fit right. Only ever had to get plan b once because of a stupid condom.

However I've yet to have a problem pulling out.

itlnstln

28 Apr 2011, 19:41

keyboardlover wrote:Condoms suck. They never fit right.
The lube goes on the outside.

This is the factory testing the condoms I use:

If you need to use one of these as a dental dam, however, you might have a problem:

ripster

28 Apr 2011, 19:52

Genital Herpes is the NINJA of the STD world.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

30 Apr 2011, 16:31

Don't worry, I hear manufacturers make special ones for the *coughs* smaller gentlemen.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Apr 2011, 17:54

You gotta wonder after seeing this, with 30% of the population from Latino or African origin to up the average, what's left for the remainder, such as ripster. Although I can't fail to notice the difference between Ireland and the Netherlands..

keyboardlover

30 Apr 2011, 18:36

daedalus wrote:
Don't worry, I hear manufacturers make special ones for the *coughs* smaller gentlemen.
Problem is they're TOO SMALL!!! Especially in the girth area!

Findecanor

30 Apr 2011, 19:53

I could reply to you about how I believe that condoms were made that way on purpose, but I am afraid that we are about to enter the territory of "Too Much Information", so I'll just stop right here.

Return to “News”