GTI releases gaming laptop featuring a mechanical keyboard

LLRnR
\m/

22 Jan 2015, 22:31

This is already old news, but it seems it has not yet been posted here. MSI have announced in October 2014 their GT80 Titan gaming laptop, featuring a mechanical keyboard! :shock:

It's a SteelSeries keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches.

To my knowledge, this would be the first laptop ever to include a mechanical keyboard. Prices are prohibitive and the design may not fit everybody's taste, but I give them kudos for this initiative. This is really something innovative.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-new ... oth-worlds

As I see it, if this becomes a trend and catches on (I hope it does), there should be a large panel of high-end laptops to choose from, featuring mechanical keyboards, in a few years' time. *fingers crossed*

chzel

22 Jan 2015, 22:33

LLRnR
\m/

22 Jan 2015, 22:37

Oh sh... :oops:

Sorry! I thought I had searched thoroughly. I was wrong. *running away, hiding in my hole*

scottc

22 Jan 2015, 22:41

Pfff, you call that a laptop? THIS is a laptop!

LLRnR
\m/

22 Jan 2015, 23:17

scottc wrote: Pfff, you call that a laptop? THIS is a laptop!

Haha, wow, that's really something! It was released in 1986. I wonder what kind of laptops will be available in 30 years from now. My first PC had 16 MB of RAM and my new rig (which I built last summer) has 1,000 times more (16 GB).
IBM had little luck with it's portable models, and realized to keep up, they needed a laptop. IBM came up with the 5140, it was a laptop that could be converted into a main desktop in seconds.
I sure wouldn't want to convert my full-tower 20 kg rig into a laptop but YMMV :P

scottc

22 Jan 2015, 23:22

It even has a PRINTER attached! What more could you want? :D

Return to “News”