A look at the G20 Stealth Keyset

Cocopah

04 Jan 2017, 19:58

Hey guys, first time poster here. I was fortunate enough to win this G20 Stealth set from PMK . I feel its my duty to at least post an overview look at them. I'm not very good at reviews so please bear with me.

The printing on the keys are uniform, deep black, and of high quality. I've had many other keys in the past which have had printing issues, but these look great. At first I didn't like the black on the dark grey keys, but they grew on me. I suppose that's part of what makes this set "stealth". The texture on them are subtle for PBT compared to my other PBT sets.

The profile is very off putting. When I first got the set I didn't think I would like them at all. It did take a few hours with them to get comfortable with the profile. I noticed less missed key presses when touch typing. Now that I have gotten used to the profile it feels nice. I don't think this will become my permanent profile, but it is a refreshing change.

The keys are a medium thickness. Not quite as thick as my PBT keycaps from maxkeyboards. They sound very nice, it gives my Hypersphere'd Realforce RGB a nice deep thock when bottoming out.

The set didn't include anything for the 4 extra keys on the Realforce RGB. I will be buying blanks to place there. It does force me to give the set a look with artisans. The set overall is too low (as expected) to fit in. I won't be using the set with artisans once I get the blanks.

Overall I'm very impressed with the set. It is my first signature plastic PBT keyset so only time will tell how it holds up long term. Sorry for the potato shots. I'm getting a new DSLR soon, hopefully my next pics are better :lol:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

04 Jan 2017, 21:36

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Pretty "boxy" looking keycaps, they look good on your RGB.

Welcome to DT!

zslane

04 Jan 2017, 21:46

Speaking of G20 keycap sets... coming soon to PMK:

For the more adventurous keyboarders out there...

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

04 Jan 2017, 21:51

zslane wrote: For the more adventurous keyboarders out there...
:o That's for sure, while I love to look at that I don't think I'd want that set on any of my keyboards.

Elrick

05 Jan 2017, 01:12

seebart wrote:
zslane wrote: For the more adventurous keyboarders out there...
:o That's for sure, while I love to look at that I don't think I'd want that set on any of my keyboards.
Don't mind it at all.

Could purchase a few sets easily then swap out some keys with others I have, to get a fully customized key-set for my own usage.

Looking forward to this from PMK directly.

sneaux

07 Jan 2017, 04:15

Nice, rarely see anyone else driving G20s. I posted a review on the product page (for a dye sublimated set) over at PMK a few days ago. Unfortunately, it seems that reviews must be at least 4/5 or some get through some other form of biased moderation to make it to the product page. So I assume that the review is lost forever, but I feel like I should add a mild caveat that the large modifier keys were noticeably warped. If you read the reviews that did make it to the page, you'll find this is a theme. Also, the fit can be a bit snug on boards that don't have floating keys. They are useable and the texture is great, but Semiotic deserves better than the set I received :) I

Return to “Reviews”