Das Keyboard 4 Professional: ohaimark is back at GoMK

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 Oct 2017, 02:57

After a long hiatus due to some ownership changes, I am once again writing for GoMK. I'm starting things off with a review of the Das Keyboard 4 Professional. Does the de facto standard for office keyboards live up to its reputation?

For office workers, absolutely. Enthusiasts? Not so much. Read more at:
http://www.gomechanicalkeyboard.com/rev ... al-review/

Disclaimer: I received the 4 Pro for free. I am a writer at GoMK.

Daniel Beardsmore

18 Oct 2017, 09:21

OK now that's interesting — the label is the same type as the one found on the Poker II, and the serial number is in the same format: YYMM880… (YYMM not proven, but my Poker II is marked 1308 and that's around when my keyboard was likely made, while the Das Keyboard 4 review example is nearly a year old, made in December 2016 according to the serial.)

Either the label company likes that serial number format, or they are using the same manufacturer as Vortex.

TuxKey
LLAP

18 Oct 2017, 16:41

as an office worker the only keyboard my boss wil get me is a standard membrane pice of shit.
But it goes without saying that i won't type on that shit for 8 hours of my life, 5 days a week..

So i'm left with one choice and that's to fork my own €€ to buy something nice..
i like your write-up as always.
For me to spend my hard urned cash for a work keyboard i have the following demands , in short Das Keyboard is not for me as a professional..

- portable as compact as possible with arrow cluster for my text processing. (i'm not a office word,excel expert but can't avoid it alas)
- must have PBT keycaps i like to clean my keyboard with disinfecting wipes at work so cheap ABS caps is a no go..
- preferably programmable without using software that i can't install on my damm workstation ..
but i want to be able to access certain frequent used applications and day to day usage..

i personally prefer the Vortex Race3 if only it was fully programmable then it would be perfect. And it's cheaper to !!
Perhaps Hasu kan make a controller for it hahah.
Better caps metal case and less €€ ahhaha Das Professional fool comes to mind sorry that one came to mind comparing both.

in my humble opinion if i see a colleague with Das 4 Pro keyboard on his desk i would think
"he spends his time listening to music instead of working" look at all those media controls and big volume nob..probably
a manager..
on the other hand if i see someone with a Vortex Race 3 on his desk i would think. That's a Nurd with OCD that doesn't like to waist space but is serious about his desk / work place hahaha..
just a few thoughts..

ps the reason why i compare it with the Race3 is because of the pic/link at the end of the right up/ review..
Always a joy browsing your site btw

depletedvespene

18 Oct 2017, 19:51

TuxKey wrote: For me to spend my hard urned cash
Before a keyboard, please consider getting a proper wallet. :mrgreen:

TuxKey
LLAP

18 Oct 2017, 22:18

depletedvespene wrote:
A proper wallet?? Don't understand what my wallet has to do with Anything??
Do you mean my budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depletedvespene

18 Oct 2017, 22:58

TuxKey wrote:
depletedvespene wrote:
A proper wallet?? Don't understand what my wallet has to do with Anything??
Do you mean my budget?
A wallet, so you can keep your money there instead of inside an urn.

(it was just a joke)

ohaimark
Kingpin

18 Oct 2017, 22:59

depletedvespene

18 Oct 2017, 23:26

I see you're an expert in reaching compromises. :mrgreen:

Return to “Reviews”