IBM Model M122 "battlecruiser" keyboard review

Chyros

21 Oct 2017, 13:13

The IBM battlecruiser! Hope you enjoy the video! :)

purdobol

21 Oct 2017, 13:51

Actually this model M supports all 3 scancode sets. It also has pins or jumpers o the board, that can be used to set the keyboard ID, in case the BIOS doesn't like particullar one and screams that no keyboard is connected. Would love to find operations manual for this board. Lot's of interesting stuff in this one...

Great review. I like that you toned down the comparisons to other models.
Battleship model M review was more about the F model i feal.

depletedvespene

21 Oct 2017, 14:05

Good video; I specially liked that you took the time to properly distinguish "battleship" from "battlecruiser".

DustGod
Yet another IBM snob

21 Oct 2017, 15:16

Finally, the review of my current daily driver! Great work Chyros :)
I only disagree on one thing, but it probably depends on the user: I got perfectly uset to the crossnav in a couple of days. This surprised me very much at the time, I thought that it would have been quite hard. I didn't even bind the center of the crossnav to replicate the Down arrow, I set it to another Alt instead. Now that I think about it, another useful thing would be to bind it to the OS key, provided that one is absolutely sure to not hit it by accident.
I also find the extra key on the numpad very useful, which I set to Tab. Delete or the equal sign would be excellent choices too (and, of course, I set the big key to Enter).

Now the times are ready for a full one hour and a half documentary on all IBMs input peripherals! :D

Return to “Reviews”