Monterey K104 keyboard review (Alps.tw Type OA2)

Chyros

16 Feb 2019, 16:59

IMG_7739_AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.JPG
IMG_7739_AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 2569 times
A classic keyboard on the menu this week! The K104 is of course a well-known staple; it's past time we look at it :) .

(hope the featured image thing went well :) )

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Feb 2019, 17:11

wouldn't it amazing if you added a text excerpt for your video for those who can't watch it right away?! :)

Polecat

16 Feb 2019, 21:35

Thanks as always for the review, and especially for the info on the 0A2 switches. This is a very late 104, 1994 or so from the serial number, so I'm not surprised by it having the clone switches. I know it's a tall order, but it would be interesting to see a direct comparison of the three or four switch versions available in the same keyboard model.

depletedvespene

16 Feb 2019, 22:04

Chyros wrote:
………
I gotta wonder if featured images for bad keyboards will have a name like «IMG_6789_HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.JPG». :mrgreen:

Chyros

17 Feb 2019, 09:47

depletedvespene wrote:
16 Feb 2019, 22:04
Chyros wrote:
………
I gotta wonder if featured images for bad keyboards will have a name like «IMG_6789_HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.JPG». :mrgreen:
The thumbnail images are created from high-res pictures that are much too big for YouTube (their maximum filesize is 2 mb). So, after doing the photography (I usually try multiple angles and setups, and multiple instances of each picture as well), I select a file, up the contrast a little, and then save it as a really crappy JPEG to lower the filesize. Because it's generally rather hard to see just off a small icon which of the ones it was that I edited into the thumbnail, I suffix it with a lot of capitals to make it stand out. Sometimes, if I edit it multiple times, or come up with bettter pictures, you can get CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC or even FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Feb 2019, 15:43

I've owned this KB for years, it's not too shabby. :lol:

Return to “Reviews”