Kailh BOX White switch review

Reimu64

30 Jan 2022, 21:05

The Kailh BOX White is now a 5-year-old clicky switch design, but it’s still better than the Cherry MX Blue in my opinion…as in, if you’re still using the MX Blue, go and give these a try.

Elrick

04 Feb 2022, 03:23

Have around 14 keyboards, all using the humble BOX whites.

This is what the 'Blue Cherry' switch should've been like. The distinct clicky-feel without excessive reverberation.

SK-8K

04 Feb 2022, 03:58

I wish they would switch to 5-pin. I'd like to PCB-mount without having to shell out more for the overpriced "Crystal" versions. At least the Mute jade has 5-pin.

Reimu64

04 Feb 2022, 21:26

Elrick wrote:
This is what the 'Blue Cherry' switch should've been like. The distinct clicky-feel without excessive reverberation.
Oh yes. 100%

The MX Blue, or rather, the MX White wasn't even supposed to be a clicky switch in the first place! No wonder why its a terrible design. I hope to never see anymore new clickies with click jackets.

JCMax

05 Feb 2022, 02:21

I agree with these switches being decent, but there are waaaaaay better switches out there for that. I would rate them the same as outher clones like Oetemu and Gateron blues, but nothing great. Mediocre at best.

I hope with mechanical keyboards start making a dent in the typing market, clickies start getting the attention and innovation they deserve. Gaming market put linears on top, but clickies are so underrated and should get some revamps like how linears got the hall effect treatment.

SK-8K

05 Feb 2022, 03:47

Reimu64 wrote:
04 Feb 2022, 21:26
Elrick wrote:
Oh yes. 100%

The MX Blue, or rather, the MX White wasn't even supposed to be a clicky switch in the first place! No wonder why its a terrible design. I hope to never see anymore new clickies with click jackets.
I disagree slightly. The rattle can be lessened by tweaking the stem geometry a bit (like Aristotle switches) Outemu made Aristotle clones briefly but seems to have discontinued them for some reason.

Return to “Reviews”