Keydous NJ80 keyboard review (Gateron Pro Yellow)

Chyros

23 Apr 2022, 15:20

Today we look at a mid-budgete hotswap chassis, the Keydous NJ80, as well as Gateron Pro switches, their updated line of MX clone switches. Hope you enjoy the video!

Muirium
µ

23 Apr 2022, 20:32

If it was black, I’d be tempted. ABS case, I’m guessing?

Also: how are the stabs? Costar? Those buggers get on my tits for cap installation, but Cherry’s own are just too damn frictive. They’re like a little bit of Cherry MY in your MX keyboard. Only it’s not a little: it’s the biggest keys!

Elrick

24 Apr 2022, 07:06

Very glad that Chyros has finally joined the average 75% Plus crowd, for 2022.

I have liked the 75% layout for at least 19 months and shall continue using that layout. Although the Gat Yellows were a pleasant surprise because they are some of the cheapest in the Cherry MX range (nothing wrong with that).

Also, thanks in showing various compared switch sounds, between some keyboards. In the end, it comes down to what is available TODAY in keyboards.

So don't blame the buyers here in choosing these type of keyboards, because that is what's available everywhere for their wallets. So when you have a limited availability in keyboard switches, then ultimately the Cherry MX parade continues for every new buyer.

Maybe if ALPs had more power/popularity in the marketplace, we could have had far more choices, but unfortunately it never happened.

Return to “Reviews”