Vissles LP85 keyboard review (optoelectric scissor switches)

Chyros

05 May 2022, 15:04

When I accepted this keyboard for review I didn't think I'd have quite as much fun filming it as I did, nor how sarcastic it'd make me xD . Still, an interesting project! Hope you enjoy the video! :)

Findecanor

05 May 2022, 15:30

1. If you need Rennie, maybe stay off whisky for a while. ;)
2. Chyros watches Doom Patrol?

Chyros

05 May 2022, 17:44

Findecanor wrote:
I need Rennies and a lot more than that. I'm chronically on quadruple-dose stomach acid blockers :p .

But yeah, whisky doesn't help xD .
Findecanor wrote:
Haha no, what did you think was a reference to that?

Findecanor

05 May 2022, 19:00

Chyros wrote:
Findecanor wrote:
I need Rennies and a lot more than that. I'm chronically on quadruple-dose stomach acid blockers :p .
Yeah, I know what that's about. I've had stomach problems for over two years now — once triggered by a double shot of whisky.
Chyros wrote:
Findecanor wrote:
Haha no, what did you think was a reference to that?
".. chased by a giant gaping a**hole monster".

OK, so maybe they're not giant, only a few times as large as a normal butt.

Muirium
µ

05 May 2022, 20:55

To answer the Hey Apple people, why do business with this company? question: the answer is the software platform. Everyone else runs Windows, remember. ;)

Their laptops are pretty good again now too, to put it mildly. I get about 20 hours out of my M1 Air. No heat at all—and no fan—yet blows away an i9 with all its blowers on. Ain’t complaining.

But Apple keyboards? Pfft, aye right! :lol:

natan

06 May 2022, 22:53

As a current user of an Apple Rennie, I can say that a lot of people use them because they're quiet, and they've had it for some time without issue. Don't worry though, I did not buy it myself; I got it second-hand from a family member, and I'd rather use this than my crappy, rattly, kinda loud HP membrane. Yes, the repairability is awful, good luck trying to get the keycaps off, and god help you if you spill one droplet of water on it. Thankfully, I am making myself a fully custom board that will be way better (and quieter!) than this stiff brick of e-waste! :lol:

Elrick

08 May 2022, 05:18

Yeah, thin keyboards are the pits.

Have never even bothered to waste any money on one, because it's best buying a REAL solid depth keyboard, that would last for decades.

The Feeling is where it's at, something the anorexic keyboards lack severely. You might as well draw key caps on cardboard and type with it instead :evilgeek: .

These POP-tart keyboards, of today, are best placed in a toaster and burnt steadily, even if they try to Click, still burn them ;) .

Return to “Reviews”