Cooler Master MS120 review (Cooler Master mem-chanical hybrid)

Chyros

15 Apr 2023, 18:19

Today we look at a hideous mem-chanical contraption by Cooler Master. I have almost nothing good to say about this.

Elrick

06 May 2023, 09:48

CoolerMaster should only stay within their limits here.

Keep making the HAF styled cases because I love them to bits but stay away, from anything related to KEYBOARDS.

Even their mice are somewhat suspect here, eventually fail or break down but their keyboard obsession should be dropped immediately.

Especially trying to force rubber based keyboards into a mechanical classification, it becomes sad on every level. Maybe they are trying to muddy the waters and fool the inept keyboard user into buying it thinking it's cheaper so it must be good category.

YES, you have lots of people who think today that if it's cheaper it might be good, but alas it isn't at least in CoolerMaster territory of make believe. Due to the failed times we're all living in, they might actually sell these type of keyboards purely for having the CM Logo on them.

Shudder to think that CoolerMaster might actually make Corsair styled keyboards look GREAT during 2023 and beyond......

Lanrefni

09 May 2023, 09:13

Elrick wrote:

Keep making the HAF styled cases because I love them to bits but stay away, from anything related to KEYBOARDS.

Even their mice are somewhat suspect here, eventually fail or break down but their keyboard obsession should be dropped immediately.

Especially trying to force rubber based keyboards into a mechanical classification, it becomes sad on every level. Maybe they are trying to muddy the waters and fool the inept keyboard user into buying it thinking it's cheaper so it must be good category.

YES, you have lots of people who think today that if it's cheaper it might be good, but alas it isn't at least in CoolerMaster territory of make believe. Due to the failed times we're all living in, they might actually sell these type of keyboards purely for having the CM Logo on them.

Shudder to think that CoolerMaster might actually make Corsair styled keyboards look GREAT during 2023 and beyond......
I do love my HAF XB EVO,so easy to work in it and so much cooling potential.

davkol

09 May 2023, 21:28

Elrick wrote:

What.

The times of customizable QuickFire (Rapid/XT) models or later NovaTouch and MasterKeys PBT are long gone, so they've dropped off the community's radar. I got my hands on a couple of the low-profile models (w/ Cherry MX LP) and these seemed alright for early modern low-profile keyboards.

Anyway, the same applies to pretty much any brand of consumer products. Okay?

That was a good reminder why I've had Elrick blocked. Too bad phpBB doesn't filter followup quotes.

JBert

10 May 2023, 03:48

Oh hey, they reinvented Fujitsu Peerless switches? wiki/Fujitsu_Peerless

It's interesting to see that they actually added a clicker in this switch.

Elrick

10 May 2023, 09:14

Lanrefni wrote:
09 May 2023, 09:13
I do love my HAF XB EVO,so easy to work in it and so much cooling potential.
Currently, building two HAF 700's with, 13600K setups.

Really easy and heaps of room. This is where CoolerMaster shines, and always deserves my wallet.

Everything else they attempt, is a waste of time and money, best stick with what your good at and never deviate from that.

Common sense approach to business.
davkol wrote:
I got my hands on a couple of the low-profile models (w/ Cherry MX LP) and these seemed alright for early modern low-profile keyboards.
You've always had quite low expectations..... when it came to CM, really odd.
davkol wrote:
Anyway, the same applies to pretty much any brand of consumer products. Okay?
Keyboards are just not in their area of any expertise, hence why waste valuable resources and the environment?

They should only stick with Air and Water Cooling Cases, enough said here.

Keyboards are not in their hemisphere of understanding or production. Best leave that to the professionals with years of experience that can deliver usable and 'keepable' keyboards.

Corsair makes better quality keyboards than CoolerMaster, on any given day, during 2023..... Yet I despise Corsair for their existence.

Return to “Reviews”