Corsair K70 Core review (Corsair MLX Red)

Chyros

02 Dec 2023, 12:40

Is it me that's out of touch or is it them? xD

depletedvespene

02 Dec 2023, 21:33

Yes.

Muirium
µ

03 Dec 2023, 12:02

Quaallity piece of kit. Ssuperbb vaaallue. :lol:

I don’t think it’s a dev team so much as their manager which leads products like this to slide on down the chute. As you saw: their margin must be fat enough to make the bean counters sing, and the reviews purportedly just lap it up. Someone’s doing their job right: but it ain’t you or any poor naïve bastard who buys this junker.

depletedvespene

03 Dec 2023, 15:43

Come to think of it, if those "MLX Red" feel more like MX blacks or even stiffer, perhaps these Corsair switches' actuation point may have actually been 0x45g, but the marketing dept. couldn't make sense of the "0x" bit.

depletedvespene

03 Dec 2023, 15:56

One more thing that I didn't notice until I couldn't not notice it:

Tertiary layer assignments.
Tertiary layer assignments.
K70.png (210.64 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

The English (UK) national layout has exactly two assignments in the tertiary (AltGr) layer: ¦, under AltGr-`, and , under AltGr-4. In one key, the tertiary assignment is placed in the bottom half of the keycap, while in the other, it takes the place of the Shift symbol and forces the latter to go down.

This does not bode well for all the other "international" layouts Corsair might want to stick on to their keyboard, which have quite more than just two extra characters on their tertiary layers (not to say anything of the fourth).

I'll bite my tongue about the crimes against typography that Corsair is already infamous for. I won't say anything about the adirectional quote sign, other than... [tongue bitten]

Return to “Reviews”