8BitDo keyboard review (Kailh Box White v2)

Chyros

09 Mar 2024, 14:01

Quite excited for this review; we take a look at the 8BitDo keyboard! With the new Kailh Box White v2 switches in it, no less. Next week I'll be putting out a TDXL video of this board with Clickiez in it, that should be good too ^^ . Hope you like the video!

artur3632

13 Mar 2024, 15:13

I love the design, I wish there were more keyboards like this (or maybe I just can't find them?)

Touch_It

13 Mar 2024, 16:17

Such a pretty keyboard.

Go-Kart

18 Mar 2024, 11:50

I'd buy a full size one.

Man from Mars

20 Mar 2024, 11:42

Go-Kart wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 11:50
I'd buy a full size one.
I'd buy an ISO one!

Findecanor

29 Mar 2024, 19:59

Ars Technica has reviewed a Commodore-themed one. (They even linked to a YT video of Chyros reviewing an original C64 keyboard in the article)

This model explains why the shape of the power-LED was shaped like the C64's on the NES-themed keyboard: it was planned all along but with they didn't want to make multiple case styles.
Same layout and features. Different colourway and sticker. No PETSCII legends :(

Chyros

30 Mar 2024, 01:12

Findecanor wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 19:59
Ars Technica has reviewed a Commodore-themed one. (They even linked to a YT video of Chyros reviewing an original C64 keyboard in the article)

This model explains why the shape of the power-LED was shaped like the C64's on the NES-themed keyboard: it was planned all along but with they didn't want to make multiple case styles.
Same layout and features. Different colourway and sticker. No PETSCII legends :(
Even AT misspelt my nickname, all three times even. I think I see it misspelt more often in the comments than spelt correctly xD . What is it about "Chyrosran" that's so difficult to read?! xD

tactica

30 Mar 2024, 01:50

They shortened the article (it used to span 2 pages) and it is correct now.

Chyros

30 Mar 2024, 20:50

tactica wrote:
30 Mar 2024, 01:50
They shortened the article (it used to span 2 pages) and it is correct now.
But but but, it isn't? xD

"The keyboard enthusiast known as Chryosran22 on YouTube shared a video examining a Commodore 64 keyboard's switches, which included external coil springs and used a PCB. He described the switches as leaning toward "stiff and scratchy" but feeling better than some other keyboards from that time period. Chryosran22 added that the keys had a "strange sensation just before bottoming out. Right before the end, the spring puts up quite a bit of resistance, which gives the key feel a rather unique twist to it. It's almost as if it's really, really mushy—without being mushy."

"There's no rubber in there, but it feels like the last bit is made up of chewing gum or something," Chryosran22 said in his video."

tactica

31 Mar 2024, 00:26

Doh, you're right... Dunno what happened, my eyes deceived me, sorry :)

TBH until not long ago I was sure your nick on YT was "Chyrosan22" so... :roll:

Chyros

31 Mar 2024, 13:41

tactica wrote:
31 Mar 2024, 00:26
Doh, you're right... Dunno what happened, my eyes deceived me, sorry :)

TBH until not long ago I was sure your nick on YT was "Chyrosan22" so... :roll:
You're not the only one dude, like I said, for some reason everyone seems to misread it :lol: .

Return to “Reviews”