Keyboard Love Story VI - Noppoo Choc Mini (White PBT)

codehead

20 Jul 2012, 18:49

As I said in the previous part, it was a good day - I got two new keyboards. The second one was the white Noppoo Choc Mini with PBT keycaps. The only reason I wanted it was the PBT keycaps. So I went on and bought one from a fellow member attarian. There were no Noppoos with MX blue switches left so I took the next best option for me, MX browns.

There’s not much I can say about the Noppoo white that I haven’t said in my review of the Noppoo black. Well, the packaging has a nice little extra touch on it; the box is all about POM keycaps but “PBT” is simply written on the box with a marker pen. To quote the box: Yeah, but Who Care? :P

Enjoy the pictures of these thick PBTs!

Except the white color, PBT keycaps and MX Brown switches there isn't practically any differences with my Noppoo Choc Mini with Black POM keycaps. It's all the same. But they did notice a couple of details when turning it into white. The USB cable is white and also the mounting plate is white(ish) as well as the LEDs. Quite nice.

But hey, now I was able to do my own Noppoo Choc Mini with PBT keycaps and Cherry MX blue switches!

Despite the fact that I really enjoy typing on it and the MX blue Noppoo with PBT keycaps is my current favorite, the saga continues... It had become clear that I was in danger of falling into the keyboard hoarding zone. Therefore, I made a decision to sell my Ducky and Filco since those I didn't use actively anymore. The Noppoos and IBM had replaced them. Since I put the boards on sale, I justified myself another purchase. While waiting for the Noppoo white to arrive, I’d already placed an order for my first ALPS board ever... But that’s another story!

mr_frag

20 Jul 2012, 22:02

Good review! i was searching a noppo white with mxbrowns and pbt keycaps, do u know if attarian has one left for me? :D

codehead

23 Jul 2012, 07:37

mr_frag wrote:Good review! i was searching a noppo white with mxbrowns and pbt keycaps, do u know if attarian has one left for me? :D
At least his Amazon store seems to be out of stock. Only MX blacks left. Search "noppoo choc" on Amazon.fr.

Return to “Reviews”