GMK / Cherry doubleshot modifier packs (complete?)

DanGWanG

28 Mar 2013, 07:01

I approve of the new close date

mintberryminuscrunch

28 Mar 2013, 07:14

IvanIvanovich wrote:If I can get them to do that they will come to me, so if the buy still ends up fail I can have the only ones in the world muhahahahahaha. :twisted:
They'll be worth thousands :D
(and ppl will ask why no one is doing a GB for them *sigh*)

rindorbrot

28 Mar 2013, 10:59

You already have the only arrow keys Ivan, don't be even more greedy ;-)

IvanIvanovich

28 Mar 2013, 14:11

If this buy succeeds, the samples will go to some lucky person with thier order. I will use invoice numbers to determine it with random drawing.

rindorbrot

28 Mar 2013, 14:14

Please draw mine then :twisted:

pheo

28 Mar 2013, 14:15

IvanIvanovich wrote:If this buy succeeds, the samples will go to some lucky person with thier order. I will use invoice numbers to determine it with random drawing.
I dont know the others, or how it is done on others GB, but I think fair enough that the organizer/manager keeps the samples for himself. After all the work he must do! It is the least.

IvanIvanovich

28 Mar 2013, 19:14

I just thought it would be nice, especially since I am not likely to use them myself.

Sputnik

28 Mar 2013, 22:53

IvanIvanovich wrote:I decide to extend the end date to 20 April.
I don't know how much it will help but I also keep trying to negotiate GMK on the numbers.
Anything that will bring us these caps is approved - DOT
Having GMK raw plastic in our colors at home could make numbers a bit negotiable..... :?:
Let's hope...

pasph

02 Apr 2013, 00:08

If i understand correctly we have decided that shipping will be DE->US->individuals
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=410 ... #msg839635
So instead of paying 19% german vat + shipping from DE to IT i should pay shipping from DE to US + shipping from US to IT + 21% italian vat?

IvanIvanovich

02 Apr 2013, 00:21

The initial bulk shipment will be paid by me, so you will have to pay shipping from USA, and your local vat only if you don't want me to undervalue the customs form.

TDub

02 Apr 2013, 01:55

pasph wrote:If i understand correctly we have decided that shipping will be DE->US->individuals
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=410 ... #msg839635
So instead of paying 19% german vat + shipping from DE to IT i should pay shipping from DE to US + shipping from US to IT + 21% italian vat?
So did I understand this correctly? Even for people in Germany, the shippment will go straight to the US and then back?

mintberryminuscrunch

02 Apr 2013, 06:42

If it goes to Germany first, we would have to pay 19% vat on all of them. :-(
Though there is still the possibility to send (a part of) the eu orders to Germany and rest to the US.

pheo

02 Apr 2013, 08:41

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:If it goes to Germany first, we would have to pay 19% vat on all of them. :-(
Though there is still the possibility to send (a part of) the eu orders to Germany and rest to the US.
Just throwing ideas. I guess that a US citizen is vat free for purchase in EU. But is mandatory to send the whole set to US to not pay the vat? I mean if a US citizen buys something in Germany and asks it to be sent to somebody else in Germany but the invoice is to a name and paid by the US citizen. can't it be done? Then the German fellow split the shipment to EU and to US.

guilleguillaume

02 Apr 2013, 08:58

Do you really expect GMK to send a whole package with tons of keys not declaring the right value? You'll have to pay anyways when it reaches USA customs and I don't expect the taxes to be low at all so in the end we'll be facing a similar price in my opinion.

mintberryminuscrunch

02 Apr 2013, 09:30

pheo wrote:... I mean if a US citizen buys something in Germany and asks it to be sent to somebody else in Germany but the invoice is to a name and paid by the US citizen. can't it be done? Then the German fellow split the shipment to EU and to US.
he already asked, no.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

02 Apr 2013, 09:44

pheo wrote:[…] I guess that a US citizen is vat free for purchase in EU. […]
Wrong. Not a US citizen, a US resident is. And that, of course, only if the goods leave the EU.

TDub

02 Apr 2013, 10:38

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:If it goes to Germany first, we would have to pay 19% vat on all of them. :-(
In that case I would suggest at least sending all German Orders to someone in Germany rather then the US. We Germans will most likely pay the VAT anyways in form of import taxes (maybe even more) + shipping from the US. This is of course provided GMK is willing to sort and split the order to make this possible.

tinnie

02 Apr 2013, 11:09

Just a suggestion.

As I'm living in a country (Hong Kong) that almost don't have import tax and vat, and the postage here is quite cheap, around 6 usd for one mod pack, tracking included, I'm able to help you guys to receive the caps and send out it. (And I'll bullshit the declare value so you don't need to pay vat.)

IvanIvanovich

02 Apr 2013, 16:52

I shouldn't have to pay any import tax or custom fee either. Sure shipping is a little more for international from USA. Nothing against anyone else but I feel better being 100% control and responsible of my buys from now on.

Jmneuv

10 Apr 2013, 11:50

Are there news on moq and order numbers?

LechnerDE

10 Apr 2013, 12:05

Oh boy, those numbers...

If it changed anything I'd order a second modifier set, but basically this is what EVERYONE has to do right now to reach MOQ.

It would be terrible if this ruined the possibility of full sets from GMK in the future.

TDub

10 Apr 2013, 13:41

LechnerDE wrote:Oh boy, those numbers...

If it changed anything I'd order a second modifier set, but basically this is what EVERYONE has to do right now to reach MOQ.

It would be terrible if this ruined the possibility of full sets from GMK in the future.
I think some people (me included) already doubled their orders :(

IvanIvanovich

10 Apr 2013, 16:16

Yes and all those that can afford to do that have really been a huge help. GMK provided some more sample as photo only which I have added to the OP in the hope of drawing some more sales. I also let them know where we stand on orders this morning.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 Apr 2013, 16:43

Make them black on beige and I'm in! :mrgreen:

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

10 Apr 2013, 16:51

Nice samples, they really should send them to you so you can pair it with your black on beige set. It's gonna look fantastisch!

guilleguillaume

10 Apr 2013, 17:27

The new samples look fantastic.

Jmneuv

10 Apr 2013, 17:54

Ahh those samples look fantastic ... (normally i'm not exactly a fan of purple, i don't recognize myself)

bigfatmc

10 Apr 2013, 21:22

Purple looks very nice, I can't decide on what goddamn caps I want. If this was fullset I would get thid 100%

IvanIvanovich

10 Apr 2013, 22:00

If this goes well, next up will be more parts of making a full set.

kekstee

10 Apr 2013, 22:06

I'd consider doubling as well, if it makes this happen somehow.

Return to “Group buys”