[IC] Tai Hao Double Shot Keycap Set

elton5354

19 May 2013, 20:51

Hi there,

We are doing a group buy for Tai Hao DS 104 key cap set.

Because they don't do DS on the windows and menu keys, we opted to replace them with blanks. Also no 6.25x space bars. They do have 5x and 7x though.

More information here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43668.0

ORDER HERE
Company: Tai-Hao

Type of Mold: ABS Double Shot

Profile: OEM

Available Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Green, and Yellow.

MOQ: 500

Price: $8.00 USD per set (104 keys).

Minimum Order: 2 set per person minimum. At this price point I hope 2 set is not a lot to ask and we're trying to push to meet the MOQ also reduce the amount of shipping work for the organizer.

Too good to be true? Well the catch is they can't produce 6.25 spacebar and 1.25 window and menu keys. But they can do blanks for 1.25 window and menu keys, spacebar will be tricky.

Last edited by elton5354 on 21 May 2013, 14:57, edited 5 times in total.

bigfatmc

19 May 2013, 21:19

Do they have 1.5 mods then?

elton5354

19 May 2013, 21:27

bigfatmc wrote:Do they have 1.5 mods then?
They only mentioned 1x and 1.25x blanks are available, but I'll ask.

Halvar

19 May 2013, 22:48

Nice! So many questions still open:
  • So do you already know what keys exactly will be in a set modifier-wise and which ones have to be bought extra?
  • Will there be a 7x and/or 5x spacebar comprised in the sets?
  • I get it that the caps lock key is without step and center stemmed, right?
  • Is this still valid: "HOWEVER she says only alpha can have color rest will be black, by alpha I'm guessing 37 key."? Is Hyde's guess right? For example, I see coloured arrow keys in the photo above.

elton5354

19 May 2013, 23:16

Halvar wrote:Nice! So many questions still open:
  • So do you already know what keys exactly will be in a set modifier-wise and which ones have to be bought extra?
  • Will there be a 7x and/or 5x spacebar comprised in the sets?
  • I get it that the caps lock key is without step and center stemmed, right?
  • Is this still valid: "HOWEVER she says only alpha can have color rest will be black, by alpha I'm guessing 37 key."? Is Hyde's guess right? For example, I see coloured arrow keys in the photo above.
I'm curious about the modifiers only being black and not coloured as well. I just emailed them with plenty of questions. Just awaiting a response.

Most likely the caps lock will be OEM like Filco's.

Just checked some pictures in that thread. There is a coloured caps lock, so we'll see.. I hope the mods are coloured as well.

http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8 ... t5028.html

Also this picture have coloured mods as well

Halvar

19 May 2013, 23:43

Yes, and she also writes "All 104 keys with single colour like red, yellow, blue..." (in the filco picture above). Looking forward to seeing her answers to your questions... I still can't really believe it...

matt3o
-[°_°]-

19 May 2013, 23:49

$8.00 USD per set
now someone who gives the real value to little bits of plastic :P

elton5354

20 May 2013, 06:56

Some updates

The 500 MOQ is only for a single color.

For anyone who wants their menu keys and windows keys pad printed it will cost an extra $.20 per key. No extras for blanks.
- they also offer this Serigraphic plate printing. Not sure what that is. Can anyone chime in on this? That would be an extra $120

They offer 1.5x blank mods as well, but awaiting for the price.

They only offer 5x and 7x space bars, and would require 500 MOQ for each, so each set would require one of the two offered.

There was a question regarding the modifiers not being coloured, but it was confirmed that they will coloured and will be double injected.

They also mentioned that they might arrange door to door express service - not sure what that means either, but awaiting confirmation.

jpatters

20 May 2013, 09:11

Are the stabilized keys not included at all?

elton5354

20 May 2013, 13:39

Do you mean the parts you put under the cap for co star stabilizers? If so, they do offer it, but that is extra.

elton5354

21 May 2013, 03:38

Group buy is up. Please submit a new order.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43745.0

ORDER HERE

Return to “Group buys”