PBT dyesubs 104/105 sets round2 (complete)

IvanIvanovich

29 Oct 2013, 20:02

Order has arrived. Will check sets for complete/defect and then begin the packing.

rindorbrot

29 Oct 2013, 20:10

That's good news! Can't wait for pictures ;)

rindorbrot

12 Nov 2013, 19:43

My set arrived today, thanks Ivan!

Kurk

13 Nov 2013, 22:01

White/red + white/red =
Filcofullreddyesubs.jpg
Filcofullreddyesubs.jpg (265.77 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
:D

Sorry, the white balance is way off - too much red in there ;)

The only minor flaw is the white Caps Lock key.

LechnerDE

14 Nov 2013, 09:12

Kurk wrote:The only minor flaw is the white Caps Lock key.
The sets look good, but for me this isn't just a minor flaw. The off color is driving me nuts and I haven't used any of my 4 sets due to this :(

Hopefully this can be resolved in Ivan's next IMSTO GB!

IvanIvanovich

14 Nov 2013, 17:30

Just drill your keyboard PCB to move the switch so you can use the stepped one :P

It's sounding like the factory wants to be a problem about this... so it looks like fulltouch caps lock won't be fixed at this time. I won't do any more 2tone sets with them until they can do it right.

LechnerDE

14 Nov 2013, 17:36

IvanIvanovich wrote:Just drill your keyboard PCB to move the switch so you can use the stepped one :P
It's not that easy or is it? Wouldn't I have to make new connections and stuff to move the switch?

Kurk

14 Nov 2013, 18:58

Probably less involved than an ISO-to-ANSI conversion but still quite some work.
http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/iso- ... -t155.html

kbdfr
The Tiproman

14 Nov 2013, 19:37

LechnerDE wrote:
IvanIvanovich wrote:Just drill your keyboard PCB to move the switch so you can use the stepped one :P
It's not that easy or is it? Wouldn't I have to make new connections and stuff to move the switch?
I would suggest modding the stepped keycap instead.

IvanIvanovich

14 Nov 2013, 19:43

Sorry, I was being non serious... though it would be a solution. You would have to drill at least 3 holes for the switch center post and contacts 5 holes if you use PCB mount switch with the fixing pins, then use wire to jumper it to the original pads. Any plate would also have to be cut to accommodate as well. It's feasible but for most not really practical.
Modding the keyboard, though it would have advantage as it would be permanent for use all stepped Cherry caps lock in future from vintage board or etc.

rindorbrot

14 Nov 2013, 21:11

To post it here as well:

If someone has ordered a blank kit and does not need the numpad, please PM me!

Return to “Group buys”