15 Mar 2014, 11:24

Only icon iso enter for me.
A stripe can be interesting if wouldn't make bleed eyes

rindorbrot

15 Mar 2014, 11:43

my vote for Icon ISO Enter!

zulios

15 Mar 2014, 11:57

matt3o wrote:do you guys want an utility kit? (cut/paste/undo/save/etc...)
yes please !

kakarlsen

15 Mar 2014, 11:59

My priority for ISO enter:
1) Icon
2) Text
3) Blank

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2014, 12:06

Sounds about right to me, too. But blank goes better with either of the above than the wrong one of either of the above!

I'll set about proposing some changes to the Pear kit today, but first I've more Teensies to post before they close…
Last edited by Muirium on 15 Mar 2014, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.

imbattable

15 Mar 2014, 12:07

I'd prefer text to match the text RGB modifiers. Or inversely, icon RGB modifiers to match the icon enter ;)

I have no strong preference towards either, but I want to have it consistent.

jdeblese

15 Mar 2014, 12:33

I prefer icon on the numpad enter, but that's because I'm already getting a text vertical enter with the ergodoxian.

Ichigo87

15 Mar 2014, 12:52

matt3o wrote:probably the icon ISO Enter would better fit any installation...
no blank please, text or symbol but both would be perfect.

Blank should be an option but there is no need for group buy to buy blank from sp.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 13:11

Okay let's try like this :) You better enlarge it!

And this is blank

Ichigo87 wrote:
matt3o wrote:probably the icon ISO Enter would better fit any installation...
no blank please, text or symbol but both would be perfect.

Blank should be an option but there is no need for group buy to buy blank from sp.
this is generally a good point, but you'd save on shipping anyway.

imbattable

15 Mar 2014, 14:01

brb talking to my bank...

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2014, 14:08

Looking good!

I want to take control of the Pear kit, though! For instance: the brightness and Exposé keys (great to see them back) same colour as the others, please; because my keyboards have those shortcuts in different places and I'd rather a consistent colour scheme.

Also I so want to turn those 1.25u CMD keys into ^ Controls. Any Mac users here against it?

Also also: still want to see that 6.0 unit space bar! Won't someone please think of the Topre adapters?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 14:42

Muir, we do not have 6u spacebar in PBT and I desperately need one...

Re Pear kit I'd like to see more support for it... is it really for Muirium only?

Possible colors

imbattable

15 Mar 2014, 14:49

RBH/BCT/VAZ is more vibrant, while RAA/BDJ/VCH is less contrasting, but fits the color scheme as well.

I'd prefer RBH/BCT/VAZ.

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2014, 14:49

matt3o wrote:Muir, we do not have 6u spacebar in PBT and I desperately need one...
Ah, of course, the difference between ABS and PBT tooling strikes again. Reckon you could match us up an ABS colour so we can have a 6.0 space bar of some sort? (Bet I already nagged you about which colour rings you have, and I've already forgotten…)
matt3o wrote:Re Pear kit I'd like to see more support for it... is it really for Muirium only?
There's definitely some Mac users here besides me. But I lead the pack in being vocal.

As for the colours: I prefer the top, brighter set, but both are quite mouth watering!

jdeblese

15 Mar 2014, 15:15

Colors: hard to say without seeing keys, as do we want more or less contrast? I think RAA/BDJ/VCH fits with the light grey color scheme better, but couldn't say which I'd prefer on keys.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 16:12

I have a spacebar in BDJ and it's GORGEOUS. A very bright and cheerful light blue... but I don't know... the less saturated colors are a safer bet, and I hate safer bets.

drrtyrokka

15 Mar 2014, 17:51

This way, I really will have to get the Icon Modifiers and Icon Pro Kit, just to get the 1.25 Shift for German Layout...
Quite an overkill, if I don't want to get the rbg mods... Is this meant to be like that?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 18:06

it is really impossible to make everybody happy. if I put the shift into the ISO enter we pay two setups, which means $15 instead of $6.

I understand that now you have to buy the whole pro-kit but that should be a kit 90% of you should want anyway :)

I'm open to suggestions.

drrtyrokka

15 Mar 2014, 18:11

Hmm...

You could just add the Shift to the Modifiers...

imbattable

15 Mar 2014, 18:14

Yeah, that would be better. The idea to put the ISO left shift into the Pro pack was brought up by you, before alphas and modifiers were separated. Back then it made sense, now not so much anymore.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 18:15

the base kit should be the cheapest (and I already split it in mods and alpha).

I could place the shifts in the intl kits. I dunno.

drrtyrokka

15 Mar 2014, 18:16

Yea... this would be a solution, I have to buy the German kit anyway.
Just don't know if this will suit others needs...hope so :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 18:21

there would be another solution. make the ISO kit bigger, so the cost per key would be lower (the cost of the setup would be spread among more keys), but at the end I believe what you pay is more or less the same, with the difference that like it is now you get a lot of extra keys.

drrtyrokka

15 Mar 2014, 18:35

But adding the ISO shift to the basekit wouldn't hurt that much I think, it is just one key and the setup is already used...
I would prefer this way.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 18:52

I'll think about it. I have another couple of days.

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2014, 19:03

drrtyrokka wrote:But adding the ISO shift to the basekit wouldn't hurt that much I think, it is just one key and the setup is already used...
I would prefer this way.
I favour it too — on logical grounds — even though I'll inevitably buy both of them anyway. Just keep it out of the international kits, please! That would be murder…

fart_toast

15 Mar 2014, 19:05

There is no point having just the ISO enter by itself, anyone who buys that will need the other ISO keys, like the short shift, too. I don't think it's good to have to buy a whole international kit plus a whole pro kit plus the ISO enter just to get an ISO language :/

scottc

15 Mar 2014, 19:10

fart_toast wrote:There is no point having just the ISO enter by itself, anyone who buys that will need the other ISO keys, like the short shift, too. I don't think it's good to have to buy a whole international kit plus a whole pro kit plus the ISO enter just to get an ISO language :/
Yes there is, right here on the previous page:
matt3o wrote:if I put the shift into the ISO enter we pay two setups, which means $15 instead of $6.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 19:12

fart_toast wrote:There is no point having just the ISO enter by itself
Sometimes I feel nobody's listening to me...

edit: thank you scottc

fart_toast

15 Mar 2014, 19:15

OK, I understand now. I think putting the short shift in the pro kit then makes it compulsory for all ISO users, we already have to but extra languages just to get our language of preference. Therefore agree with putting the short shift in with the mods or something?

Return to “Group buys”