IC/Discussion on beige set

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 19:28

I agree with you guys, the problem is with the other 80% of the orders that won't use ISO.

Nuum

15 Mar 2014, 19:39

Couldn't we but the ISO shift into the language packs? I think almost every language in there needs it anyway, same goes for the ISO enter and AltGr, but I don't know, wether that would lead to the same problem with the ISO enter as before.

scottc

15 Mar 2014, 19:41

UK ISO. IE ISO.

Edit: Actually, I'm wrong! UK ISO users still need one of the language packs...

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2014, 19:49

I'm an ANSI US user who happens to have more ISO keyboards in MX, so all I'm after is 1.25 shift and ISO return.

scottc

15 Mar 2014, 19:51

Same here.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 19:56

ok. so.

1.25 shift in the mods kit.

AltGr keys in the pro kit (as it is now).

let's see how GH reposnds to that (aaaah the heresy! aaaah the shame!!! aaaah we are all gonna dieee)

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2014, 20:00

Give 'em some candy and they'll be fine.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 20:15

what do you think of a "homing" arrow (it's square so you can put it in any direction).

That might help to find the arrow cluster for 65% and 75% layouts

Muirium
µ

15 Mar 2014, 20:34

Rather neat idea, actually.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 20:48

Getting closer. Few updates here and there.

Changelog
- added homing arrow
- moved 1.25 shift into the modes
- added windowed blank keys

I'm still unsure about the YO kit... sound your voice if you really want it.

Also since I got basically no feedback about the Pear kit I either drop it reduce it to the bone or let Muirium make it anyway he pleases.
Last edited by matt3o on 15 Mar 2014, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

15 Mar 2014, 20:50

Would actually be nice with homing arrow keys as I sometimes press the key to the left of the arrow cluster.

Also a WASD set! (I'm watching EMS Katowice atm, so don't blame me)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 20:51

WASD in what color?

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

15 Mar 2014, 20:59

Red would be a classic, I guess (I'm not particularly fond of black on red)
But it would be cool just keep it white(ish) and have the legend in a color, maybe in blue so it matches the Enter key.
Or some fancy icon/image... but I don't have a suggestion for that atm.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Mar 2014, 21:00

what about pure white instead :) with red or blue legends?

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

15 Mar 2014, 21:04

so it's not the same "white" as the rest of the alpha keys?
But red font might be better than blue as the Alt Gr legends is already blue.

Nuum

15 Mar 2014, 21:16

Same white/light grey with colored legends would be fine for me. It's a bit inconspicuous, but I'd like it.

Vierax

15 Mar 2014, 21:26

The homing arrow is a nice idea :)
AltGr in Pro kit and ISO shift in the base modifier set is good to me. I don't know why GHers will blame that since GB are always preventing them to have the few unused parts. Apparently they doesn't like to buy unused, so ISO user neither but we have to deal with that all the time.
The YO caps, why not but I doubt it will be used without RGB so maybe merging them is good (having blank/text/icon RGBYO kit) I might be interested to buy one, it will depend on prices.
The windowed kit is awesome !

Maybe gamers would like to have the wasd keys in deep dished, won't they ?

pasph

15 Mar 2014, 22:06

First was beige set, then grey, now with just a touch of blue, red, green, yellow and orange.
Can i have a purple stripe? :-D

jdeblese

15 Mar 2014, 22:25

Vierax wrote:The homing arrow is a nice idea :)
The YO caps, why not but I doubt it will be used without RGB so maybe merging them is good (having blank/text/icon RGBYO kit) I might be interested to buy one, it will depend on prices.
I'd be careful with merging, as you may get people who are only interested in RGB dropping the kit altogether then, seeing as the price will go up.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Mar 2014, 00:02

pasph wrote:First was beige set, then grey, now with just a touch of blue, red, green, yellow and orange.
Can i have a purple stripe? :-D
don't look at me. I just wanted a Model M replica.

fart_toast

16 Mar 2014, 00:24

Likewise, a nice model M -ish PBT dyesub set would be very stylish ^^ no weird and wonderful colours for mr bland right here!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Mar 2014, 00:27

people don't see the beauty in beige. Just cold, sad neutral gray.

maybe next time...

Yslen

16 Mar 2014, 00:29

It's all about the warmth!

fart_toast

16 Mar 2014, 00:33

matt3o wrote:what about pure white instead :) with red or blue legends?
I like the WASD suggestion. I think many would use a set. The classic red background maybe a good idea. I don't know if pure white would make the off white alphas just look like they're dirty and the WASD might not look like it's meant to be the same/complimentary set. It has to stand out though, hmmm. Just red dyesub on the same background colour as the rest of the alphas might not be enough? Anyone got a miracle suggestion?

Tldr: yes please do WASD :p

imbattable

16 Mar 2014, 01:09

I never understood the appeal of WASD keys in a different color. The only time I look at my keyboard is when I need some rarely used special character, so I need legends on the keys. But while gaming, the keys themselves never mattered to me, only their relative position in muscle memory. Or I don't play enough FPS anymore ;)

scottc

16 Mar 2014, 01:46

I, for one, like getting WASD sets even though I know they're a bit silly. :D

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Mar 2014, 09:01

imbattable wrote:I never understood the appeal of WASD keys in a different color. The only time I look at my keyboard is when I need some rarely used special character, so I need legends on the keys. But while gaming, the keys themselves never mattered to me, only their relative position in muscle memory. Or I don't play enough FPS anymore ;)
I believe the reason is purely cosmetics.

Anyway I'll add a WASD kit.

Muirium
µ

16 Mar 2014, 09:49

Throw in what you need for AZERTY compatibility and watch some people lose their heads!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

16 Mar 2014, 09:58

and shut the f-up

fart_toast

16 Mar 2014, 11:03

^^^ Is the WASD white or the colour to match the rest of the alphas here? Good selection...rapidly realising that I am going to have to live off of baked beans alone for a few weeks to afford my order! xD

Return to “Group buys”