Cherry MX and Matias switches

Sayso

27 Mar 2014, 18:10

MXLOCK/NW |sold out|-----|---|MX1A-31NW <- Do I PM the bot for this one ?

7bit

27 Mar 2014, 18:26

No:

MXLOCK

we had the NW variant already, now comes the NN!

weilung

27 Mar 2014, 18:28

hi 7bit.. any idea when order number 554 will ship? :P

7bit

27 Mar 2014, 18:32

When I got the MXDARKGREY from the GH60 group buy.
:roll:

weilung

27 Mar 2014, 18:37

okay.... THANKS!<3 :D

Muirium
µ

27 Mar 2014, 18:43

7bit wrote:No:

MXLOCK

With or without pins? I forget the code's polarity. Hint: Pins are more easily removed than added…

weilung

27 Mar 2014, 18:49

sorry for bothering you again 7bit, but can i add mxlocks onto order 554 even though i've fully paid it? if yes, do i just pm the bot with the additional mx locks i want, or do i do a new order?

olive

27 Mar 2014, 18:51

weilung wrote:sorry for bothering you again 7bit, but can i add mxlocks onto order 554 even though i've fully paid it? if yes, do i just pm the bot with the additional mx locks i want, or do i do a new order?
Just pm the bot and you will get an updated invoice.

weilung

27 Mar 2014, 18:55

thanks!

Sayso

27 Mar 2014, 19:39

MXLOCK

ordered ;)

7bit

27 Mar 2014, 20:12

Muirium wrote:

MXLOCK

With or without pins? I forget the code's polarity. Hint: Pins are more easily removed than added…
I tried once and was not able to do it. There exist ca. 1000 MXLOCK/NW (with pins) on this planet, so I will not order 4000 with pins again!
:-)

LechnerDE

27 Mar 2014, 20:54

I am a bit confused now. I got my order #0258 today, although it was supposed to go to the GH60 guys for assembly.

What's up with that? I mean I ordered these switches on April 12th 2013 :D

elllit

27 Mar 2014, 20:57

7bit wrote:I've got enough clears to ship all orders right now.

Deadline for MXLOCK: 31 March 2014!!
:shock: --- :cry: --- :o --- :? --- :roll: --- :evilgeek:

hehehe, alright:

Added some switches (including MXLOCK!),
Paid (PAYEUR),
Asked for SHIPNOW (paid a little more to cover additional shipment)

7bit

27 Mar 2014, 21:32

LechnerDE wrote:I am a bit confused now. I got my order #0258 today, although it was supposed to go to the GH60 guys for assembly.
What's up with that? I mean I ordered these switches on April 12th 2013 :D
Didn't you want it shipped to you directly?
:?

LechnerDE

27 Mar 2014, 21:53

7bit wrote: Didn't you want it shipped to you directly?
:?
Well no. I followed the instructions in the GB and added the line GH60 to get them shipped to the GH60 guys.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41464.0

How to order switches
We have changed the "official" way of ordering switches.
The switches will be handled by 7bit @ deskthority.
In order to order your switches, register an account on the deskthority forum and go to http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t2760.html to see what's available and how to write messages to the bot. Please remember that the PCB-mounted switches have names ending with "/NW". For plate-mounted GH60 you need the standard switches, without that suffix.
Please take the switches available in preorder. Their prices are lower, and they will be available in September/October.
In the end of your message to the bot please include a single line containing the text: "GH60" (without the apostrophes). This will mean your switches will be sent to one of the distributors of GH60, which will allow to save on shipping. Alternatively, you can order switches in the same thread on your own, and not have them sent to us. Please remember, that you need to add GH60 if you have checked the "Assembly" option in the GH60 form, unless you want to send the switches to us on your own.

Example switch order for a GH60 poker layout with cherry mx blue on a plate to be sent to user CherryMX @ deskthority:
MXBLUEP 61
GH60
your@email_address.com

tups

28 Mar 2014, 01:39

7bit wrote:I've got no blacks and about 6 dark greys. I can ship you everything except the black.
So one message contradicts the other. And you still didn't send. Go figure...

GhostofHarry

28 Mar 2014, 03:21

So the price of MX Lock we buy from u is 1.2 EUR?
Is this correct?

7bit

28 Mar 2014, 08:36

Obviously.

7bit

28 Mar 2014, 08:41

tups wrote:
7bit wrote:I've got no blacks and about 6 dark greys. I can ship you everything except the black.
So one message contradicts the other. And you still didn't send. Go figure...
Sorry, but where is one figure contradicting the other?

Had GH60 ordered everything from me, I would have been able to deliver, but they decided to order some switches from somewhere else, so I had no other choice. There are simply too few orders for blacks and darkgreys.

mohitgarg

28 Mar 2014, 12:18

I'm confused.

Can I place an order for MX Lock or not? Plate or PCB mounted doesn't make a difference, and what is the pricing on them?

7bit

28 Mar 2014, 13:10

Yes, I take orders for MXLOCK and the price is 1.20 EUR per switch!

oystein.krog

28 Mar 2014, 17:20

7bit: I don't really understand the bot..
I sent the SHIPNOW command on Monday as I don't want the entire order (#0542) to be delayed because of greys and darkgreys, but the email I received still only lists shipping costs as 4, surely I should pay more if the packages will be sent separately?
My poor ergodox is just lying here all naked:P

7bit

28 Mar 2014, 17:33

I've shipped your order yesterday:

oystein.krog

28 Mar 2014, 17:36

Wooo!

Vierax

29 Mar 2014, 08:09

Hi 7bit,

I'm waiting for Blacks and Darkgreys to complete my collection so if I add Locks will you send them in the same pack ? I don't bother to wait another 6months if it's easier to you.

elmin

29 Mar 2014, 08:40

I hate to ask, because obviously you have a lot of questions about this sort of thing, but then again I can't really figure it out based on what the bot is telling me...

Is everything OK with order 0549? Meaning will it ship in the near future without me doing anything else?

Thanks!

7bit

29 Mar 2014, 13:07

Vierax wrote:Hi 7bit,

I'm waiting for Blacks and Darkgreys to complete my collection so if I add Locks will you send them in the same pack ? I don't bother to wait another 6months if it's easier to you.
I'm afraid the black and dark greys will arrive after the MXLOCKs are here.
:o

Just send

SHIPNOW

if you want to have something shipped earlier. Depending on you order volume, I might ship the earlier package for free.

tER299

29 Mar 2014, 16:33

jefferai wrote:
oystein.krog wrote:7bit: I'm sorry to lay claim to your time by asking, but did my order also get in before you ran out?

tER299: I highly recommend buying one of the switch samplers that are out there, I got one from QWER with blue, green, brown, clear, red and black. Helped a lot:)
Sadly, you can't test out Ergo Clears that way. :-)
@ oystein, there really aren't enough keycaps in a tester for me as I tend to hammer my keyboard like it's a game of whack-a-mole, so I'll probably like the tactile greys best 8-)

@ jefferai, I've heard some things about the ergoclears (I think I'll be able to make them with the set of keys I'll receive), but what's so special about them??

Muirium
µ

29 Mar 2014, 16:38

They have a real tactile bump to them (unlike browns) and they aren't heavy (unlike clears). They are what browns could have been. Although Cherry has a fair reason not to make them: they're a bit bindy, it is said…

You'll probably like clears just fine. Don't forget to try greens too. Greys really are too much, and I'm a buckling spring guy so I know heavy switches!

tER299

29 Mar 2014, 19:37

Muirium wrote:They have a real tactile bump to them (unlike browns) and they aren't heavy (unlike clears). They are what browns could have been. Although Cherry has a fair reason not to make them: they're a bit bindy, it is said…

You'll probably like clears just fine. Don't forget to try greens too. Greys really are too much, and I'm a buckling spring guy so I know heavy switches!
Oh, I didn't know that, I thought greens and greys had the same actuation force :? (80 cN)

Return to “Group buys”