Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

25 Apr 2014, 00:58

shawndumas wrote:Should I send a CLEARALL and start again or wait?
From experience, if you try to order a kit that isn't available the bot just doesn't include it - no warning messages.
I'd suggest leaving it for now and checking the invoice when it comes through.
You can then check what you've secured, and as the invoice will also include a list of the exact quantities of available kits, you can send an additional message to add anything else you need.

shawndumas

25 Apr 2014, 01:01

got it, thx

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

25 Apr 2014, 01:03

You're welcome :)
facetsesame wrote:From experience,
7bit, we haven't had the "number of order amendment message" rankings in a while, care to update us?

shawndumas

25 Apr 2014, 01:11

I will win hands down... I am at 11.

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2014, 01:13

11? Ha, newb! Feels like I made at least 20, and not a single one of them CLEARALL.

shawndumas

25 Apr 2014, 01:46

sitting on pins and needles. this is my first ever keycap order...

I'm so very new to this whole space so I want to thank everyone for their help and to apologize for what may seem like silly questions. Just about the only thing that I know for sure is that I am intensely interested in having that set of keycaps. They seem to be hitting me on both an aesthetic and nostalgic level and it's triggering a high level of inducement.

It reminds me of a time when computers held a mystical magical space in my imagination. By the time I could afford a computer the era of cheap keyboards reigned but I was too excited to have my own that I forgot how much better the previous era of keyboards were. Seeing this keycap set stirred all kinds of stuff I totally forgot.

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2014, 02:01

Technically, this is my first key cap GB too. Believe it or not! So long, long ago…

Ordering was easier before the deadline. Too much easier, in fact. I'll be armed for years!

magullo

25 Apr 2014, 08:13

This is also my first order, after lurking this forum for almost a year. Still no invoice, and I suspect alpha are no more available, coupled with 3U spacebar...Let's hope.

whitecitadel

25 Apr 2014, 10:03

Muirium wrote: Ordering was easier before the deadline. Too much easier, in fact. I'll be armed for years!
Yes in some ways I am glad 7bit said one date then closed orders 4 days earlier :roll:
Could have been much worse, at least this way I only have one complete set and just need to buy some of Miurium's leftovers once he has fronted the money and imported the caps and sorted them all for me... :lol: :twisted:

whitecitadel

25 Apr 2014, 10:07

magullo wrote:This is also my first order, after lurking this forum for almost a year. Still no invoice, and I suspect alpha are no more available, coupled with 3U spacebar...Let's hope.
Don't panic, sometimes it takes a while, not sure how the system works and it seems to be "offline" at certain times as well... there was only 1 alpha available that I let go the other day, someone may have got there first but you can make one up with language kits as suggested above...

mzero

25 Apr 2014, 11:40

I don't know how this work so I wonder if I've got the invoice that means the key caps will be reserved and nobody will take them until 7 days? :?:
I'm waiting the updated invoice with tracked shipping and an extra key. I'm patiently waiting for the update, I hope everything is ok.
Many thanks!

whitecitadel

25 Apr 2014, 12:53

Once you have "ordered" the caps they are removed from the list, not sure if the round5 wiki is dynamic or not but it does update every day I think.

If you send something not understood to 7bot it should trigger an invoice. I have had points where for many hours it does not seem to send out invoice. Worst case you can always PM 7bit if your desperate to know...

janvkn

25 Apr 2014, 13:23

Btw, if you pay the invoice, do you get some kind of notification when the payment has been received?

dyger

25 Apr 2014, 13:50

Yes, you get another invoice that looks the same but instead of stating the amount of money you have to pay it says: Everything has been paid up to the penny!

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

25 Apr 2014, 14:11

janvkn wrote:Btw, if you pay the invoice, do you get some kind of notification when the payment has been received?
It just takes a while for the paid up information to make it to 7bit. Then an invoice/status is generated.

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2014, 14:50

What do we PM the bot to get a sweet time lapse video of all these caps in production? I want to see a sea of sphericals!

argcargv

25 Apr 2014, 17:08

janvkn wrote:Btw, if you pay the invoice, do you get some kind of notification when the payment has been received?
Send 7bot this to check your order status:

fhakjshiggnekendjw

Yslen

25 Apr 2014, 20:16

shawndumas wrote:I will win hands down... I am at 11.
I think I managed to surpass that in the first two weeks :P

Madhias
BS TORPE

25 Apr 2014, 20:23

Muirium wrote:What do we PM the bot to get a sweet time lapse video of all these caps in production? I want to see a sea of sphericals!
Very good idea. I would love to see a video of SP or a tour through the production facilitiy. For bicycle equipment there are a lot of factory and behind the scenes videos, and it's always interesting to see where stuff you order is produced. Even when it's boring it would be good!

rindorbrot

25 Apr 2014, 21:59

madhias wrote:
Muirium wrote:What do we PM the bot to get a sweet time lapse video of all these caps in production? I want to see a sea of sphericals!
Very good idea. I would love to see a video of SP or a tour through the production facilitiy. For bicycle equipment there are a lot of factory and behind the scenes videos, and it's always interesting to see where stuff you order is produced. Even when it's boring it would be good!
This Video by Litster is all we got AFAIK.

shawndumas

25 Apr 2014, 22:12

this is what I'm dreaming of Image

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2014, 23:41

I like the all black block. It's going to be tricky to pull off those exact patterns, though.

janvkn

25 Apr 2014, 23:50

Vi(m) user eh? :D

Someone should do a set with arrow legends on those hjkl keys

shawndumas

26 Apr 2014, 00:00

yes please; that'd be spectacular

janvkn

26 Apr 2014, 00:03

Some ideas for sets with black alphas that are still possible:

Last edited by janvkn on 26 Apr 2014, 14:38, edited 1 time in total.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

26 Apr 2014, 00:06

If I was ever to play any part in the hypothetical Dasher replica group buy, I would like to see the vi(m) arrows included just because. We'd have to order a lot of them to justify the legend tooling, though actually it should be checked with SP they don't already have the legends.

In fact, someone out there should run an ADM-3A housing replica group buy...

janvkn

26 Apr 2014, 00:11

facetsesame wrote:We'd have to order a lot of them to justify the legend tooling
Just include them by default in the alpha kit. Don't like? Tough :D

Muirium
µ

26 Apr 2014, 00:19

That's my preferred way to do languages too. "You want this, you really want this, huh? Think you can handle it, punk?"

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

26 Apr 2014, 00:29

Maybe this is also the way to get the PET replica Eurostile Bold Extended white on black doubleshots...

Madhias
BS TORPE

26 Apr 2014, 01:02

I'm playing with some color setups i could do, this is what i currently really like (beside an all white version):

Return to “Group buys”