Phantom pricelist

BiNiaRiS

05 Nov 2011, 05:50

laggy-gaga wrote:juz = just
There is an option for casr in the list that u need to pull down a bit,
$60
Pretty sure that is just a placeholder. We do not have cases yet. This was designed to fit in a filco case.

litster

05 Nov 2011, 06:21

Oh, that. LOL! That is a placeholder that 7bit put on the list. We don't yet have any source for a case. That's why I told 7bit that the list is confusing with parts that we don't have :-)

laggy-gaga

05 Nov 2011, 06:33

That makes sense,
Any deadline for this?
I stilll need some time to figure it out

litster

05 Nov 2011, 06:38

No deadline yet. We are close to finalizing the PCB. BiNiaRiS is going to get a couple plates made for testing, and then we can close to order PCB, plates, and diode parts. that should get those people with switches already to start building.

TOZZIL

05 Nov 2011, 13:42

I'd definetely get one, if I could get a case for cheap somewhere!

7bit

05 Nov 2011, 13:49

TOZZIL wrote:I'd definetely get one, if I could get a case for cheap somewhere!
We are still workig on that problem. Maybe we can get Filco cases, or let some aluminium parts be made to be used to build a case.

Phantom

05 Nov 2011, 14:12

Why nobody wants to order something?

Minskleip

05 Nov 2011, 14:36

I will :)

PHANTOM 1
PH7BIT 1
TEENSY 1

What are dark blue switches?

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Nov 2011, 14:44

Phantom wrote:Why nobody wants to order something?
I could list a bunch of reasons in a wall of text, and combined is why. In short, group buys which work have limited choices, a very simple order system, and you can see the product or prototype.

yench

05 Nov 2011, 15:00

i believe some are turned off by the need to solder. then there is the case problem that hasn't been solved yet (for those who don't own a filco):
7bit wrote:We are still workig on that problem. Maybe we can get Filco cases, or let some aluminium parts be made to be used to build a case.
there is more demand for working boards out of the box then there is for diy boards i suppose. especially when you pay less or about the same for an original filco / leopold or wasd shipped (no discussion that a selfmade board has a lot of advantages over those) when you don't own a case.

now a question:

am i right that the kits don't include diodes? how many switches are included?

Code: Select all

PHANSICLEARKIT  |  1|  125|Teensy/PCB/ANSI plate/MX clear with stabs

TOZZIL

05 Nov 2011, 16:38

7bit wrote:We are still workig on that problem. Maybe we can get Filco cases, or let some aluminium parts be made to be used to build a case.
I'd totally be in if we could get cheap filco cases!

The need to diy and solder all the stuff together makes it even more interesting to me :D

Regards

Tarkoon

05 Nov 2011, 16:47

I would be in, if it's possible to get everything needed for a full keyboard at a good price. But I don't want to risk to have expensive parts laying around without getting the keyboard finished or only with incredible investments...

7bit

05 Nov 2011, 17:26

yench wrote:i believe some are turned off by the need to solder. then there is the case problem that hasn't been solved yet (for those who don't own a filco):
there is more demand for working boards out of the box then there is for diy boards i suppose. especially when you pay less or about the same for an original filco / leopold or wasd shipped (no discussion that a selfmade board has a lot of advantages over those) when you don't own a case.

now a question:

am i right that the kits don't include diodes? how many switches are included?

Code: Select all

PHANSICLEARKIT  |  1|  125|Teensy/PCB/ANSI plate/MX clear with stabs
They do!
These are complete kits to build your own keyboard, except for the case and key caps!

litster

05 Nov 2011, 17:46

Yes, we have quite a few options :D, but not as many as Group Buy 4, LOL! I actually think that we don't have to have a lot of people join the group buy, for a few of reasons. First, this is the first time we do it. If the whole thing is successful, a home run, we can certainly do it again with things we learn from the first run. Second, is that because it requires soldering, it immedidately weed out the noobs. Questions so far are very few, no noob questions at least. third is that the fewer we make the more rare this Phantom keyboard will become. Lower volume may cost a little more. But it is also easier to manage.

My expectation is to get a functional keyboard built in buyers' hand in the next 3 months. For an actual end-user-ready keyboard, it would be a year from now. As the case is super hard to source, both custom CNC aluminum or unbranded cases.

So two pieces of news. TheSoulHunter got back to me. He said he only got a 104 sample before, but will check to see if we can bulk order them. second piece of news is that WASD Keyboards replied my post on GH, he said he will be getting costar stabilizers in Dec or January.

Minskleip

05 Nov 2011, 17:57

Bulk order 104 case?

litster

05 Nov 2011, 18:00

No, I mean bulk order tenkeyless cases.

Return to “Group buys”