Unicomp mini group buy

woody
Count Troller

16 Oct 2011, 21:53

7bit wrote:This may take a while ...
[=5% done=>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
Burp.

pederlol

04 Nov 2011, 16:51

Bump :) Any news from unicomp?

7bit

04 Nov 2011, 17:05

pederlol wrote:Bump :) Any news from unicomp?
Ordering stuff:
[====100%======================================]
Unicomp: getting ordered stuff from the warehouse into shipping container (this may take a while):
[====17%===>---------------------------------------------------------------------]
Sorting and shipping (this may be quite quick):
[0%---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
Actual shipment via USPS (this may take a while):
[0%---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Overall progress:
[====29%=========>---------------------------------------------------------]
:roll:

pederlol

04 Nov 2011, 17:30

Thanks for the quick reply!

lal

04 Nov 2011, 21:56

Wow, I'm really impressed by the slowness of this. It took them only three months to put 17 percent of the stuff from the shelfs into a box?

7bit

04 Nov 2011, 22:00

lal wrote:Wow, I'm really impressed by the slowness of this. It took them only three months to put 17 percent of the stuff from the shelfs into a box?
I've requested an update.

This may take a while

Progression of update of progression:
[0%-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

lal

04 Nov 2011, 22:06

Very funny, ha ha :)

7bit

04 Nov 2011, 22:13

lal wrote:Very funny, ha ha :)
In truth, they wait for the replacement vacuum tubes to repair their data processing machine:
From left to right: Data operator and sales manager, discussing Deskthority mini group-buy request.
:shock:

Grond

04 Nov 2011, 23:37

We should just run an interest check to see if people is interested in a Unicomp group buy. I mean, to buy Unicomp itself! Most people here could run the company better than they do!

Look for this on Google Maps:
510 Henry Clay Boulevard Lexington, Kentucky 40505
The facility is in ruins! Just notice the cracks on the inner parkings!

paat

06 Nov 2011, 14:43

Grond wrote:We should just run an interest check to see if people is interested in a Unicomp group buy. I mean, to buy Unicomp itself! Most people here could run the company better than they do!

Look for this on Google Maps:
510 Henry Clay Boulevard Lexington, Kentucky 40505
The facility is in ruins! Just notice the cracks on the inner parkings!
u made my day :mrgreen:

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Nov 2011, 14:46

7bit

07 Nov 2011, 22:03

Nice :-)

Ordering stuff:
Unicomp: getting ordered stuff from the warehouse into shipping container (this may take a while):
Shipping to distribution facility.
[=====62%====================>---------------------------------]

Overall progress:
[=============57%=========>---------------------------------------]
:lol:

lal

07 Nov 2011, 23:48

*freu*
Thanks!

7bit

08 Nov 2011, 19:24

Ordering stuff:
Shipping to distribution facility.
[=====69%=========================>------------------------]

Overall progress:
[=============62%===========>-----------------------------------]

7bit

15 Nov 2011, 09:21

Ordering stuff:
Shipping to distribution facility:
[==10%==>----------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Overall progress:
[====74%=======================>------------------------------]
:-)

xbb

15 Nov 2011, 10:31

thanks for the update

7bit

15 Nov 2011, 17:18

Ordering stuff:
Shipping to distribution facility:
[====40%==============>------------------------------------------------]
[0%----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Overall progress:
[====82%=========================>--------------------------]
:o

TacticalCoder

15 Nov 2011, 20:14

Re 7-bit and all...

What do you mean by "Do you prefer direct shipping or should someone serve as a proxy?"?

Do you mean "direct shipping from you" and you're located in Europe? or "direct shipping from theferenc" who's in the U.S. and which would kinda defeat the point of the group buy!? :o

Asking because I'm a bit confused but happy to see the progress :D

7bit

15 Nov 2011, 20:21

Tactical-Coder wrote:Re 7-bit and all...

What do you mean by "Do you prefer direct shipping or should someone serve as a proxy?"?

Do you mean "direct shipping from you" and you're located in Europe? or "direct shipping from theferenc" who's in the U.S. and which would kinda defeat the point of the group buy!? :o

Asking because I'm a bit confused but happy to see the progress :D
Some people wanted to serve me as a proxy, because of customs fees, or for local pickup.

- Direct shipping is from the US.
- I can serve as a proxy (shipping from Berlin, DE).
- Someone near you can serve as a proxy.
- theferenc can keep your stuff and you pick it up from him when you come near by.

nathanscribe

15 Nov 2011, 20:29

I thought part of the idea behind a group buy was to help alleviate some of the wallet-battering caused by import costs, and get a lot shipped together - so a proxy would make sense in each zone. Has anything been discussed?

TacticalCoder

16 Nov 2011, 12:34

nathanscribe wrote:I thought part of the idea behind a group buy was to help alleviate some of the wallet-battering caused by import costs, and get a lot shipped together - so a proxy would make sense in each zone. Has anything been discussed?
Yup same here. I'm confuzzabled: I thought basically the main point was that DT was mostly euro members and that there would be a single US -> Euro shipping for which we'd all share costs.

Anyway: I'm in for 7-bit as my proxy :D (you'll need to re-ship to a country very close to DE ; )

7bit

16 Nov 2011, 12:57

TacticalCoder wrote:
nathanscribe wrote:I thought part of the idea behind a group buy was to help alleviate some of the wallet-battering caused by import costs, and get a lot shipped together - so a proxy would make sense in each zone. Has anything been discussed?
Yup same here. I'm confuzzabled: I thought basically the main point was that DT was mostly euro members and that there would be a single US -> Euro shipping for which we'd all share costs.

Anyway: I'm in for 7-bit as my proxy :D (you'll need to re-ship to a country very close to DE ; )
We will do whatever is cheaper!

So you live in one of:
DK,NL,BE,LU,FR,CH,AT,BY,CZ,PL

pederlol

16 Nov 2011, 20:38

DK here. Proxy is fine by me. I'd prefer the fastest method, but whatever suits the group is fine :)

TacticalCoder

17 Nov 2011, 21:07

Yup, shipping address shall be in BE for me : ) (but really no hurries for me: I already got a my share of the loot from a previous Unicomp group buy ; )

pederlol

29 Nov 2011, 12:50

Perhaps this will be a Christmas present? =)

paat

01 Dec 2011, 20:12

anything new regarding the sorting process? ;)

7bit

01 Dec 2011, 21:15

:?

RCN.
:lol:

Really!
:shock:

pederlol

15 Dec 2011, 17:54

No presents this year it seems...

paat

15 Dec 2011, 20:45

I have no doubt that their is a reason for the delay, but the lack of information is a little bit unfortunate. I mean some time has gone since the last update. I hope the best though.

7bit

15 Dec 2011, 21:04

paat wrote:I have no doubt that their is a reason for the delay, but the lack of information is a little bit unfortunate. I mean some time has gone since the last update. I hope the best though.
The reason is ... just read yourself:
theferenc wrote:As soon as the term ends, this is the first thing on my list. We're in the middle of finals right now, which is why I've been a bit out of it lately. Everything is sitting in piles in my home office, just waiting for the boxes from the USPS.

Return to “Group buys”