Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

zslane

09 Sep 2015, 01:06

Okay, well, I can only speak for myself and I would have no problem paying the PayPal transaction fee myself if that was to be evilcamel's PayPal policy.

So far Google Wallet has worked out okay, but their tendency to impose a multi-day verification process when I try to fund my wallet drives me bananas. I've read the stories and Google has way too much discretion with regard to freezing transactions, accounts, and funds according to whatever bone-tossing voodoo heuristics their analysists have come up with this week. Makes me nervous in ways PayPal never has.

Muirium
µ

09 Sep 2015, 01:09

@Webwit: Thanks.

@Zslane: In Europe, we have SEPA. Which is like PayPal, only completely free, and you can't be thrown out of it because monkeys. It's a direct bank to bank system that also avoids all the guff about "for services!" "gift! (you must pay our cut)" and the random absence of those from PayPal's implementations between different countries which make GBs such fun.

I'm really looking forward to when my country joins Europe someday. (SEPA is useless here. Our coinage isn't accepted without a punishing fee.) But we've got to leave it and come back in again first…

rjmana

09 Sep 2015, 01:21

7bit wrote: ...

:roll:

Please let me know if anything is wrong or needs improvement.
:-)
CAD-USD exchange rate is plenty wrong and definitely needs improvement :lol:

zslane

09 Sep 2015, 01:27

Muirium wrote: Which is like PayPal, only completely free, and you can't be thrown out of it because monkeys.
Like I said, I am only speaking for myself when I say that in 15 years I've never been thrown out of PayPal for any reason. Furthermore, I have no philosophical objection to paying fees for services and convenience (and yes, I view PayPal as a valuable service). I'm sure there are lots of people here who hate having to pay a fee or a tax or a duty on anything (especially something as ephemeral as convenience), but I am not one of them. You'll never hear any complaints from me should a PayPal option become readily available.

If others, especially in the EU, don't want to use it, then they shouldn't. I'm not suggesting that Google Wallet be replaced by PayPal as the only payment option. I'm merely endorsing the idea of making it available as an additional payment option. If it's too much of a hassle for evilcamels, then so be it. But it's too bad because as much as you dislike PayPal, I am equally squirmy about Google Wallet. I use it in this context only because I must, and the lure of acquiring my SA keycaps is stronger than my apprehensions with the payment mechanism.

Elk

09 Sep 2015, 01:33

@Muirium PayPal is not comparable to SEPA, it is a "trusted third party" (don't know the english term), wereas SEPA is an interbank system. PayPal will happily chargeback sellers from your purchases if you claim you didn't receive the goods and the seller can't prove you did (that's why you must always ship tracked when being paid via Paypal). Your bank might chargeback on a credit card purchase if they like you but never ever in the case of a bank transfer.

@rjmana That's Paypal for you, exchanges rates always wrong, and always in their favor :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

09 Sep 2015, 01:39

Aye, they're not exactly alike for all purposes. But speaking of how we use them here at DT: for moving relatively small payments around between people we generally trust, for stuff that might take literally *years* to show up… PayPal vs. SEPA is very much on topic. Look who's thread we're in! Order your SEPA kit now!

trueno

09 Sep 2015, 05:22

trueno wrote:
7bit wrote: Only these few shipped today:
**snip**
:o

I had no time to carry more to the post office ...
OMG it shipped! Anyone from Canada gotten theirs? How long does it take? :-D
Well if anyone was wondering, its here! Took ~2 weeks to get to Canada. Thanks 7bit!!

Obligatory pic!

Evilcamels

09 Sep 2015, 05:45

I don't personally have any problems with PayPal, but it does cost more for participants in group buys. One thing I have noticed between the two payment options is that the order code is forgotten more often on PayPal but hopefully the awesome new guide will help remedy that.

Unrelated to the PayPal/Google wallet debate, I am currently busy with the start of the new school year so payments may be more delayed than usual while I finish moving in.

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 08:17

zslane wrote: Maybe it's shit in Europe, but in the US it is fantastic. I use PayPal for just about everything that I don't buy through Amazon. In 15 years, PayPal hasn't let me down.

Now, things might be different in the EU, but from what I can tell, evilcamels is in WA, USA and receiving funds through PayPal should go very smoothly for him.
PayPal costs us money, so I take 4% on top of the invoice amount to cover that.

SEPA and Google Wallet does not cost us money, so no extra charge for you.
:P

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 08:29

I've got a great idea:
triangle_shift.jpg
triangle_shift.jpg (97.24 KiB) Viewed 6198 times

Great thanks to trueno, who uses a 2.75 units up key.
:evilgeek:

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 09:04

Prices: 1.25 units: $3
Prcies: 1.75-2.75: $5
:cool:

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 10:12

More madness:
Price: $89 (blue version: $79)

Price: $89 (blue version: $79)

Madness from previous page:
Spoiler:
Prices: 1.25 units: $3
Prcies: 1.75-2.75: $5
:cool:

jedmund

09 Sep 2015, 11:49

Any chance at getting those 1.25 triangle keys for left/right/down again? I see they're in the leftovers but I still need white and black ;)

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 12:53

Well, since we already have up and down in the programme, why not left and right.

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 12:53

7bit wrote: Well, since we already have up and down in the programme, why not left and right.
I will also add the MODSYM kits.

Muirium
µ

09 Sep 2015, 16:13

As Facet said: several of the legends in the 7 BOT etc. 1U kit are placeholders. No one actually wants them. So here's my suggestion for one of them:
sth wrote: Image

i like the "KEY" key. very zen.
What does the KEY key do? It, alone of all the keys, sees its own essence and is enlightened.

Like a silent stream, my mind is open…

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 17:09

The 7BOT MODE key must stay!
:mad:

You can't argue against the bot!
:?

M: No one actually wants them!

7: What makes you believe,
7: no one actually wants them?

:evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

09 Sep 2015, 17:26

M:7:? What voodoo incantations are these?

I don't mind the 7 BOT MODE key. But the others in that kit — whose name I can't remember — are iffy. Many of them are suggestions Facet made last year, as a joke, that you included automatically without question. Maybe he wants them, but I'm not sure. He questioned this recently!

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 17:43

There is one little problem:
Adding more keys until the kit is full is no problem. Everybody could suggest additions.

Now, there are some orders for these kits. I have to ask everybody, if they can live without some specific keys.

2014-10:
:cool: _(cool! a lot of empty spots to suggest funcy legends!)

2015-09:
:? _(wtf! which dork suggested those stupid legends for the function kit?)

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

09 Sep 2015, 18:32

I'm very happy with the FUNCTION kit, imho all the legends are great and I'm committed to the multiple kits I've ordered. I was just surprised that all my suggested legends made it in. Here are my thoughts on them:

ERASE, YES, STOP, GO, SORT, ABORT, ENA/DIS, OPEN, CLOSE, EXEC - partly derived from my previous suggestions for HONEY/FUNCTION2 which didn't get chosen in the end, partly derived from the pairings in HONEY/FUNCTION7A.

FIRE, TURBO - revived from Round 4 SPH/FUNCTION. MAGIC (from my Round 5 proposals) seemed to be of the same school of thought, plus there's this.

XMIT - added in tribute to a DT user, as well as echoing the TRANSMIT keys from HONEY/FUNCTION/RED.

DUCK, ROLL, BEAK is my proposed version of DRUCK/ROLLEN/BREAK as previously mentioned. DUCK and ROLL made it into HONEY/FUNCTION2. BEAK was originally going to be added to Honey Sphericals Extras. The chance for a complete set was too much to resist.

SPH, MOQ, SHIP/NOW - I thought these were the least likely to get through (in the days of SP's unclear scheduling, SHIP/NOW was more of a request for action.) I'd be surprised if there any serious application for them and these are what I was thinking of when suggesting a possible review. Surely it would be down to everyone who has bought the kits to agree though.

7BOT/MODE was first mentioned by jefferai a long time ago, it seemed like a great suggestion.

So. How about a HONEYB/FUNCTION2 with RENAME, REFRESH, SEARCH, CHECK, START, SAVE, MENU, and BOOT as suggested by zslane, and KEY? I'd buy a few of these too.

drrtyrokka

09 Sep 2015, 19:11

HONEYB/MODBASE125/WHITE please, please, please...
This would make me spend additional 100 bugs. Go for it :P

usopia

09 Sep 2015, 20:17

7bit wrote: More madness:
Thanx for TKLISOBASE.
...I ordered more.

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 20:33

@drrtyrokka: please keep your bugs!

These keys in HONEYB/FUNCTION make sense to me:
TAB, BACK SPACE, DELETE, ERASE, NO, YES, STOP, GO, OPEN, CLOSE, RUN, FN (or FUN), END, HELP.

These, I want for the fun of it:
MAGIC, XMIT, DUCK, 7BIT MODE, 7BOT MODE

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 20:44

drrtyrokka wrote: HONEYB/MODBASE125/WHITE please, please, please...
This would make me spend additional 100 bugs. Go for it :P
Added!

Elk

09 Sep 2015, 20:46

'SUMMON CORPSE'

:mrgreen:

FranksNewLiver

09 Sep 2015, 21:50

As someone with an b.mini ex I would kill for the HONEYB/CURSORBASE/XXXXXX to have different profiles for those with a vertical cursor cluster.
Something like:
Row1 - Home/Ins/Print/Scroll/Pause
Row2 - End/Del
Row3 - Page Up
Row4 - Page Down

catdogpaw

09 Sep 2015, 21:52

Any chance that there will be a 60% kit like Round 5? :?:

I don't want to end up with a bunch of extra keys—I am one of the few people here, perhaps, who only has one keyboard... :lol:

7bit

09 Sep 2015, 22:39

FranksNewLiver wrote: As someone with an b.mini ex I would kill for the HONEYB/CURSORBASE/XXXXXX to have different profiles for those with a vertical cursor cluster.
Something like:
Row1 - Home/Ins/Print/Scroll/Pause
Row2 - End/Del
Row3 - Page Up
Row4 - Page Down
These is a HONEYB/CURSOREXTRA kit:
(available in different colors)
Le's see what is missing:

row 1: Home/Ins/Print/Scroll/Pause are all in the base kit
row 2: End/Del are in the base kit
row 3: Page Up is missing, so I will add it to the CURSOREXTRA kit
row 4: Page Down is missing, so I will add it to the CURSOREXTRA kit

:ugeek:

Data

09 Sep 2015, 22:39

Muirium wrote: As Facet said: several of the legends in the 7 BOT etc. 1U kit are placeholders. No one actually wants them. So here's my suggestion for one of them:
sth wrote: Image

i like the "KEY" key. very zen.
What does the KEY key do? It, alone of all the keys, sees its own essence and is enlightened.

Like a silent stream, my mind is open…
SEEK and ye shall FIND.

(the seek key is pretty rad)

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

09 Sep 2015, 22:49

SEEK and FIND also for the FUNCTION2 then? :mrgreen:

p.s. I knew I'd seen that keyboard before!
Dave Allen introduces a compilation video using that system to choose from his back catalogue:
Dave Allen edit suite.jpg
Dave Allen edit suite.jpg (49.83 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
Dave Allen edit suite keyboard.jpg
Dave Allen edit suite keyboard.jpg (37.8 KiB) Viewed 6431 times

Return to “Group buys”